Sign in to follow this  
Mysticwriter612

In need of guidance :)

I mentioned in another thread that I'd appericiate a well explained "guide" on the new popular meta build but i think it got lost in all else being said.

What id like to kno:

1) What toons do you need for your hero deck?

2) why? What element of stratedgy do they cover? 

3) what base stats for gear is recomended for each toon?

4) what passives on gear is recomended for each toon?

5) how exactly do you setup the choke points? (Ex. I used to have a spike blockade with a line of chaos/normal traps and some anti air from a monk plus frosty to amp traps from a mage at each choke)

Thanks for any feedback and guidance :) 

Everyone is different. My builds are usually serenity auras with purge evil, frost towers, electric auras, spike bloackade and elemental chaos traps. I DPS with a gun witch.

Purge Evil is a must have perk - the pole arm with that is on the Malthus insurcsion I believe. For 20 DU it's a low cost defence that really helps.

Most people on here will tell you to go poison dart tower/archers which is fine. I personally don't, but that's just how I play. I can do NM4 quite easy - I can't AFK it, which to me is good. I actually play the game then.

If you are wanting the meta:

1) PDT Huntress, Monk, filler

2) PDT does massive aoe dmg, 1 of them solos a lane, while monk is used to boost the dmg further (not really needed) and provide a slow with serenity

3) Defense Power, that's all that matters for the huntress + monk, crit doesn't scale well with PDT since its based on the initial dmg not the poison

4) Toxic Shock bow from Chrome Enemies, NM1 bow will work all you need is the Viper's Bite passive that spreads poison when the enemy dies, higher poison % and range preferred but anything will work. For monk you'll want an idle flow relic with the lowest % you can find and Purge Evil polearm from Malthius Incursion, also works to use a NM1 since its just the passive you want, closest to 400% is best.

5) 1 PDT per lane, Serenity Aura covering the kill zone, boost auras on PDT if you want.

You can pretty much afk any NM4 map with this setup.

Personally I find the meta boring, but nearly everything that doesn't use PDT/Proton Beams/Archers will fail in NM4 unless you have REALLY good stats and dps heroes 

I think i responded on that thread as well but i guess it was a bit confusing.

The Strongest tower right now is easily The Poison Dart tower. I have seen well geared people clear maps with only PDT and Serenity aura. 

For that build to work you need 2 Unique legendary weapons, one is the Toxic shock (Huntress) which gives your PDT area coverage(if a poisoned enemy dies the poison spreads to nearby enemies), and the other one is the Purge Evil Polearm (monk) which makes enemies explode if they die inside your serenity aura.

If you have these 2 you can then mix up the build howere you like, for examle with boost auras ond/or buff beams, blockades, single target dps towers to pop the first enemy so your On-Death effectchain kicks in.

I think the most popular is the combination with proton beams sonce they can freeze enemies and do a ton of DPS.

For stats of your Huntress and monk you should prioritize Defense Power, then you can go either defense health or crit whatever you like more. EV2 is best with Defense Power and Crit with as much Crit chance as you can get.

For Passives..   I dont remember if there still is a PDT tower passive besides The one on the Toxic Shock bow so the only thing that matters would be Crit chance on Gear, if you want to use her as a trapper too look for Volatile scematics, crit chance and the one that gives you more dmg on traps.

The monk has a passive on the Helm (i think) that gives your serenity aura more range, and also the radiance passive on other gear parts that gives all auras more range. On the medallion you should look for the passive that gives your Serenity a slow.

I hope this helps a bit more and sorry im bad at remembering names

@Jothi92 quote:

The Strongest tower right now is easily The Poison Dart tower. I have seen well geared people clear maps with only PDT and Serenity aura. 

For that build to work you need 2 Unique legendary weapons, one is the Toxic shock (Huntress) which gives your PDT area coverage(if a poisoned enemy dies the poison spreads to nearby enemies), and the other one is the Purge Evil Polearm (monk) which makes enemies explode if they die inside your serenity aura.

If you have these 2 you can then mix up the build howere you like, for examle with boost auras ond/or buff beams, blockades, single target dps towers to pop the first enemy so your On-Death effectchain kicks in.

