Sign in to follow this  
chrissus

too many secondary stats

i bought the mystic, leveled her to 50 and now i don't want to play her because i have to read too many secondary ***. idc if 1 piece adds 3% to tower 1 or 2% to tower 2 or if i get +2% damage on skill 1. That's way to complex and the same on every new hero. Would it be to hard to add a piece on gear with let's say 3% on every skill, which i could use on my gun witch, my ev, my mystic, my summoner... i think you get the point. I played the game quite a lot and i like grinding gear but that's ridiculous. The amount of secondary stats is out of control and i think you should get rid of some useless stats and focus only on a few specific stats for every new hero and some shared stats which i could use on more heroes. that way if you want to get the most out of the hero you can farm as much as you want or you can use some generic gear which suits most heroes and be happy with that.

The passives system is supposedly going to be revamped at some point in the (hopefully not too distant) future. This should at least involve the removal of some passives and the combining/streamlining of others.

I am hoping that it also involves moving most, if not all, passives to the spheres system so that gear can simply be about basic stats while your sphere selection determines how you play, but they've been pretty light on the details of what the revamp will entail.

anything changed yet? i heard we'll get another hero. might buy the hero with medals, get bored really quick and then don't play again untile the next is released

I don't quite get it...

Once you've beaten all the content, grinding for better gear is all that's left.

If you remove all the passives and make it easy to get the best possible gear, there won't be anything left to do. So in the current state of the game, it's not bad to have many passives, many possible build for your characters and if it takes forever to have the perfect gear you want, you get to play forever. If trying to get the perfect gear proves too frustrating for you, then stop trying. You don't need it. But why asking for it to be removed?  It's not fair for others.

I think we should get more passives and more possibilities. Improving the loot system so it's less frustrating would be good too, but whatever trendy do, when you got near perfect gear, getting better will be harder, up to a point where it's impossible. The frustration is unavoidable.

The only solution would be for Trendy to add new (balanced) content faster than the players can beat it. But it's impossible. So,  either grind or play only when there's new stuff.

I personally feel there is not to many, if you have a build in mind it is very easy to pick out what you want/need and what to focus on.

In fact I would love to see more so I actually have options to use some very under used turrets at this time! I would also love to see the Set bonus come back from DD1 that gives big stat bonus (for wearing all the same type of armour etc)

@Ryzours quote:

I don't quite get it...

Once you've beaten all the content, grinding for better gear is all that's left.

If you remove all the passives and make it easy to get the best possible gear, there won't be anything left to do. So in the current state of the game, it's not bad to have many passives, many possible build for your characters and if it takes forever to have the perfect gear you want, you get to play forever. If trying to get the perfect gear proves too frustrating for you, then stop trying. You don't need it. But why asking for it to be removed?  It's not fair for others.

I think we should get more passives and more possibilities. Improving the loot system so it's less frustrating would be good too, but whatever trendy do, when you got near perfect gear, getting better will be harder, up to a point where it's impossible. The frustration is unavoidable.

The only solution would be for Trendy to add new (balanced) content faster than the players can beat it. But it's impossible. So,  either grind or play only when there's new stuff.

That all there is to do after a certain point is grind for gear is a separate problem that I'm hoping the end game update will address.

I don't know about you, but for me and my friends, getting to the "grind for gear because gear" stage of a game means we move on to another game.

End game should be about fun and interesting challenges, not gear.

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

We mostly agree. But until the endgame is improved, there's not much else to do but farm stuff.....

and to finish fun and hard challenges you need gear :P with interesting differences in builds so we aint all just a bunch of clones

@Ryzours quote:

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

We mostly agree. But until the endgame is improved, there's not much else to do but farm stuff.....

Which is why I have been playing other games while waiting for updates that I think will make the game interesting. I get to have fun and Trendy, seeing that I'm not playing, knows that they need to make some changes to get me back in game. (And sticking around on the forums allows me to give more specific feedback while staying informed about the state of the game.)

@Jinxed quote:

and to finish fun and hard challenges you need gear :P with interesting differences in builds so we aint all just a bunch of clones

Which mostly only requires that the game be more balanced. The only reason most people are building the same way is because a small number of towers (with a specific passive(s)) outshine the others.

If/when Trendy gets everything more balanced, you'll likely see much more variety (whether or not they move passives to spheres) since people will be able to use the heroes and towers that they want to use instead of using whatever tower is currently OP.

It is also my hope that, along with moving passives to spheres, they also add more stats to gear with some negative ones (similar to DD1). This will allow for hybrid builds and keep things interesting by letting people trade certain stats for others (increased range at the cost of DPS, for example).

They need to just redo the stat system entirely. Make tower bonuses a base stat on gear drops ontop of the already Tower damage/range/speed like we already have (like say Tower 1:+50, Tower 2: +5, etc) and change passives so they can change how towers interact with enemies and the environment. This would allow people to build their heroes far better than what we have currently, open up far more possibilities with builds in the future, and just be far more fun overall to play around with. It gives the devs more time to work on actual passives than having to worry about adding +2% passives to every new piece of gear ontop of the new interesting passives that do change how towers work. 

@Arcflare quote:

They need to just redo the stat system entirely. Make tower bonuses a base stat on gear drops ontop of the already Tower damage/range/speed like we already have (like say Tower 1:+50, Tower 2: +5, etc) and change passives so they can change how towers interact with enemies and the environment. This would allow people to build their heroes far better than what we have currently, open up far more possibilities with builds in the future, and just be far more fun overall to play around with. It gives the devs more time to work on actual passives than having to worry about adding +2% passives to every new piece of gear ontop of the new interesting passives that do change how towers work. 

This, but with the tower-changing passives as spheres and more than just 2 base stats per piece of gear is what I'd like to see happen.