Sign in to follow this  
gigazelle

Updating Accessory Drop Locations

Hi everyone!

Due to the discussion that was started in this thread, there appears to be a solid amount of support to make accessories drop specific to the maps they were introduced to. This is what it would boil down to:

The following accessories would be removed from Lab Assault:

• All Annatar accessories (brooch, mask, bracers, shield)
  • All Thanksgiving accessories (cornucopia brooch, headdress, turkey mask, gobbler shield)
  • All Christmas accessories (santa hat and santa beard)
  • All Crystalline accessories (brooch, mask, bracers, shield)
  • All Valentine accessories (top hat and bow)

The following list is what would happen to them. Note that all of the following maps already had their post-map accessory stats buffed to similar numbers as Lab Assault with Update 2:

• Annatar accessories drop on Palintir.
  • Valentine accessories drop on Temple o' Love.
  • Thanksgiving accessories drop on Greater Turkey Hunt.
  • Crystalline accessories drop on Crystalline Dimension.
  • Christmas accessories drop on Winter Wonderland and Silent Night.

This is what the changes would allow us to do more effectively:

• Introduce new accessories that complete accessory sets. We want to introduce these new accessories to their rightful maps where they belong. We don't want to introduce complementary accessories on disparate maps, and we have no intention to introduce new accessories to Lab Assault.
  • Encourage more diverse late-game play. If you want to look stylish, standing on the edge of a conveyor belt shooting eye-bleeding bursts of energy as a Jester would not be the most efficient way to do it.
  • Allow players to farm for viable accessories they want, as opposed to the random chance of everything that LA rewards.

Note that this does NOT touch Lab Assault armor, pets, or weapons. Those rewards would remain exactly as they are right now.

What are your thoughts to the above proposal? If you are in favor, please share your support in why you think it would make a positive impact on the game. If you are against this proposal, please share your reasoning in why you think it would detract from the game.

Go for it... map-exclusive accs are a great chance to drive some people away from Lab Assault. Even better if these accs are stat-wise equally or better to LA.

What I would like to see anyways; Playing on NMHC rewards very often cursed/godly accessories with very huge negatives. I suggest to lower the rate of godly and below quality accessories for these maps. I'm not asking for guaranteed mythical accessories with minimal stats but a lower rate of cursed/godly would be awesome... Taking into account the playtime of lab assault vs campaign and in addition to encourage players to play on Nightmare Hardcore an additional accessory for completing a map on NMHC could be a nice thing too, you guys don't think so?

On a further note: Would it be possible to expand Thanksgiving accs to GTH1, Valentine accs to Sky O'Love, X-mas accs to EHE. While GTH and Sky O'Love require much lower stats than GTH² and Temple O'Love, they still take a bunch of time to complete. EHE is one of the most complex challenges in the game... in my opinion much harder than SN. The easier maps should reward just 1 accessory though.

To read:

Palantir - NM and below = 1 acc, NMHC = 2 accs

Temple O'Love - NM and below = 1 acc, NMHC = 2 accs
Sky O'Love - NM/NMHC = 1 acc

WW/SN - NM and below = 1 acc, NMHC = 2 accs
EHE - NM/NMHC = 2 accs (very hard map compared to SN...)

CD - NM and below = 1 acc, NMHC = 2 accs

GTH² - NM and below = 1 acc, NMHC = 2 accs
GTH - NM/NMHC = 1 acc

I like the idea of exclusive to map content as it should diversify some game play so a +1 from me.

I have never been too concerned about how my heroes look and have plenty of accs already - so I am not asking for myself - but I think if people are being asked to remove accs from lab there should be an understanding of stat ranges for the accs that are left cs those that are being reomved.

I have not played a lot of DD1 lately  (more DD2) but so that the change can be considered by the labbers what are the intended stat ranges for these collections.

If you are not keen to disclose stat ranges then comparisons would be helpful.

For example (not real stats but for demonstration purposes):
The Top Hat can spawn with 100 higher stats and 50 more ups than the [insert best remaining accs left in lab]
The Cornucopia can spawn with ....

Or, if it is simply that any accs left in lab will just be terrible (stat wise) compared to these exclusive accs then just say so.

Lab trash accs get up to like 330ish max stats halloween max stats go to like 360ish

@mkjo quote:

but I think if people are being asked to remove accs from lab there should be an understanding of stat ranges for the accs that are left cs those that are being reomved. 

Or, if it is simply that any accs left in lab will just be terrible (stat wise) compared to these exclusive accs then just say so.

As harry mentioned the generic accs still can give decent stats. They can spawn around 200 and still have ups to get up above 300 so not a big difference, at least for bracers.   For Hat and Mask it would be higher since Santa accs spawn about 100 points higher.  

So lab will still be a place that players can improve their stats even with accs that are still left.  It just wouldnt be a place you can get the absolute best.

@EagleOne quote:

Suggestion for another accessory set:

Karathiki/Akatiti, effect falling leaves

Karathikan Artifact

Tiki Mask

Leafy Bracers

Winter Set... missing bracers... with falling snow...

Valentine Set... http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Cumulous_Wristbands

A winter set is already in the works and I am looking at a Valentines as a potential to add as well.  We hadnt discussed a Karathiki set though. Maybe something we can look at doing but will likely hit in Update 4 unless I really get some time freed up to do it.

One big difference would be for farming shields.  I don't think very many players farm gobbler shields on GTH2. 

