Veteran Players get no 5k Medal love: Post here to let Trendy know how you feel.

Seriously Trendy?  I am a player who has been a huge loyal fan of yours and I've supported the dev team in well excess of $1000 since the very first alpha, buying the game for myself and 5 others and purchasing packs, skins, etc....all with the intent on supporting one of my favorite games.

But really not being clear in the dev stream or here about how the 5k Medals were for NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY seriously is crap.

I just wasted the better part of my day, again supporting you and buying Gems to get the new hero and then playing the campaign from level 1 to 50 all the way through only to see 5 medals per map MAX and at the end of it all no 5k Medals at all.

The policy to keep punishing people who support you is really getting old.  If someone takes the time to play through something that was supposed to be this great new experience then they should be rewarded regardless of if they are new accounts or not.  Shame on you for punishing those who support you.  

The ridiculous part of it is that this isn't like giving GEMS away...it's not premium currency so you could give it to all those willing to spend time...and in my case money supporting what was once a wonderful game but lately it feels much more like just another free to play cash grab.  

Seriously Disappointed,

Sissygirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was known a month back, they mentioned they were going to look into giving established players something as well. I guesss not.

It was common sense to support both your player bases, but meh.

I too bought the game and for others as well initially. I also bought 3 versions for myself to support Trendy, because DD1 was so amazing and I wanted this game to succeed. So I can relate.

This is just another reason why I could care less about the campaign revamp. Thankfully we have the Mystic.

They were never clear in communicating recently on if it was or was not.  It's sad too because I as well have supported the game from the beginning and now feel like those who supported Trendy the longest are getting the shaft.

Can't believe they want to segment their base so much and only reward those who will most likely just finish the campaign to never play again....seriously a sad day.

Do veteran players really need 5k extra medals? I for sure don't feel like I do and I don't have everything unlocked yet. This is a bonus to new players who are just starting out and could use these medals for spheres or a good boost for a new hero. 

@Bone Thrack quote:

Do veteran players really need 5k extra medals? I for sure don't feel like I do and I don't have everything unlocked yet. This is a bonus to new players who are just starting out and could use these medals for spheres or a good boost for a new hero. 

This is what I was thinking too.  I had 12k long before the Mystic came out and I only logged in occasionally to do some dailies since the lavamancer came out.  It's been (I think) 2 weeks since I've done a daily.  Although it was weird to log in and have 0 dailies today. 

I supported trendy too, lol but i don't care much for these 5k medals =). I rather have an enjoyable game and thats what they work for. Sure something on top is always nice but not a must for me at last.

$1000? Holy moly you are rich dude.

really? the veteran players dont get the 5k medals? that's a big let down. Im not gonna stop playing the game and im still glad there is new stuff and better gameplay, but, come on, the 5k medals woulda been nice to give to everyone. Coulda used those medals for more hero slots or get all the mystics spheres or pet afection boosters or such :/

@Jojozityjo quote:

really? the veteran players dont get the 5k medals? that's a big let down. Im not gonna stop playing the game and im still glad there is new stuff and better gameplay, but, come on, the 5k medals woulda been nice to give to everyone. Coulda used those medals for more hero slots or get all the mystics spheres or pet afection boosters or such :/

That is all I'm trying to say.  I can not see how they are just trying to pull players in who most likely will still be gone in a few weeks.  The players that continue to play and stay and support the game should be rewarded as well.  5K Medals isn't something that is that big of a deal...is what I see ppl posting here....ok then why then don't they give it to their player base who was been here the longest as well.

I'm not asking for something I didn't earn.  I created a new character, actually purchased the gems for the Mystic to support her thinking they were going to do the 5k Medals.  They never once stated that it would not be for all players.  There was no clarification either way.  So I got the hero, played through the entire campaign and then got nothing...nada...so what is different from me doing the entire campaign vs someone with a new account?  NONE...so why then don't we get to enjoy the same benefit.  I did the campaign as a new level 1 hero and I only used the mystic the entire way through as well, no hero deck swapping to make anything easier etc...

