Sign in to follow this  
sissygirl277

Veteran Players get no 5k Medal love: Post here to let Trendy know how you feel.

sissygirl277 No worries, I understood what you meant.

Not to mention it's nice to see someone else voice their opinion and just being honest, instead of the constant "we love you Trendy and you can do no wrong" crap I keep reading on here. Especially when we have a ton of core issues yet to be addressed.

DD2 certainly isn't my favourite game out of the series, but the potential is there.

Don't get me wrong Trendy as devs can do amazing things, we have seen it before and we will no doubt see it again. However when they slip up or you know they are heading in the wrong direction it's good to let them know about it, just as long as you stay critical and not abusive they will for the most part listen.

I got to admit though and this is just being honest, sometimes it's alot easier being said than being done. I know I slip up with it at times. Not because I'm trying to be rude and wanting things to be my way, but more that I can see a train wreck incoming. 

Also in my experience the people that do voice their opinion are the ones who care most about the game and want it to succeed the most. 

Anyway cheers iamisom for at least explaining it a little better now. I feel if you guys communicated a little bit more about the idea in the first place people would of felt less jaded.

[[4370,users]] i feel like putting in an option like "start new campaign" with a smaller reward might be fun for veterans. Say 200-300 medals + a pet booster or something for a full clear of the campaign seems comparable to a bunch of NM4 farming and would be fun every once in a while.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

the constant "we love you Trendy and you can do no wrong" crap I keep reading on here.

It's official - KnowsNoLimits is absolutely delusional. If anything is a constant on these forums it's the endless whining, complaining, and entitlement, definitely not that Trendy can do no wrong.

I dropped another $100 on gems yesterday (that's $200 total plus EA game & collectors edition) - wouldn't hurt to dish out the goodies to those that splash that dollar yo!

Lest I direct all my cash at Summoners War: SA :P

nono this is how it works, Trendy doesn't care about the vets because they want "more/new players" hinc more money and more time spent playing the game, they see that vets they know are going to play the game regardless so they need to target all the new players, it's tatics who could blame them right?

and don't feed people buill*** like established players, and equality because both of those mean nothing, i've spent easily $500 on DD2 alone since pre-alpha, and 700+ hours but it doesn't matter because they're looking to satisfy the new players, so they continue playing, and spending money for required bags lol.

@Dabs 4 Life quote:

and don't feed people buill*** like established players, and equality because both of those mean nothing, i've spent easily $500 on DD2 alone since pre-alpha, and 700+ hours but it doesn't matter because they're looking to satisfy the new players, so they continue playing, and spending money for required bags lol.

Yea, but its medals not gems - free for them really, ofc some save 12k for new hero / wait the 2 weeks, but tisn't going to hurt the bottem line that much is it?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

the constant "we love you Trendy and you can do no wrong" crap I keep reading on here.

It's official - KnowsNoLimits is absolutely delusional. If anything is a constant on these forums it's the endless whining, complaining, and entitlement, definitely not that Trendy can do no wrong.

You know you have a serious problem with name calling.  You really should focus more on the topic rather than calling others names.  It's trolls like you that clutter online games and make them far less enjoyable.  

Yet again another Troll that just does not get the point of the post and sits under their bridge talking about whining, complaining, and entitlement....seriously I just shake my head at ppl like you.

Plus don't get me started on how Limits has 10x the posts you do on the forums and most likely has been around longer than you have and has a little more insight into what issues there are or are not there.  I think it's mostly that you are pissed that players think more like I do than you do.

All players time is valuable and if you are going to add something new to the game for all to experience then and I'll say it again all players should be rewarded.  The metrics of both sides captured new and old alike should be of value of how players are playing the game.  Retention, replay value, and trends in both directions should be of value.  Just my two cents.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I have noticed you like to start fights, you have done it with jojozityjo and here again with sissygirl277 and many others.I have no entitlement issues, the complaining you think I do isn't a recent development, it's seeing something not addressed in a an acceptable time frame. 

Also if people like me didn't crticize Trendy from time to time you would be stuck with the crappy Hero Deck we once had before. Thing is you focus on the negative, if you opened your eyes and crawled out from under the bridge you would also see that I do indeed praise Trendy as well when they have done a job well done.