That said, I find GTH2 enjoyable and wouldn't mind a reason to farm it, especially if we got 2 accs per char :)

i support this, and would also like if lab had lower drop rate on sup and onwards armor, make survival more inline for armor farming. or perhaps if not reducind drop rates, maybe make lab only drop up to ult no more + or ++ armor, or if possible make lab harder to make the reward more of a challenge?

=)

@SilentMayu quote:

i support this, and would also like if lab had lower drop rate on sup and onwards armor, make survival more inline for armor farming. or perhaps if not reducind drop rates, maybe make lab only drop up to ult no more + or ++ armor, or if possible make lab harder to make the reward more of a challenge?

=)

That particular request would be a bit harder to get past the community more than likely.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in-to that discussion and made this happen!
Also, thanks to CDT for taking up the suggestion(s) in that thread.
its about time accessory exclusivity is restored. Of course if someone does't want to farm specific maps but still wants a chance at certain accessories, they do still drop on Akatiti(except for WW/ToL accs), but with significantly less stats. However, for the top-end accessories, gotta farm the specific map, as it was the case pre-Lab Assault.

I'll be updating that thread with my recent findings about Halloween Spooktacular 2 Reward Accessories(not the ones you get from lab Assault) and whether or not they should be left as it is, or have them buffed at the WW/ToL/GHT2 level as well.

Also, since there is a slight concern about Lab now having only trashy accs(some of which still look fantastic and have acceptable stats) -- I'd suggest giving "Rare Accessories" a minute stat increase to compensate the removal of all the top-end accessories. 
The Rare Masks(wiki link), Rare Brooches(wiki link), Rare Shields(wiki link) and Rare Bracers(wiki link) from those wiki pages could be slightly buffed, the rest ones can be left as it is.

Also, I had made another suggestion regarding Pirate Hats here -- https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/139041
Please see if Pirate Hats can be included as a reward drop in Buccaneer Bay. Now that we actually have a Pirate Themed Map(love it!) it is only logical that Pirate Hats should also drop on Buccaneer Bay with a comparable stat-range to Pirate Eye Patches! (Or be exclusive to Buccaneer Bay depending on consensus)

On the topic of accessory sets, here's one: 
Dunno what effects we can have, maybe a stars or rum bottles revolving around the head suggesting the "Pirate is drunk!" I dunno, I'm not that creative! :D
T1mnkg8.png

Another Accessory Set Suggestion -- Demonic/
Monstrous Set:
kWYtQeV.png

I don´t really support this but I also don´t have anything against it since I don´t really plan on doing lab ever again :) ty for the survival buffs <3

All for it, I farm WW more then lab because my stats are high enough, you go guys, great idea !! Only acc's, no to nerfing armors

@SilentMayu quote:

=)

This I would fight with all my passion, stop the crap about nerfing armors in Lab Assault, bloody hell. You don't like it, just don't play it. 

Actually that would be the ultimate goal to have certain armor qualities dropped from Lab Assault.
It's not the case of "you don't like it, so don't play it", its taking advantage of an OBVIOUSLY BROKEN SYSTEM to get end-game gear, which leads to making other means of getting armor -- obsolete, quite literally.
Is there a specific reason you do not wish armor to be nerfed from Lab Assault? Is Lab Assault too hard, that you feel it should be quite as rewarding as it is now?

Do tell how much of your Ult+/++ armors were survival farmed, that required actual effort, instead of paying someone to have you sit on a conveyor belt and do nothing and get all your gear.
Also why is sitting on a conveyor belt more rewarding than actually playing the game? I don't get the logic of that.
And don't mind me, but a quick glance at your achievements suggests that you started the game sometime in 2014. Had you been part of the community since 2011 or 2012, and had you ACTUALLY WORKED your butt-off to get gear -- only then you'd realize how broken as hell Lab Assault is and how ridiculously over-rewarding it is compared to running survivals.

IT IS A 5 YEAR OLD GAME, I will NEVER let a few players ruin the game I like, leave lab alone, you have the acc's away allready (and I have agreed ,to that).

If you fix lab fix the lupine bow crap also!

@ddace quote:

@SilentMayu quote:

=)

That particular request would be a bit harder to get past the community more than likely.

@Black Mamba quote:

Actually that would be the ultimate goal to have certain armor qualities dropped from Lab Assault.
It's not the case of "you don't like it, so don't play it", its taking advantage of an OBVIOUSLY BROKEN SYSTEM to get end-game gear, which leads to making other means of getting armor -- obsolete, quite literally.
Is there a specific reason you do not wish armor to be nerfed from Lab Assault? Is Lab Assault too hard, that you feel it should be quite as rewarding as it is now?

Do tell how much of your Ult+/++ armors were survival farmed, that required actual effort, instead of paying someone to have you sit on a conveyor belt and do nothing and get all your gear.
Also why is sitting on a conveyor belt more rewarding than actually playing the game? I don't get the logic of that.
And don't mind me, but a quick glance at your achievements suggests that you started the game sometime in 2014. Had you been part of the community since 2011 or 2012, and had you ACTUALLY WORKED your butt-off to get gear -- only then you'd realize how broken as hell Lab Assault is and how ridiculously over-rewarding it is compared to running survivals.

Your tone is ***ed up and you are pissing me off big time, ALL MY ***IN armors are self farmed except the one I bought last week

Gonna leave the forums for a few weeks, the crap about lab is not worth my time but I WILL fight you guys if you touch the drop rates in lab, I HAVE bOUGHT this game and I have a say what you do with MY property.

See ya in a few weeks !!!!