I think the most popular is the combination with proton beams sonce they can freeze enemies and do a ton of DPS.

For stats of your Huntress and monk you should prioritize Defense Power, then you can go either defense health or crit whatever you like more. EV2 is best with Defense Power and Crit with as much Crit chance as you can get.

For Passives..   I dont remember if there still is a PDT tower passive besides The one on the Toxic Shock bow so the only thing that matters would be Crit chance on Gear, if you want to use her as a trapper too look for Volatile scematics, crit chance and the one that gives you more dmg on traps.

The monk has a passive on the Helm (i think) that gives your serenity aura more range, and also the radiance passive on other gear parts that gives all auras more range. On the medallion you should look for the passive that gives your Serenity a slow.

The Karma Vortex passive drops on gloves.

PDT's still have Towering Poison and Speedy Darts, which boost Tower HP and Attack speed, respectively.

@Jothi92 quote:

Thanks for the in depth overview! Yeah i like the sound of this build cuz its simple. I did enjoy the trapper chaos trapper spike blockade older meta but having to take spheres on and off and needing so many tower toons in my deck was a drag.

So i saw from someone else where to get the purge evil, but where do i get the other weapon mentioned?

I use pdts, viper towers, heavy cannonballs, ev beams, boost aura and target dummies with teleport sword. 

Its beautiful overkill

So i saw from someone else where to get the purge evil, but where do i get the other weapon mentioned?

You get it from the Chrome enemies Incursion.

http://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Updated_Weapon_Drops

This list is not updated with the newest weapons, but for me it works fine, if someone has a actual droplist please link it

@Jothi92 quote:

You get it from the Chrome enemies Incursion.

http://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Updated_Weapon_Drops

This list is not updated with the newest weapons, but for me it works fine, if someone has a actual droplist please link it

ty! Now on that list it jus shows the weapon name, map, and mode. What difficulties then? Or is it one of them can b found on any but the harder the better the chances?

@Mysticwriter612 quote:ty! Now on that list it jus shows the weapon name, map, and mode. What difficulties then? Or is it one of them can b found on any but the harder the better the chances?

They should all be 100% guaranteed drops on every difficulty, but the harder, the better stats they have, obviously (e.g. a bit more defense power). So get them on the hardest difficulty you can do, but as someone above said, the most important value is a good percentage on the item-specific passive you want, so the difficulty should not be that important.

@sirozan quote:
@Mysticwriter612 quote:ty! Now on that list it jus shows the weapon name, map, and mode. What difficulties then? Or is it one of them can b found on any but the harder the better the chances?

They should all be 100% guaranteed drops on every difficulty, but the harder, the better stats they have, obviously (e.g. a bit more defense power). So get them on the hardest difficulty you can do, but as someone above said, the most important value is a good percentage on the item-specific passive you want, so the difficulty should not be that important.

Well so far i found a purge evil staff. My traps are still far more effective than using those serentity auras. I need more defense power on my monk. i also have a passive on my medallian or whatever that apperenrly slows enemies within serenity aura but it doesnt LOOK like it does? 

@SpiderDanX quote:

I you are interested in making a Mystic, head on over here for a VERY DETAILED explanation on the different ways you can build the Mystic: Mystic Explained

Thanks but I never mentioned anything about mystic lol. Not yet interested but now i kno where to go once i am xD

But yeah, the passive that lets serenity auras slow enemies, does that work or is it bugged atm? 

Okay everyone I need a bit more guidance :) 

I got the toxic shock bow and man is that a game changer. Combined it with some spike blocades and serenity auras (also got purge evil) and now I can handle nm3 incrusions, well most of them.

I see two weaknesses in this, for me, and need help strengthening them. MY spike blockades dont hold up well anymore and despite my efforts i cant seem to find hearty blockade on any gear aside medallian. Makes me wonder if that was a change in my time away? If so how can i get them to handle better, or is there a new blocking tower from a new class? If so what is it and how does it work?

Secondly, it seems high hp targets take a bit too long to kill. Outside of amping up my defense power on huntress what other means can i counter this? Towers i should use? I throw a trap down and it helped but i feel there is a better way.

