Sign in to follow this  
blue_hole_punch

Feeling very annoyed (and sore!)

Firstly - Trendy where can I send my dr bill for the RSI I just got from having to reallocate my points on 8 heros?? 8 x 380 points = a lot of presses of the X button. Pretty sure I need a new one, it's pretty worn out. Can you PLEASE add making a long hold of the X button in the points, for both SAS and upgrades, just allocate points until we let go. Would have saved my poor fingers and wrists.

Secondly, why do you keep reducing DU on maps without it being in the patch notes???? First it was the first map, dropped from 800 to 600. Now Nimbus reach has been dropped from 1400 to 1200. Fair enough reducing it to make the game more challenging, but at least put it in the damn patch notes.

I try to stay positive. I know you are a small team and you're working really hard. I get it, I really do. And you have to put up with all of the complaining that happens on these forums. I get frustrated by just reading some threads and the silly things people complain about. But i'm starting to understand them a little now. I'm growing more and more frustrated with this game, especially with how PS4 players are treated like the kid from your first marriage when you've moved on and had more kids. We get all the promises, none of the follow through.

I love this game and I put A LOT of hours in, as many as I can fit around work and life. But I'm growing tired of not getting excited for releases, because i know everything is just going to break. The same issue keeps happening with the weekly' when you repeat a mission, but no matter how many times you do it you keep doing it!!! Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result?

I know this will get ignored. Your presence on these forums, particularly in the PS4 section is woeful. And I'm going to keep playing, because blasting things with my gun witch is an excellent way to get over my stressful days. But I just hope you can get your *&^$ together before i decide to stop playing.

TL;DR - have RSI from reallocating stat points thanks to having to press each time, getting annoyed with DU on maps being reduced without being told

Ok i think the game knew I was pissed at it. Mid way through wave 1, NM4 NImbus Reach and it suddenly goes "loading session" and dumps me into the first map in the campaign. Er, what?!?!?!?!?!?!? I give up for tonight...

@blue_hole_punch quote

Secondly, why do you keep reducing DU on maps without it being in the patch notes???? First it was the first map, dropped from 800 to 600. Now Nimbus reach has been dropped from 1400 to 1200. Fair enough reducing it to make the game more challenging, but at least put it in the damn patch notes.

It is in the patch notes under the campaign revamp section. 

Edit:

"We rebalanced Defense Mana and Defense Unit budgets in the campaign revamp. Your defense placement choices and strategies are more meaningful and tougher."

About your "DU drop isnt in patch notes" its there, I read it, then experienced it. Even forest crossroads has a lil less, I think they lowered all maps a tad this time. They could b more clear as to their exact changes with this but they did state they were lowered for more challenge/purpose behind our defense decisions.

@blue_hole_punch quote:

[...] having to reallocate my points on 8 heros?? 8 x 380 points = a lot of presses of the X button. Can you PLEASE add making a long hold of the X button in the points, for both SAS and upgrades, just allocate points until we let go. Would have saved my poor fingers and wrists.

THIS, is't so overdue that we get this!!

(i actually did a speed duel with my friend once, who can reallocate all his stats faster. I closely won, but it was very painful for our hands, so we decided not to make a revenge, lol)

@blue_hole_punch quote:

I get frustrated by just reading some threads and the silly things people complain about. But i'm starting to understand them a little now.

>proceeds to complain about having to press a button to add extra stats.
>complains about supposedly missing info in patch notes even tho all the info is there.

... The stupidest complain thread i've seen in a while. Each issue you pointed out contradicts to reality.
If you get health issues from pressing a single button several times, video games is not a good choice for you. You should find another real life activity that does not involve clicking.

Also, you stressed the clicking as if it was some MAJOR FIRST WORLD PROBLEM requiring immediate attention.
Play PC then. Ctrl+click does the job faster.
"Feeling very annoyed (and sore!)" -  if you feel super sore and mega annoyed because of a few clicks... Again, video games is not for you then.

Seriously,  how spoiled one must be..? ugh.

