Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Shard maps returning

On today's TFF stream iamisom mentioned Trendy may be bringing back Shard maps.

I'm hoping that the Holy Grail of Shard maps comes back and that's Aquanos. From the amazing music to the most sacred of enemies who are beloved by all called Sharken.

I know there are a few Djinn, Spiders and Goblin Copter fans as well. So seeing them come back would be a welcomed addition. At least we have seen spider models in DD2.

Either way I'm so hyped for this.

I always hated Sharken lol. Weren't tough, just annoying. Easily cheesed. Loved the map though.

Desert town was probably top 3 maps from first game once I got to play the non PS3 satan Djinn AI. They never fixed them on console, so they were always annoying.

I can't wait either. Some old features from dungeon defenders 1.  Might be making its way to Dungeon Defenders 2. I really hope so.

iamisom Still didn't receive my code from the TFF stream.

Edit: Never mind  got it .

@Mybrainisanut quote:

Oh for the sake of the old one... Fixing bugs before new content arrives is more currently appealing to the game.

Thankfully they removed the mid stone milestone updates to actually start squashing some bugs, so the next milestone is what around 5 and half weeks now?

It will include Inventory and End game changes.

In the mean time you may get some quality of life changes. That is much more acceptable.

Now what you should of said was hail our Sharken overlords.

I never liked the layout of Morraggo, to fiddly in places.

Rest would be very welcome.

Would also like Assault type game modes to make a come back, pref without the speed nerf (that was a thing, right?).

PvP is hopefully not on their radar to do.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Thankfully they removed the mid stone milestone updates to actually start squashing some bugs, so the next milestone is what around 5 and half weeks now?

To be more clear, there will still be updates at the mid-milestone point, but if we add any new content in them, it will be smaller in scope than what we did previously. 

Also I said may bring back Shards maps! We'll see. :)

@iamisom quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

To be more clear, there will still be updates at the mid-milestone point, but if we add any new content in them, it will be smaller in scope than what we did previously. 

Also I said may bring back Shards maps! We'll see. :)

I meant content wise. All I'm expecting is QoL changes.

Well you weren't the only one to mention it, like Sombrero mentioned you guys were talking about it in the dev stream bringing Shards map back then as well.

Anyway I hope you do. Those were easily some of the best maps in the game.

Not to mention it would be nice to see Sharken come back and rush your Crystal. They could be a perfect counter to all these builds which like to use towers that slow down enemies every time.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I meant content wise. All I'm expecting is QoL changes.

@iamisom quote:

;)

Those Goblincopters can go back to hell with their sniper-range rocket aiming copter.png