It's just complete bunk that the treat their true supporters this way.

@sissygirl277 quote:

Seriously Trendy?  I am a player who has been a huge loyal fan of yours and I've supported the dev team in well excess of $1000 since the very first alpha, buying the game for myself and 5 others and purchasing packs, skins, etc....all with the intent on supporting one of my favorite games.

But really not being clear in the dev stream or here about how the 5k Medals were for NEW ACCOUNTS ONLY seriously is crap.

Calm your tits little miss entitled. Whatever dollar amount you spent on this game, you got exactly every thing that you paid for. You have NOTHING to complain about.

sissygirl277 See I knew from the dev stream that we weren't getting 5k medals and was thinking ok that's fine since they mentioned they are looking into to giving established players something. So that's pretty cool of them.

How hard is it to go "Here's a little bonus to our established players as a thankyou for sticking with us" ?

I should of made a thread about it along time ago, since it looks like alot of people don't watch the dev stream because of timezone differences and real life commitments. Just so more people would of been aware.

I think your complaint is valid though. It obviously was never going to be the 5k medals for existing players, but it should of been something. Just to show some appreciation.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@sissygirl277 quote:

Calm your tits little miss entitled. Whatever dollar amount you spent on this game, you got exactly every thing that you paid for. You have NOTHING to complain about.

I wonder how you report a post.  Funny how you think it's ok to start name calling when I was simply making a statement.  I'll look into how to report you all the same.  Feel free to post your opinion if it's opposite of mine but name calling or trolling because you don't agree with what I have to say is completely unnecessary. Consider yourself reported.

I didn't know about this tbh, but yeah, it shouldn't matter how long you've played. Your first full run through the new campaign should be equally rewarding to newbies and vets alike. 

I guess they were too busy butchering DU costs to remember to do this :P

I was extremly disappointing to see that too, and personally I do need the 5k medals VERY badly. (lot of ubers and spheres left to buy).

And for example my brother who barely played the game but reached 50 won't have the 5k while he is more or less at the same stage at someone who has not beat the campaign once, that's unfair and dumb and will discourage him to play the game more.

I spent way over 2k on the game so far for more than 10 friends. So if I say Trendy shouldn't care about this my statement is more valuable. Case closed. Thread ready to be closed. 

Guys you are missing the point. It's not about how much money you spent, it's about being an established player and actually enjoy the game enough to support Trendy. A player who sticks with them in the long run even if they don't spend a cent, because they just enjoy the game. Which is the point sissygirl227 was trying to bring across and I think it's a valid complaint.

I stand by what I said, everyone should of received something with this new Campaign update.

It isn't entitlement in anyway, it's just fair.

After all Trendy keep on saying they consider all their players equal. Again actions speak louder than words.

5k medal boost for new players Is a good idea, can't say it makes any difference to me having or not having them.

I normally have between 9 and 12k medals anyway, I buy my heroes to support Trendy so always have medals to spare for spheres and boosters.

A real non-issue IMHO.

@sissygirl277 quote:

I just wasted the better part of my day, again supporting you and buying Gems to get the new hero and then playing the campaign from level 1 to 50 all the way through only to see 5 medals per map MAX and at the end of it all no 5k Medals at all.

The policy to keep punishing people who support you is really getting old.  If someone takes the time to play through something that was supposed to be this great new experience then they should be rewarded regardless of if they are new accounts or not.  Shame on you for punishing those who support you.  

The ridiculous part of it is that this isn't like giving GEMS away...it's not premium currency so you could give it to all those willing to spend time...and in my case money supporting what was once a wonderful game but lately it feels much more like just another free to play cash grab.  

