Sign in to follow this  
TMyth

BARBARIAN TIME

The moment I know at least SOME of us have been waiting for. The only DPS for me, the double sword slinging action, whack some gobus on the head Conan the Barbarian legend. If you're as hyped as I am for this character give a comment or reply! :D

@TMyth quote:

... whack some gobus on the head Conan the Barbarian legend. If you're as hyped as I am for this character give a comment or reply! :D

not hyped :_( sounds like a mean guy, gobu. But the legion is used to it. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

I'd like to see the Barbarian. Then again I've grabbed all the chars so far. :)

I'd like his right click to make him spin real fast as he moves hitting all around him, and have a battlecry that's a 360 degree effect, and a giant leap................ *walks off to play diablo barb*

Actually what I would like is a fast move ability that is a leap (I think in D1 he had this?) kinda like how you do a location target with other characters and he does an area damage on land (storm boots on steroids).

I do want a melee DPS but just to play into the theme a bit he should have a throw or different throws where he throws towers (ballistas, barricades, skydragons) that does different effects; that would be tongue-in-cheek funny like "Mongo don't need towers!" bit. Also, an ability where he just stands his ground and he becomes a barricade like "Mongo IS a tower!" and repel/damage like a spiked blockade-- maybe his heal ability.

What I don't want to see is his left click being the left melee weapon and the right click being his right melee weapon.... that mechanic was too much on the mouse clicking and kinda silly to me.

I'd use him. No melee class so far has really been fun to me, but the full DPS treatment may change that.

Also, is this from some impossible for me to find announcement?

And to the haters of dps classes: He's coming, people want him, so best to just let them get him out of the way :P

@Pegazul quote:

I hope its not barb. DPS only heros are boring.

hes the only one left to be done next, they gave an order for when they would make the heroes and hes last on the list, and i understand the DPS only heroes in a tower defense, but then again why dont you complain about the gunwitch?

@TMyth quote:

@Pegazul quote:

hes the only one left to be done next, they gave an order for when they would make the heroes and hes last on the list, and i understand the DPS only heroes in a tower defense, but then again why dont you complain about the gunwitch?

There has been complaints about GW.

But what good does it do now?

@TMyth quote:

@Pegazul quote:

People did. I still stand by the fact variety is the spice of life whether I'm excited or not. Were it up to me, EV wouldn't be in the game. Just not a fan of the robots, but it's not, and others enjoy her.

DPS heroes are also great for players who don't build. They can join a match and not feel the need to interfere with someone else's work in progress.

@Pegazul quote:

I love playing Barbarian. Sometimes you want others to build and brain-afk-dps all mobs to death. That's pretty much barbarian time for me. Enjoying the towers and clearing bosses or that lane where mobs get too close.

They mentioned it in the last devstream that Barbarian would be the next announcement after "the big thing".

@Vagnar quote:

@TMyth quote:

@Pegazul quote:

DPS heroes are also great for players who don't build. They can join a match and not feel the need to interfere with someone else's work in progress.

See this is also why, I love tower defense games but some days I just want to run around see what type of damage I can do to priority targets. Thing is though I've never had a DPS in this game that interested me til the barbarian. I love melee combat and have had a tank squire for so long that I have gear with double resists on each piece of gear (you can no longer get double resistances on your armor). He was a blast to play way back in the day and just stand and tank an ogre for hours and never budge. But since the time has past and dracolich has basically made Offense the Best Defense.. I can't really play anyone fun so I'm hoping barbarian will really switch things up for me. Don't get me wrong I would absolutely love a new tower character! But I also understand there needs to be two sides. As DD1 had before it, you need DPS heroes and tower builders. You're not meant to stand around and pepper people or tickle them with your shots or foam swords. You need to have something to do after the round is going on to make it more interactive.

The game is too easy to really need a DPS. The 2 bosses in game in reality only need to DPS one of them down. Even then I think you can full damage Harb with just towers as well. imo Hero DPS is kind of useless so adding another pure DPS character sounds unfun for me at least.