Edit: by high hp i mean ogres and the like

Yes the Hearty Blockade passive can only roll on the Relics, it can go up to 40% i think. Otherwise you can have the automation passive on your weapon and relic to help your barricades last longer.

If you have The toxic shock + Purge evil setup, the best addition is CC. If you dont have EV with Proton beams maybe a geysier + LA or Frosty + Traps can help you out.

The Poison dart Tower deals a lot of Damage over time so the more you slow and stun your enemies the more effective it gets.

You should also prioritize upgrading the poison tower over everything else, at least until they are at LVL 3 or 4.

@Jothi92 quote:

Yes the Hearty Blockade passive can only roll on the Relics, it can go up to 40% i think. Otherwise you can have the automation passive on your weapon and relic to help your barricades last longer.

If you have The toxic shock + Purge evil setup, the best addition is CC. If you dont have EV with Proton beams maybe a geysier + LA or Frosty + Traps can help you out.

The Poison dart Tower deals a lot of Damage over time so the more you slow and stun your enemies the more effective it gets.

You should also prioritize upgrading the poison tower over everything else, at least until they are at LVL 3 or 4.

Ugh. I was hopin like one of the toons had a new wall. Does the slow effect from serenity passive work (doesnt seem to?) and if it does does that slow stack wit frosty?

I already prioritize pdt :) 

i dont know if the slow on serenity works, since i havent gotten a good medallion yet.

The Abyss Lord and the Mystic both have high HP Walls, but from my experience the Automation Passive makes the Barricades tank more hits in the end.

@Jothi92 quote:

i dont know if the slow on serenity works, since i havent gotten a good medallion yet.

The Abyss Lord and the Mystic both have high HP Walls, but from my experience the Automation Passive makes the Barricades tank more hits in the end.

Well Id prefer a stronger wall for, what I feel, is a better yeild (I mainly play solo). If I did what ur saying all 4 of my toons in deck will be defense specs. Squire (walls) ev (booster) monk (anti air) and of course huntress (pdt). If i swap out the squire for a better wall toon, then i wont "need" ev for defense and i can bring a dps in. My dps ev (tho i dont usually use it cuz im usually gear farming for defense spec toons and passives -.-) can almost handle an entire choke point with no defenses. I also cant take on major bosses without her for nm3+ so thats my thoughts on why I should use better "base" walls.

With all that said, which toon has a better wall and why, abysal or mystic? (I have neither unlocked atm but closing in on 10k tokens)

I heard a lot of people say Mystic has the best walls in the game, but i dont have a mystic waller and dont plan on making one so i cant tell you for sure

Can anyone confirm which toon makes the best waller? :) Once i hit 10k medals ima unlock one and wana make sure i make the right choice xD

I mean in just reading abysal and mystic its hard to tell and idk if there are any passives that will help one or the other (like how hearty blockade used to b).

Mystic sounds like those bubbles are nice to stop some hits, but it would SEEM like less hp than what the abysal has, and that thing womps on whats infront of it. Tough call, feedback encouraged :)

@Mysticwriter612 quote:Well Id prefer a stronger wall for, what I feel, is a better yeild (I mainly play solo). If I did what ur saying all 4 of my toons in deck will be defense specs. Squire (walls) ev (booster) monk (anti air) and of course huntress (pdt). If i swap out the squire for a better wall toon, then i wont "need" ev for defense and i can bring a dps in. My dps ev (tho i dont usually use it cuz im usually gear farming for defense spec toons and passives -.-) can almost handle an entire choke point with no defenses. I also cant take on major bosses without her for nm3+ so thats my thoughts on why I should use better "base" walls.

Why not swap one of your builders for your dps ev2 in your hero deck after setting up all your defenses? Ok, if a defense from the hero you have swapped out for your dps hero gets destroyed you can't replace it until next building phase, but i think having a good dps hero with you in higher waves really helps you.

TL;DR:  Original 4 heroes ftw. Good enough to play entire game through, Squire Walls are super tanky and are my preference for walls. Apprentice DPS is amazing and is a great answer to Ogres.  Source: I solo'd from NM1 into NM4 and have tried a lot of builds. I like #nonmeta builds myself but it's hard to argue with the numbers sometimes.