@TimmyTrashTier quote:

Hey Defenders,

Tuesday is your day.  Check the patch notes.

-TimmyTrashTier

I just saw this - feeling very happy about it, not that I should ever need to allocate that many points again.

And I do feel a bit silly that I missed the du reduction in the patch notes. I read through it multiple times and missed it every time. Doesn't explain the fact that the first map reduced in the last patch. Let's just say that bad days at work, large patch notes and video games don't really mix too well. I may have been a little hasty and way too frustrated when I posted this!!

@Seph quote:

@blue_hole_punch quote:

I get frustrated by just reading some threads and the silly things people complain about. But i'm starting to understand them a little now.

>proceeds to complain about having to press a button to add extra stats.
>complains about supposedly missing info in patch notes even tho all the info is there.

... The stupidest complain thread i've seen in a while. Each issue you pointed out contradicts to reality.
If you get health issues from pressing a single button several times, video games is not a good choice for you. You should find another real life activity that does not involve clicking.

Also, you stressed the clicking as if it was some MAJOR FIRST WORLD PROBLEM requiring immediate attention.
Play PC then. Ctrl+click does the job faster.
"Feeling very annoyed (and sore!)" -  if you feel super sore and mega annoyed because of a few clicks... Again, video games is not for you then.

Seriously,  how spoiled one must be..? ugh.

Unfortunately it seems the fact that I was being sarcastic didn't translate too well - not going to lie, it did hurt because after 15 years of jobs that require heavy keyboard use my wrists are very broken. But not that broken. I was being sarcastic to make a point that it seems a bit absurd that we have to press each time, that there's no bulk option as yet. 

And I'm sure that you're so 100% perfect that you've never missed a detail when reading something ;). Unfortunately I'm human, and I'm willing to admit that I'm an idiot in this situation.

[[149503,users]]
If you were sarcastic with all that, i apologize for misunderstanding;)

It does bug me a little when i have to click 50+ times to upgrade each of my items, but certainly not to that extent.

Well at least clicking alot is only an issue when they refund the points. I had a friend over when i did it and we laughed about it because i made a drum beat for it. Being stressed i could see how it was annoying and yeah it does work the tiny finger muscles (this isnt meant as a stab, i really mean that lol) more than one would like but thankfully its not a daily or weekly occurance xD 

And props for owning up to being human. I dont see that alot on forums so i just wanted to say that haha. I always recomend to people to try new updates when having a GOOD day or moment. If i had come home after a stressful day at work with no friend over Id have saved it for the next day xD just some advice, but i also kno sometimes ur just dying to play/check out whats new.

Not really a complaint but I do believe patch notes should be more precise and thorough.

It's still in alpha, and we're supposed to be testing stuff you change. Making us hunt down these cryptic messages just wastes time. Plus, they're patch notes. 

@Vagnar quote:

Not really a complaint but I do believe patch notes should be more precise and thorough.

It's still in alpha, and we're supposed to be testing stuff you change. Making us hunt down these cryptic messages just wastes time. Plus, they're patch notes. 

Idk I found them to be rather clear. What exactly did you have more questions about or felt the patch notes werent clear enough? 

If you talking about things like how they say DU was decreased but didnt state by how much and what maps then yeah I agree. 

Yeah, that's what I mean. If they gave more detail, we could know exactly what's new and hit it up and give feedback. Some maps would benefit from a DU reduction, while others it might be a bit too limiting etc. Having to go and check every map is something I likely won't do though. I'm sure even now I'm blissfully unaware of changes on maps I haven't done in a while.

@Vagnar quote:

Yeah, that's what I mean. If they gave more detail, we could know exactly what's new and hit it up and give feedback. Some maps would benefit from a DU reduction, while others it might be a bit too limiting etc. Having to go and check every map is something I likely won't do though. I'm sure even now I'm blissfully unaware of changes on maps I haven't done in a while.

Yeah I agree on that. Some maps are super easy while others your like "really? REALLY!?" When you see your out of DU xD