If I'm making you cry when I post constructive criticism, well then I'm doing my job right. Now that I know that it personally effects you and is getting under your skin I will be sure to keep up the constructive criticism. 

Hell here's some just for you, because I know you love it.

Am I happy where I see this new end game going with keeping the multiple NM difficulties is a thing? hell no and I will continue to point out the flaws with it. The best part is I'm not the only one and it brought a smile to see other people absolutely disgusted with that idea and actually posting about it. 

Well done community on that one. However am I'm willing to see what else is in store in these supposed end game changes Trendy have instore for us? Of course as I'm curious of how much feedback they have listened to over the years. Time will tell.

sissygirl277 I have been around since the beginning of DD1, Trendy knows how I work. I'm not here to sugar coat things and I have always been alittle rough around the edges. However I know they appreciate it when I'm giving honest feedback. 

I have been through them with the good times of DD1 and the bad times with things like DD2's moba idea. My loyalty to this franchise should be unquestionable.

Anyway it's like I said before as long you are not abusive they will listen and take it into consideration. No matter if the feedback is positve or negative. Although abusive positive feedback? Now that would be interesting.

yes I sometimes wonder also. what in their head so their going. clearly they have done things. but what to do, they do not. There are further problems with back graphic times before and then again back or you kommplett fleigt from the game, or like today I noticed and I have asked the question? why I regard again kicked? then I noticed that all my chars resetet So mound without skill points, how is this possible ???? but on which it has already boldly with the brands. I play about 2 years eigendlich from the beginning, and have just 60 together.

Just remember: We're here to provide feedback for a game in development. Constructive criticism is not whining. You're going to see a lot of criticism, because that's why we're here. To help improve the game via feedback.

If we don't like something, they want us to say something about it, even if nothing comes from it.

There's nothing wrong with awarding new players. Especially when it's Just a small chunk of DM, that most of us can get EVERY weekend. If you don't want an unfair separation between new and established player bases, then you should support this idea instead of hating it.

Although, it would be cool if they raised maximum pet affection to 220 instead of just bugfixing it. That would surely pleased me as a veteran xD

Can't we just do a simple adjustment and give the vets a dragolich egg as a reward for getting through the campaign? Ones that have it will have another and ones that don't will have one. Happy all around. :) *ducks* *shows myself the door*

On a seriouser note, 5k medals would be, IMO a big deal for new players especially if the characters played are the newer ones and require those medals for spheres (don't particularly like that). But for vets..... I don't know I think it should be incentive to go through the campaign completely, properly with level 1s on deck. More data points/feedback as a result, no? I don't mean to say 5k medals for vets too, but something.

@sissygirl277 quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

You know you have a serious problem with name calling.  You really should focus more on the topic rather than calling others names.  It's trolls like you that clutter online games and make them far less enjoyable.  

Yet again another Troll that just does not get the point of the post and sits under their bridge talking about whining, complaining, and entitlement....seriously I just shake my head at ppl like you.

Plus don't get me started on how Limits has 10x the posts you do on the forums and most likely has been around longer than you have and has a little more insight into what issues there are or are not there.  I think it's mostly that you are pissed that players think more like I do than you do.

All players time is valuable and if you are going to add something new to the game for all to experience then and I'll say it again all players should be rewarded.  The metrics of both sides captured new and old alike should be of value of how players are playing the game.  Retention, replay value, and trends in both directions should be of value.  Just my two cents.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I have noticed you like to start fights, you have done it with jojozityjo and here again with sissygirl277 and many others.I have no entitlement issues, the complaining you think I do isn't a recent development, it's seeing something not addressed in a an acceptable time frame. 

Also if people like me didn't crticize Trendy from time to time you would be stuck with the crappy Hero Deck we once had before. Thing is you focus on the negative, if you opened your eyes and crawled out from under the bridge you would also see that I do indeed praise Trendy as well when they have done a job well done.

If I'm making you cry when I post constructive criticism, well then I'm doing my job right. Now that I know that it personally effects you and is getting under your skin I will be sure to keep up the constructive criticism. 

Hell here's some just for you, because I know you love it.

Am I happy where I see this new end game going with keeping the multiple NM difficulties is a thing? hell no and I will continue to point out the flaws with it. The best part is I'm not the only one and it brought a smile to see other people absolutely disgusted with that idea and actually posting about it. 