Here's my advice on your situation (pretty lengthy):

I used Apprentice for DPS (HD/AP) and I used a Squire (DP/DH), Huntress (DP/DC) and Monk (DP/DC) for towers. Didn't get any other characters until I had geared for NM4. I was able to solo into NM4 using just these four. It was a bit difficult, but is indeed possible. Imo, you don't need DH for a non-waller character. Your towers shouldn't normally get hit and the natural health for traps/aura's is enough.

Squire Waller is great and is what I use. If you need a relic with Hearty Blockade, run NM3 Throne Room. Throne Room / Assault on Throne Room has no flying enemies (unless a sub objective goes down) so you won't have to worry about AA.  Make sure all your Squire gear has DH, and Automation on as many pieces as you can. A relic with a good Hearty Blockade % but lower DH stat will give you more wall HP overall than one with more DH stat with lower Hearty Blockade %.  Try to get a squire weapon with Shellshock to give your Cannonballs a chance to stun. 2 (or even 1) Cannonball towers with ~25% to stun for 2.5s each helps a ton with ogres and other special enemies. The stun will let the PDT poison tick away at their HP. The extra cannonball damage passive helps a bit too here.

If you can, Purge Evil passive on monk weapon from Malthius incursion helps a TON. The Idle Flow passive should say "TO" instead of "BY" for the percentage. Stupid Typos.  Both of those passives make Serenity Aura a godsend for only 20 DU. Especially with the SA sphere that increases range by 25%. Get as much DP as you can on your gear with your monk to maximize the Purge Evil passive. You'll want to try and find the Radiance passive on gear (increased Aura radius) and Karma Vortex on gloves (increases SA range).

Traptress you'll want to get passives to boost chaos trap damage and trap radius. Two Chaos traps in front of a blockade helps deal extra DPS to special enemies knocking on your walls. It helps to have the Toxic Shock bow too for PDT's (it gives extra damage to PDT's and makes enemies that die to PDT's explode).  Tip from my experience = NEVER put PDT's in a position where they fire head on into a lane.  Poison damage from the same PDT does not stack on itself so hitting an enemy multiple times results in wasted shots. PDT's also will not change their targets until the current one is dead. PDT's from the same toon also do not stack. The poison damage ticks for 15 seconds so try to make the enemies walk to your wall as long as possible and place your PDT from BEHIND the lane, so that it's firing in the same direction as the enemies are walking. This helps in hitting as many different enemies as possible. Even if they get to the wall, the poison continues to tick and they will hit the Chaos traps.

Apprentice DPS ftw. I went HD/AP for my DPS Apprentice. The passive that lets your tornado hold up enemies longer helps a lot, but the main one you want to look for is Ancient Magicks. It makes the damage of Mana Bomb go up by a %. I was able to get my Mana Bomb to deal 500k+ to ogres. With Superconducter and spheres reducing CD, you can blast a Mana Bomb once every 5 or 6 seconds.  You also only take 10% damage while casting Mana Bomb so you can run up to an Ogre and Mana Bomb in his face while your towers also rain down on it. Just be sure to be quick to get out before the Ogre has a chance to swing at you. :P The Tornado ability is great for CC'ing a lane that an Ogre or some other special enemy is coming down. Unless they're grounded of course, but then the Mana Bomb should take care of them anyway.

If you need some extra CC, work some LA/Geyser trap combos into your build, it's great for CC. The huntress bow from Siphon Site D will help your Geysers do some decent AoE damage too if you can get a decent roll on the passive (Shard Spike). If you need a bit of extra damage, Earthshatters are great when coupled with Purge Evil SA's. The really high damage per hit will kill things weakened by the PDT and start a chain reaction of explosions because of Purge Evil. Frosty's are nice coupled with the PDT's too since they'll end up taking more ticks of poison damage.

I probably forgot some things here or there but that's basically the jist of it. I got GW once I got into NM4 and love her DPS. Now I use Flamethrower Towers/SA's/PDT's and it's a cakewalk.