Seriously Disappointed in Trendy,

Sissygirl

Hi, I don't understand why you play campaign if you have all your heroes at lvl 50 for exp. 1 week quest and q days quest give you min 2700 medals per week, so for month you can get free  new hero what you need/

Yes game have bugs but see for tf2 or another games they have a lot bugs and and valve monsters dont do nothing,

DD 2 fair and good game where you can get everything without spending any money.

Thanks/

P.S. I also support this team and don't got  things from their stream because it random.

my respect for the team and the community.

@Bone Thrack quote:

I dont really mind about them its that theres no motivation to try out the new campaign for us "veterans"

It would of helped players returning I honestly want to get back into the game but I mean lets face it it's a TD game which for most people require something on the side to watch outside of actual hard difficulties which imo is nightmare 1-4. I have no motivation to pick up the game but I always have it downloaded and that 5k I heard for the revamp got me interested but it looks like I won't be able to put it in my weekly/daily games to play. I would recommend the game to friends [again] but they would want me to actually play and I'm not beat to go through the boring campaign or make the game more boring for them as I would want to do it faster. Since I get nothing for starting someone new and going through the campaign there's really no point in attempting it. Unless they have something else to compensate for the denial of a nice boost for anyone returning or for people who have kept playing I can only see this as pulling others away from either returning or to keep playing the game outside of new content patches let alone support it.

Thanks for the thread!

We discussed this internally before the release, and I apologize for not being more clear about our discussion before the update. Veteran players have had access to a 3X Medal Weekend every weekend since the first weekend of June. That's 17 weekends so far of 3X Medals. Players can earn 6,000 maximum medals in a weekend, which gave veteran players the potential to earn 102,000 medals from these events. 

3X Medal Weekends are meant to be an uncommon-to-rare event when the game fully releases, but we've had them every weekend since June as a thank you to our current players for being here while we continue to build the game up to its potential. (Enjoy them while they last. The every-weekend cadence is going away soon!) With the NM4 Molten Citadel Incursion giving out medals at the rate it currently does, veteran players can earn 5,000 medals this weekend around the same amount of time as the campaign completion, which is something new players cannot do as they most likely do not have the gear yet to do so.

The 5,000 campaign completion medals is an experiment we're doing to see how it affects new player retention. By giving them 5K medals, will they be more likely to stick around? We're checking the retention data we're gathering now with the data we have from before The Journey Begins update. By doing this now, we can have data in a relatively controlled environment -- nothing really changed with endgame in this update, so if retention is noticeably higher post-Campaign, we can contribute some of that success to giving out these medals. If retention isn't noticeably higher, then giving out 5K medals doesn't really help us, and we'll most likely reduce the amount or remove the initiative altogether.

@iamisom quote:

Thanks for the thread!

We talked about this internally before making this decision. Veteran players have had access to a 3X Medal Weekend every weekend since the first weekend of June. That's 17 weekends so far of 3X Medals. Players can earn 6,000 maximum medals in a weekend, which gave veteran players the potential to earn 102,000 medals from these events. 3X Medal Weekends are meant to be an uncommon-to-rare event when the game fully releases, but we've had them every weekend since June as a thank you to our current players for being here while we continue to build the game up to its potential. (Enjoy them while they last. The every-weekend cadence is going away soon!) With the NM4 Molten Citadel Incursion giving out medals at the rate it currently does, veteran players can earn 5,000 medals this weekend around the same amount of time as the campaign completion, which is something new players cannot do as they most likely do not have the gear yet to do so.

The 5,000 campaign completion medals is an experiment we're doing to see how it affects new player retention. By giving them 5K medals, will they be more likely to stick around? We're checking the retention data we're gathering now with the data we have from before The Journey Begins update. By doing this now, we can have data in relatively controlled environment -- nothing really changed with endgame in this update, so if retention is noticeably higher post-Campaign, we can contribute some of that success to giving out these medals. If retention isn't noticeably higher, then giving out 5K medals doesn't really help us, and we'll most likely reduce the amount or remove the initiative altogether.

