Thoughts and observations about the Mystic update

This update is AMAZING!!   Thanks Trendy <3

core_forum_Icon.pngThings I LOVEcore_forum_Icon.png

- the mystic's art, colors, and animations (especially the death animation)

- the new loading screens with the story

- the new main page with cinematic of maps

- New colored combat/build phase with cool fade

- the flow of the story and the levels

- saving the stats for level up every 5 levels

- loot progression

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

santa.pngloot on my play-through santa.png

I played through the campaign normal with my new mystic with no pet and an empty hero deck.

I did the whole campaign by hitting "next map" always had usable loot with the right stats.

I received my first legendary at level 40 when I completed nimbus Reach. (perfect timing)

got my second legend at the harbinger map.

this made getting a  legendary feel exciting to get, since I only got 2 during my campaign run to level 50.

VERY fun play through to level 50!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

squire_small.pngSuggestionssquire_small.png

- the snake flying around the mystic when her purple mana bar is very disorienting to me. maybe the snake could be    smaller? or maybe the snake could go around her once or twice when she fills her mana bar.

- add a way to bring the mouse on screen to be able to hover over the buff icons under health to see what they are.

-The Mystic's  feet look swollen :)    (she looks so awesome! but her man feet bother me)

-The new combat/build phase fonts are combat = green and build = blue.

my opinion would be to swap them, so combat is blue and build green to match the mana most heroes use for each.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ogre.pngTransition to endgame?ogre.png

I hit level 50 in the middle of my harbinger fight solo, empty deck with no pet

after the harbinger fight at level 50 my ipwr was 220.

I never used the wheel to upgrade any items.

when I arrived back to town I checked the table to start into hard mode, when I noticed the ipwr for NM1 gates was only 230 and since I was already at 220 I figured I would give it a shot. It wasn't hard at all to win and I got some great loot.

so my question is what is the incentive for players to do hard mode at all when they hit 50 after campaign normal? 

thanks again Trendy this update had to be a ton of work! 

it is so fun

I sign this 99% =).

Got new Snake girl mystic and played through with it on campaign. Absolut fun for sure! And all what he said above me too. Even the critique points!

That's good feedback and should go definitiv in the feedback topic. <3

I was first skeptical and not much hyped for the mystic to be honest. But after playing with her i found a total new love =)).

Yes The Journey Begins update is wonderful. The storyline for the campaign was magical to me. Wish it was longer. Anytime a new hero releases,I am going straight to the campaign and complete the entire thing.

The only thing with this update that kinda of gets my nerves,is can't delete heroes. (PS4) I'm just too picky when it comes to naming a hero.

I think there is too many items to pickup during campaign which floods the bags too quickly and the items are for kind of random IPWR (the range of IPWR for each map is too wide). It feels very confusing even for me being a veteran player but I can't imagine how a new player to any kind of RPGish game would feel.

Mystic is cool but she is quite niche at the same time, I am affraid some of her defenses are super broken (hello laser costing only 30 DU and being super powered). But cool update overall.

I've only managed to get 1/2 though the campaign on stream but from what I've played so far it's very smooth even on hard. Currently playing with a fresh solo mystic on campaign hard and I'm getting the appropriate upgrades to let me continue though by just hitting next map. 

The Mystic herself feel much more active compared to other heroes we've had, most likely due to the fact that you have to constantly keep collecting the purple orbs. I'll have a better opinion on her once she is max level and I've attempted NM4 with her. 

I'm not a fan of the soul-eating mechanic utilized by Mystic, at least in it's current form. I always end up with hundreds of souls all over the map, so I'm constantly maxed out without even trying.

Maybe rather than all enemies dropping souls on the ground, only enemies directly killed by the mystic should drop souls, with more dropped from powerful enemies, or from enemies killed by her abilities.

I agree with most of the things you said here, great feedback.

@Folly quote:

I'm not a fan of the soul-eating mechanic utilized by Mystic, at least in it's current form. I always end up with hundreds of souls all over the map, so I'm constantly maxed out without even trying.

Maybe rather than all enemies dropping souls on the ground, only enemies directly killed by the mystic should drop souls, with more dropped from powerful enemies, or from enemies killed by her abilities.

That would destroy any possibility of mystic builder.

When she dies to the damage taken from not appeasing the snake god the animation is really cool! It would be even more awesome if the piece of jewlery that drops at the end was an ouroboros!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros

@Dromidas quote:

@Folly quote:

Yeah... even running Onslaught earlier in later waves, trying to keep up her appeasement would have become completely hopeless. I could see a lot of Mystic users getting super annoyed at towers and other players ganking kills.

That said, flooding the map with more orbs might not be the way to go either. Possibly tweaking this somehow wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I'm mostly fine with it. 

@Vagnar quote:

@Dromidas quote:

@Folly quote:

Yeah... even running Onslaught earlier in later waves, trying to keep up her appeasement would have become completely hopeless. I could see a lot of Mystic users getting super annoyed at towers and other players ganking kills.

That said, flooding the map with more orbs might not be the way to go either. Possibly tweaking this somehow wouldn't be a terrible idea, but I'm mostly fine with it. 

When I suggested that only enemies killed by the mystic drop souls, I meant to imply that enemies killed or damaged by her towers drop souls as well. And this is just one idea, there are certainly many other ways the issue could be addressed.

But the current system gives Mystic a practically unlimited supply of souls, making the mechanic a non-factor; you could remove the souls and just let her always be empowered and able to cast spells for free and it would not change her play style at all.

I can't say I've had an overabundance of souls personally, but I tend to spam lash out and torment as it's dps so I'm usually somewhere between 50-90 it seems.