Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

The Big Thing

In today's dev stream Trendy hinted at a "Big Thing" being revealed. Apparently the "Big Thing" has been brewing for awhile now and it will be revealed next week.

So who wants to take a guess what the "Big Thing" is?

I should mention it's not trading, as they already spoke about that in the dev stream. 

It's going to be interesting if this turns out to be all hype and "The Big thing" is underwhelming. Although It would be nice if it lives up to the hype for once.

I guess time will tell.

Maybe a new game mode (Tower Offense?! DUNGEON OFFENDERS), or a form of competition like weekly challenge maps or something would be my guess.

I figure it's not somethimg brought up regularly like the revamps. It might also just be the reveal of that new hero.

Or maybe they're giving me a Narwhagon. Just me. No one else.

they are fixing Frostbite Towers, SGT's as its been a month since they broke them.

or maybe the big thing is a massive middle finger to anyone trying to play non META.

@PandynatorDD quote:

How big can it really be when they have kept it secret for nine months though.

Not sure I understand what you mean. It could be them throwing the game away and bringing the moba back. Like, what does the size have to do with them keeping it secret? All they have to do is not mention it.

@Soulstiger quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

How big can it really be when they have kept it secret for nine months though.

Not sure I understand what you mean. It could be them throwing the game away and bringing the moba back. Like, what does the size have to do with them keeping it secret? All they have to do is not mention it.

He means Trendy have been pregnant and are about to give birth to something special. :P

@Vagnar quote:

Maybe a new game mode (Tower Offense?! DUNGEON OFFENDERS),

Hell yes, an offensive mode would be great. But not now. Focus should be bugs and end-game right now.

Edit: Oh, finally they announced barb. Now I am hyped.

I hope it is something akin to item interchangeability some method where a drop can be rerolled to another class and the passives that are hero specific change to those of the destination class.

This would be huge IMO and well worth having in.

@Fozzie quote:

I hope it is something akin to item interchangeability some method where a drop can be rerolled to another class and the passives that are hero specific change to those of the destination class.

Item rerolling is what kept me playing Diablo wayyyyy longer than I would have. Being 100% at the mercy of RNG will kill the game for many.

@Vagnar quote:

@Fozzie quote:

Item rerolling is what kept me playing Diablo wayyyyy longer than I would have. Being 100% at the mercy of RNG will kill the game for many.

I agree that was the best thing about Diablo 3 imo. If we are keeping this horrendous passive system then we need a re-roll system. Too many times I'm getting a piece of loot with the right stats and the wrong passives. It's definitely a game killer, especially when some of the drop rate of the 750 is pretty low.

It's why I rather the main character passives be tied to spheres and not loot. It would cut down on the RNG dramatically and you could then again have universal armor pieces. which could be incorporated into set bonus's.

Still I don't see that happening so item re-roll of one stat infinitely amount of times on the loot olike D3 would be more than welcomed.

I think if they switched to Diablo's gem/socket system for passives that would be the right call. Let us equip passive gems on the gear we want both statisitcally and visually.

Yeah, it'd be shameless, but good systems are good systems for a reason.

a welcome for all aliens? :P

or hopefully item stat rerolling or some better form of half-assed crafting or better yet, full blown crafting already XD

I've no idea what it could be. Trendy have been mentioning "The Big Thing" to the Caster Guild a few times and still haven't given any hints away ever after we've tried to trick them.