Well done community on that one. However am I'm willing to see what else is in store in these supposed end game changes Trendy have instore for us? Of course as I'm curious of how much feedback they have listened to over the years. Time will tell.

sissygirl277 I have been around since the beginning of DD1, Trendy knows how I work. I'm not here to sugar coat things and I have always been alittle rough around the edges. However I know they appreciate it when I'm giving honest feedback. 

I have been through them with the good times of DD1 and the bad times with things like DD2's moba idea. My loyalty to this franchise should be unquestionable.

Anyway it's like I said before as long you are not abusive they will listen and take it into consideration. No matter if the feedback is positve or negative. Although abusive positive feedback? Now that would be interesting.

Loyalty is a fickle thing, everyone breaks eventually, and some of us have been here just as long if not longer, instead of having a ***ing superiority complex try joining RPG or RQA, if not stfu, you want to know what real harsh criticism is? Join RPG and ask how legion was, I left for a reason but I don't go off on ***ing tangents like you do to the public. Make your points and make them clear, if they don't listen oh well boohoo. Personally do I think trendy devs have ***ed up yea I do, but it's their call and if they want to cater to new players more power to them. Anyways I won't be continuing replies in this thread as I rarely do so don't expect a response.

... What are you going on about? lol

This isn't a Campaign vs End Game thing. They absolutely needed to fix the Campaign. It was a mess, and it's where all of my friends bailed. I muscled through it because it was always about end game for me, but in my own circle, I am one of five that still play. It's obvious why they wanted to improve that first.

Now they're shifting to end game, finally, and now we can be ready to dissect it and get it where it needs to be.

legion160 LMAO god no.

Do you know how many testers I have spoke to through out the years and do you know how many of their ideas and input about bugs get ignored, because Trendy must meet a deadline or simply are too stubborn to listen?

Like you, many testers have left and some don't want anything to do with Trendy's testing.

This is nothing to do with a superiority complex. This is just stating facts.

So why don't you take your own advice and "stfu" and don't tell me to join something which is quite the horror story.

Hom-Sha-Bom - Entitled? You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58LpHBnvsI

After having a week of no dailies (and therefor losing out on medals that we would have otherwise received/earned for playing the game) I was hoping (although not expecting) that we would get the 5K medals for completing the campaign as existing players. But, alas, my hopes were not realized.

I am hoping for a "Hey! We're sorry about the medals gang. Let us make it up to you by doing xyz." from the devs. Expecting? No. Hoping ? Yes. Although we have 3x medal weekends currently, that still does not make up for the medals we would have gotten anyway from playing during the week.

iamisom Blacksmith [[3957,users]] - Thanks for the explanation on the 5k medals thing. But, what about the missed medals from the other's weeks bug? Any thoughts on the matter? Inquiring minds would like to know :-) Thanks!

@iamisom quote:

Thanks for the thread!

We discussed this internally before the release, and I apologize for not being more clear about our discussion before the update. Veteran players have had access to a 3X Medal Weekend every weekend since the first weekend of June. That's 17 weekends so far of 3X Medals. Players can earn 6,000 maximum medals in a weekend, which gave veteran players the potential to earn 102,000 medals from these events. 

3X Medal Weekends are meant to be an uncommon-to-rare event when the game fully releases, but we've had them every weekend since June as a thank you to our current players for being here while we continue to build the game up to its potential. (Enjoy them while they last. The every-weekend cadence is going away soon!) With the NM4 Molten Citadel Incursion giving out medals at the rate it currently does, veteran players can earn 5,000 medals this weekend around the same amount of time as the campaign completion, which is something new players cannot do as they most likely do not have the gear yet to do so.

The 5,000 campaign completion medals is an experiment we're doing to see how it affects new player retention. By giving them 5K medals, will they be more likely to stick around? We're checking the retention data we're gathering now with the data we have from before The Journey Begins update. By doing this now, we can have data in a relatively controlled environment -- nothing really changed with endgame in this update, so if retention is noticeably higher post-Campaign, we can contribute some of that success to giving out these medals. If retention isn't noticeably higher, then giving out 5K medals doesn't really help us, and we'll most likely reduce the amount or remove the initiative altogether.

