Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

Updating Accessory Drop Locations

[[98289,users]] quote:

frogot about marrago survival. 

Uhhh, no?

[[70526,users]] Mamba quote:

...and on QFTLES Maps(but the drop chance is significantly lower on these)...

QFTLES contains Moraggo(+Survival). Adept.png

by the way i was responding to your comment on the only maps worth farming is lab assult and maybe aki. the only map i farm lately is marrago and it is the only reason i log into this game anymore. other than wasting time and talking to friends.

@Black Mamba quote:

mayhem_zero quote:
As far as the level of effort in farming LA versus other maps, most maps AFAIK are farmed mostly AFK anyhow, so no real difference there. And I'm not understanding what fairness has to do with DD, so what if someone else can get the same item from another map?

Do tell me how you can AFK these maps, of course AFK means -- you just build entirely in the 1st and 2nd waves, then leave the game as it is, come back 30-35mins later and you have got your stuff without moving your characters an inch.
So on that basis do tell which of these maps are AFK-able -- GTH2, Akaititi, WW, ToL, CD, Palantir.
You are comparing maps that can be steamrolled with high stats(something which most people don't have, yet) versus (ZERO)effort required in Lab Assault. ROFLMFAO. Dude... just stop it already, my guts can't take this anymore, seriously... I mean... do you really think that is a fair comparison? Good God.
I have a feeling that you are a closet Lab Runner and you're totally upset that you will no longer be able to farm top-end accessories from Lab Assault without putting in any effort whatsoever. Tough luck, buddy, it was due.

And if there is no need for fairness/exclusivity, why is there any need for any map other than Lab Assault? Let's just have ToL, GTH2, WW, Palantir removed from the game, becasue the stuff which should be exclusive to these maps already drops on Lab Assault with the exception of Coals & Christmas Weapons. Fairness has got absolutely everything to do with DD, it brings in diversity, something which you are absolutely failing to understand, for some reason.

And I don't know what was your thought process before making this suggestion, but it sounds like an absolutely ridiculous and silly argument that you want Obsidians(and other weapons/items) to drop on all maps once they are unlocked! @#MegaFacepalm. It's not even worth telling you why its a silly argument.
I'm done with you man! I can't debate/argue anymore with your silly points, sorry but that's just too much fluff to handle!
Have a good one. Thanks for your time though.

I never said the maps are farmed AFK, I said "mostly" AFK. Do you not read posts thoroughly? Regardless, LA cannot be done AFK.

I also stated in my first post in this thread that I dislike LA. Why would you say I'm a lab runner??

If you can't see the benefit of having items drop in different maps that's unfortunate.

@all

For anyone who thinks we are talking about a "nerf" of Lab Assault, no we don't really do. All what is asked for in this thread is to remove some accessories which were originally introduced on other maps as reward. We are not discussing about accessories which were randomly dropping on any survival.

Back in the days, before Tinkerer's Lab Mission Pack has been released, the community requested to buff accessories to be in line with past ToL/GTH²/WW accessories. For some reasons Lab Assault's loot table was containing all accessories, with a buff across the board. Making past high-end accessories from ToL/GTH²/WW even better and still superior to all others while the goal was to buff random core drops accessories.

Removing previous map exclusive accessories will not actually nerf Lab Assault but hopefully adds some reasons to play other maps than Lab Assault. Remaining Lab Assault accessories are still quite good and numerous.

@mayhem_zero quote:

If you can't see the benefit of having items drop in different maps that's unfortunate.

The point of this thread is to have more maps to be played, currently everything but weapons (talking about high-end weapons) are rewarded in Lab Assault. This cuts the game to Lab Assault only, a big mistake in first place.

• Highest-end U++ builder pets
  • High-end Dragon DPS pet
  • High-end U/+/++ armor
  • Highest-end accessories
  • Mid-tier builder weapons

All you have to run these days is Lab Assault to beat the game. You cannot call 'making some accessories map-exclusive again' an actual nerf to Lab Assault while it still contains numerous high-end accessories. To my believe it was a huge mistake to make a single map rewarding everything. You cut the game to this single map, regardless of the difficulty... in the worst case it is so hard that you encourage hacking.

I would like if all users would stop to discuss about LA progression in this thread. LA progression is not even touched with the suggested changes here...

@mayhem_zero quote:

Much as I dislike LA, I dislike the holiday maps just as much, so I'd rather nothing be changed at all. At least this way I only have to do one hated challenge to get accessories. If you enjoy the holiday maps, go ahead and play them then and more power to you. Any changes to LA should have been done shortly after release, at this point it should be left alone.