Thanks for the reply Isom.  I just wish communication like this would have been more clear up front.   If  something could have been posted for those who didn't catch a specific dev stream or wasn't clear on the whole medal Initiative it would have been nice.  

When you put things like you did in your post it helps make more sense to me as a player and I now have a better understanding of things.  I still think having veteran players play through something that was intended to be a re-vamp and give a new experience should be rewarded just as a new player would be.  It makes us want to stay engaged in the game and experience the new direction and want to see the new ideas the dev team has.  Honestly 5k Medals as you said in the grander scheme of things won't matter much really anyway...but the other side of that argument can be if it really isn't that big of a deal then why not reward all players the same?  Not just those who are new?  Wouldn't it be good to also capture the metric of how many veteran players go through the campaign too?  I mean that show's the retention of experienced players wanting to see or experience the dev teams vision. 

I think that's an important metric as well.  I absolutely love the game.  It's by far my favorite and have have invested a lot of time and money in supporting Trendy and DD2...and no I don't feel entitled in any way regardless of the troll posts here, but I do hope that Trendy values the honest and even if critical feedback of those players who do support them.  Your post does show that you guys are listening and I wanted to say Thank you again for the reply.  I probably could have been a little more less critical in my initial response but it was a big let down to play most of the day to not see or feel accomplished by completing the new campaign.

However the new campaign does feel much more cohesive and the leveling was much better.  It gave a much better sense of accomplishment in seeing the progression of the character instead of just grinding Harbinger for hours to hit 50 as fast as possible.

I'll continue to support Trendy in probably anything you guys do.  I'm most certainly a fan of yours even if my feedback can be a bit on the harsh side at times.

I still find it funny that I physically asked the question on the stream and was told that you would get it but only with a new character so like the OP I brought the mystic and went through the campaign. I cant remember which mod answered (not that it matters) so thanks for the info regardless of the bad news.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Guys you are missing the point. It's not about how much money you spent, it's about being an established player and actually enjoy the game enough to support Trendy. A player who sticks with them in the long run even if they don't spend a cent, because they just enjoy the game. Which is the point sissygirl227 was trying to bring across and I think it's a valid complaint.

I stand by what I said, everyone should of received something with this new Campaign update.

It isn't entitlement in anyway, it's just fair.

After all Trendy keep on saying they consider all their players equal. Again actions speak louder than words.

Thank you KnowsNoLimits for understanding the point behind my post.  It wasn't to go oh look at me and look at what I've spent on this game or anything of that nature...anyone can just go tossing numbers around and who really knows if they are real anyway.  The point was exactly as you put it.  Why shouldn't we all as players be rewarded for time spent experiencing something new the development team wanted to put right.  It's a new experience for everyone not just a new player and I think capturing the metrics around not only does it retain players but does it impact those veteran players to have them re-engage in the game.

I buy heroes with Gems to support Trendy.  I don't do it because I have to..I do it because I want to.  I love the DD series and have spent well in excess of 3000 hours in all the different games and so when I speak critical of things it's not to be mean or to bash the team.  It's simply an opinion of the way I've seen things from my side.  I don't force my opinion on anyone or call people names because they don't agree with me, but I will and still do have an opinion and so that is why I posted what I did.

Thanks for getting it Limits.  It's nice to see someone who does.  Also I have no idea why my Title here doesn't show Defense council on it.  I was in on the first alpha and bought the combo $70 package when they offered players the opportunity to be on the defense council.  I blame my boyfriend because I think he registered all the code packages to his forum account.  Lol.

I edited the thread title to be a little less critical of things.  5k medals to me isn't a ton of medals but it's at least some type of reward for all players time.

New players might use the medal boost to help get that next hero they want.  Me personally as a more seasoned player would use the medals to help max my gear for the next progression of end game content and difficulty.

So maybe as a take away Trendy can use some of this feedback to come up with an idea to reward those who are sticking around and continuing to support a game they love and enjoy.