That farming rate only applies to players that have time on the weekend to play. The new setup awards more medals to the grinders (with nothing to do on weekends) and less to everyone else (who work or have other things they like to actually do on the weekend) - (your daily roller-coaster that gave a new every 8 hours worked better than grind pallooza which based on reality has a much lower payout in medals for people with lives). And you don't "remove or reduce an initiative" unless it breaks something, those medals would be essentially putting new players closer to their next hero or giving them at least 1 uber sphere. The other point of your initiative was also to get "old players to play the campaign and check it out". The motivation being getting some more medals and some free gems not as a initiative but as a standard reward for all players who complete the new campaign. How does 'not' giving old players a reward for playing through the story increase retention? The patch was essentially 'one new character to grind' for old players and 'an entire new thing to play with and get rewards' for new players.  Your trying to retain new and old players at the same time, not just hold new players after they start playing. Why discourage old players from playing the campaign for no reward other than to see your new story? Some players like myself wanted to play the campaign with a new hero from zero and see how to rolls. You just shot the motivation for that out the window. It was something new to do aside from grinding every weekend (daily every 8hr > time waste 3x medals grind). Please reconsider. 

I spent my "reward" on my old characters. I was going to play through the campaign with a new character (or several). But now I feel dis-incentivized (punished would be another word). I probably won't buy the characters now, and will go play a different game instead. Somehow I suspect that this reality is not aligning with the expectations of the folks at Trendy.

@iamisom quote:

Thanks for the thread!

We discussed this internally before the release, and I apologize for not being more clear about our discussion before the update. Veteran players have had access to a 3X Medal Weekend every weekend since the first weekend of June. That's 17 weekends so far of 3X Medals. Players can earn 6,000 maximum medals in a weekend, which gave veteran players the potential to earn 102,000 medals from these events. 

3X Medal Weekends are meant to be an uncommon-to-rare event when the game fully releases, but we've had them every weekend since June as a thank you to our current players for being here while we continue to build the game up to its potential. (Enjoy them while they last. The every-weekend cadence is going away soon!) With the NM4 Molten Citadel Incursion giving out medals at the rate it currently does, veteran players can earn 5,000 medals this weekend around the same amount of time as the campaign completion, which is something new players cannot do as they most likely do not have the gear yet to do so.

The 5,000 campaign completion medals is an experiment we're doing to see how it affects new player retention. By giving them 5K medals, will they be more likely to stick around? We're checking the retention data we're gathering now with the data we have from before The Journey Begins update. By doing this now, we can have data in a relatively controlled environment -- nothing really changed with endgame in this update, so if retention is noticeably higher post-Campaign, we can contribute some of that success to giving out these medals. If retention isn't noticeably higher, then giving out 5K medals doesn't really help us, and we'll most likely reduce the amount or remove the initiative altogether.

Hey folks. The feedback and criticism here is important, but please refrain from including any remarks about other players. Going down that road severely distracts from the point at hand and I feel you guys really deserve to be heard and I don't want to see anything get in the way or to distract from that.

I have no problem with not receiving medals, I am not interested in playing out of control overpowered heroes and therefore all I really spend my medals on is pet/item upgrades and when I finally cap my medals out I by a new hero that I gear up a bit but then never play. /facepalm.

@Zimmermann quote:

I have no problem with not receiving medals, I am not interested in playing out of control overpowered heroes and therefore all I really spend my medals on is pet/item upgrades and when I finally cap my medals out I by a new hero that I gear up a bit but then never play. /facepalm.

You know the new heroes all have "bad" towers that you could add to your setups for more fun and variety.

You could try reflect beams or weapons manufacturer, ramsters, oil geysers, snaking sands etc.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

legion160 LMAO god no.

Do you know how many testers I have spoke to through out the years and do you know how many of their ideas and input about bugs get ignored, because Trendy must meet a deadline or simply are too stubborn to listen?

Like you, many testers have left and some don't want anything to do with Trendy's testing.

This is nothing to do with a superiority complex. This is just stating facts.

So why don't you take your own advice and "stfu" and don't tell me to join something which is quite the horror story.