@Eodest quote:

The game is too easy to really need a DPS. The 2 bosses in game in reality only need to DPS one of them down. Even then I think you can full damage Harb with just towers as well. imo Hero DPS is kind of useless so adding another pure DPS character sounds unfun for me at least.

"Currently too easy", this isn't going to stay the same once they introduce the new enemies and new difficulty. There is going to be no way you won't need a good dps, that much I'm sure of. They don't need new tower builders anyway, what they need is to rebuff the old heroes to make them good again. Because as of right now their motto of "Not a pay to win game", is COMPLETELY untrue. All new heroes outclass the old ones 1 / 3. The squires blockades are great, awesome. But his turrets are underwhelming even building his overall kit perfectly. The monks boosts are great and the serenity aura is great. But the electric auras are sub par compared to what they used to be. The huntres PDT's are great but her traps now pale in comparison. Her blaze balloons are even worse for the higher DU and have been that way since the nerf like a year ago.. And her geyser has been history since it also got nerfed like a year and a half ago. They haven't fixed the problem heroes since the game was in Pre-Alpha. But before we end, let us not forget the Apprentice which flameburst towers are absolutely terrible in comparison to that of a cannonball with such minor splash damage the enemies just put on some sunscreen and they're good to go. It goes above and beyond getting new heroes and towers. Make the towers we have usable. That would give the game its variety to make it enjoyable and would allow flexibility to players to stick around and use it all, try new combos and better understand the game. Me personally, I'll play for like another month get bored of the same gear grind with the same 3/20 towers and quit again. Building the same way every single map and winning effortlessly is boring. No challenge and no variety is a game killer. Even being a perfectionist can't make me sit to stomach the game for longer than a month before I get absolutely bored with the same never changing gameplay.

@TMyth quote:

@Pegazul quote:

He is definitely not the only one left. They still have the Man & Machine that crushed the Barbarian 20 to 9 in a head-to-head influence vote and Blacksmith really wants to make this guy next so there's a decently good chance that's the next hero. Plus they have a slew of other heroes that haven't even been mentioned to us yet.

@TMyth quote:

The moment I know at least SOME of us have been waiting for. The only DPS for me, the double sword slinging action, whack some gobus on the head Conan the Barbarian legend. If you're as hyped as I am for this character give a comment or reply! :D

WOOT WOOT!!!!  

@stuffymonster quote:

Wait... did they announce something?

Sort of. They mentioned in the last dev stream that Barbarbian in coming. It was briefly mentioned, but no time frame given.

[[150110,users]] Just in reference to you pay to win comment - If you can obtain something without paying money, it's not pay to win. That's natural game progression.

You can dislike the grind or have other complaints about how it's set up, but it's not pay to win. That system implies paying customers have advantages non paying customers can NOT obtain period. Things like huge drop rates boosts or access to unique perks and equipmemt etc. If they went and made Dragolich a gem purchase pet, going forward the game is pay to win.

In truth, it WOULD make sense for unlockable heros to outclass the default heros, but that would suck for a game like this.

@Vagnar quote:

Tmyth Just in reference to you pay to win comment - If you can obtain something without paying money, it's not pay to win. That's natural game progression.

You can dislike the grind or have other complaints about how it's set up, but it's not pay to win. That system implies paying customers have advantages non paying customers can NOT obtain period. Things like huge drop rates boosts or access to unique perks and equipmemt etc. If they went and made Dragolich a gem purchase pet, going forward the game is pay to win.

In truth, it WOULD make sense for unlockable heros to outclass the default heros, but that would suck for a game like this.

The idea that the four main heroes would get outclassed would be a complete drag, as a lot of people including myself like the four main heroes and the towers they can build. A simple buff on their part would be nice to increase their usability.

i don't like thew art concept of barb vs older past barbarian kinda looks like hes been face smashed ..a little permanent.   duel wield is cool.  though I prefer rogue melee types.. So just my input .  Maybe we can seen a (two handed sword user class , Or a  countess return, the jesters, or something new obviously ? hehe something  Anyways trendy will deliver!.