I don't feel that there should be some kind of hard time based cutoff on being able to make changes that would improve the game (particularly if much of the community actually seems to support the change.

In the grand scheme of things, this is a pretty minor change and lab will pretty much still be the go-to quick upgrade path for people. However, pepole wanting very specific items will now have more reason to play different parts of the game: There are tons of levels in this game, and I truly feel it's a darned shame that hardcore players pretty much just spam one map in their quest for ultimate power.

Ask yourself: is only really having one map worth playing for endgamers really a good idea? Even with us releasing new maps, it is difficult to equal or surpass LA.

The only reason we are discussing this is due to your post about making the holiday maps great again. How is taking accs from another map going to make those maps great again, exactly? You either enjoy them or you don't. Not sure why you are so insistent on this change which will have no bearing on the maps you apparently no longer think are great.

The trouble is that even if you love certain maps more than others, its hard to justify playing them if they do not contribute to progression or cosmetics or even collecting every distinct item type.

@EagleOne quote:

Removing previous map exclusive accessories will not actually nerf Lab Assault but hopefully adds some reasons to play other maps than Lab Assault. Remaining Lab Assault accessories are still quite good and numerous.

The accessories being removed were in Lab from its release. This is, by definition, a nerf to Lab Assault. (Not that I am opposed to this)

@Caimen0 quote:

@EagleOne quote:

The accessories being removed were in Lab from its release. This is, by definition, a nerf to Lab Assault. (Not that I am opposed to this)

If you are a penny pincher... yes it's a "nerf". I do know what a nerf means BUT considering the endless other good items and still remaining accessories, you can't call yourself serious when you are debating about this little content of a map which offers so much more than currently discussed items. It's not like we are discussing about the half loot table, I doubt it's even 5% of the loot table.

In addition you would have to be in luck when farming a specific one since RNG. Therefore it is even better to have an accessory map-exclusive ;)

I'm really not sure what the issue is. I wasn't making an argument either way on the subject with that comment, I was just pointing out a small mistake. A "nerf" is reducing the effectiveness of the object (map, character, item, etc.) being affected. It's not "penny pinching', its semantics, which are important to make sure everybody know what you are talking about. If you use a term differently than everyone else, it causes confusion. I'm making sure everyone is on the same page.

I'd call this more of a re-balance than a nerf, yes in the end both are same terms, but perception matters.
Say -- 8/10 times one an get away by saying "We are re-balancing XYZ item since it is game-breaking".
But, the moment you say "We are nerfing XYZ item since it is game-breaking" puts in a totally different perception.
While ideally we all know that both phrases are used in the same context and mean pretty much the same thing; but in the gaming communities "nerf" is looked upon as such a negative word that you'd almost get crucified by the gamers should you "nerf" a popular item/map/level/ability/whatever. "Re-balancing" however lets you get away easily without much outrage in most cases.

Either way, lets not argue about frivolous "terminologies" and "semantics" since we are all on the same side.
Thanks.

I haven't read it as an argument. Just pointed out it would be penny pinching calling this a nerf when actually nothing changed other then removing some diversity of cosmetics... lab still offers a lot of accessories with high stats... hence penny pinching when anyone is upset about it...

Thank you everyone for your input! I believe we have adequate enough support from the community to move forward with this. I will be discussing it with the rest of the CDT today on how to best execute and where we can fit it into our timeline.

@mkjo quote:

Come on. Call a nerf a nerf
Possibly the first nerf I have ever liked though

Nerf, re-balance... its the same thing! I like using re-balance because some people have a tendency to look at good changes labeled as nerfs with a bit of skepticism. But like I said, not the point to be arguing over! :D

I have one minor concern -- this is regarding CD Accessories.
As we all know CD is a fun map and all, that's fine, however it only drops 1 Wep & 1 Acc regardless of however many chars you bring in.
Now as far as the 1 weapon drop is concerned, I agree that since Eternian weapons are top-end, it makes sense to have them somewhat limited and rare and it makes CD fun, in a way. However, I believe we should have 1 accessory should drop for each extra character you bring in, so there's at least some incentive to play the Old One fight with higher Old One HP, apart from pure bragging rights!

So in summary this will how it'll play out:

• CD Weapons are untouched, no matter how many chars you bring in you'll get 1 wep only based on the primary character's class.
  • But, if you bring in N extra chars, then you receive N+1 total accessories, i.e. accessories can drop for all chars. unlike weapons
  • Eg. 2 accs for 1 extra char, 3 for 2 extra chars and finally 4 accs for 3 extra chars.