Do you know how many testers I've spoken to? All of them. It's entirely unfair to make statements such as "many of their ideas and input about bugs get ignored because Trendy must meet a deadline" and Trendy is "too stubborn to listen".

Over the past four years, the community has worked with Trendy very closely on the beta team, RQA, RPG, Defence Council and CDT. In fact, I can't name many or even any (at this moment) game developer with as many, successful direct community initiatives as we have done - working on all of the DLC release from the original Dungeon Defenders, the unreleased MOBA (hundreds of community hours and feedback went into this despite the cancellation), DDE (where the RQA had a very close collaborative relationship with Trendy) and for years working on DD2 and recently handing future development of the entire original DD1 game into the community's hands),

I can proudly testify to the amazing work, ideas and time that the community has put into our games. 

Now across all the work we do and have done, it's pretty understandable we cannot incorporate every idea - whether its every idea from the studio or the community. We do pick, choose and prioritise. Even with that, every idea is heard and considered. Every piece of feedback is read. Deadlines are important for any business or project, and we do always strive to hit ours. Some ideas don't make a deadline or milestone, so some times we push them back. Sometimes the scope changes, and features or changes get postponed or stalled. 

Most players don't get an insight into the development process, but the majority of testers and community folks that help out - they do. Behind our NDA curtain, we let folks see the cogs and gears turn and grind away. Some folks gain a better understanding of the processes involved, and some don't. Some community teams work closer with the development team than others, so not everyone gains the same perspective. 

Many folks have come and gone from our community teams. Many reasons. Folks lose free time with their jobs and educations, some folks get burnt out, some folks just don't agree with how things are done. That's just life. I've welcome many folks back after extended breaks, I've seen folks stay for a few days and disappear forever and I have some folks that have been on the community team even longer than me!

Some of the community folks I recognise and I know by name. Some others I consider to be good, solid friends. Some even don't like me and think I'm an overly-rotund angry potato. And yes, some folks don't like DD2 anymore or have issues with the game as development progresses or have fundamental differences with how we prioritise content or the specific designs of our content. I've welcomed everyone, and I've never shunned away folks that disagree. I welcome any and all fair criticism and I encourage it, and have encouraged it with every single community effort that I've a part of.

Has Trendy made mistakes? Yup, more than we'd like to admit, I'm sure. And has there been decisions and suggestions we should have followed and didn't? Yup, hindsight is pretty good at pointing them out.

Community testing has had a real, measurable impact on all of our games - especially DD2. Every patch and milestone. No exceptions. We've even pushed and changed our deadlines and schedules, on multiple occasions, in direct response to community testing and feedback.

We have made changes based on specific community input. We do it all the time. We make these changes in almost every release. We've implemented community ideas and suggestions. We've made choices and decisions that maybe weren't the best, and regretted not listening to criticism and feedback earlier. The folks that work at Trendy as just regular (very smart and talented!) folks, not perfect by any means. Nobody likes to admit they got something wrong, but folks that watch the dev streams and read the dev blog know that we've been pretty open with things we get wrong as well as right.

Community testing is not a horror story by any stretch. To even make that claim is absurd. it fails to recognise the immense impact folks from the community have had in DD2 and other games here. Folks are free to join up and help out and see for themselves - no amount of second hand information from former testers (they should remember they are breaking NDA by discussing any testing at all) is going to give you a correct picture.

@Pegazul quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

You know the new heroes all have "bad" towers that you could add to your setups for more fun and variety.

You could try reflect beams or weapons manufacturer, ramsters, oil geysers, snaking sands etc.

I played about with ramsters but they were to expensive and the steam powered sphere + LA's were not very effective, so not worht it.

I have EV2, but I cba to level her at the moment, not bought the others yet.

@Dani quote:

Give me an honest answer here. Why is the balance so bad?

Who thought that PDT should spread its entire damage across the entire lane? Its like having 10 PDTs instead of 1. I understand small things or bugs. But things like the AL archers. Instead of the normal 3-5% dmg passive they had a 10% passive. Of course they where going to be 2x stronger than any other tower.

From the dev streams they keep saying your in charge of balance. Are you just not paying attention? Or are you so busy with other projects that you cant spend the time to adjust the values ? I'm not trying to be salty here i really just want to understand how some of these things end up in the game and why most of the towers are still very unbalanced.