Sign in to follow this  
coreyliedlich

Not-so-subtle nerf to PDT's?

I am noticing alot of passives for the Huntress that is increasing the defense health of PDT's. I've never seen this before but I haven't acquired alot of high power level gear either yet. PDT's aren't used as blockades, they are more like sniping towers. Is this an attempt to nerf their damage instead of the passive increasing the damage or effects of the poison? It would be like giving more health to the Squire's Harpoon or the Apprentice's Frost Towers.

Am I mistaken or missing some thing?

The passive your referring to was suppose to be removed a long time ago... ( Towering Poison )

Its a nerf to your gear drops.Hard to get the right passive rolls as is, then you add a useless passive the seems to be pretty common. Doesn't help that's for sure.

Not a recent addition btw. Been around for a while.

Thank you all for the responses. I didn't know that it been around for awhile. I thought that maybe there was a better passive like damage or something and they replaced it with health. I just never saw it on my loot before. 

IMHO you shouldn't be farming PDT gear with a Huntress anyway, you should use a squire or Apprentice, as thats the only way you will get better range on the tower.

@Zantric quote:

Its a nerf to your gear drops.Hard to get the right passive rolls as is, then you add a useless passive the seems to be pretty common. Doesn't help that's for sure.

Not a recent addition btw. Been around for a while.

How is it a nerf to gear drops? A PDT huntress only cares about Defense Power. There are no passives you could possibly hope to get instead. Crit damage is awful on PDTs so you don't need crit chance. Tripwire & Volatile Schematics don't affect PDTs, and Vector Corrector can't drop on Huntress gear at all anyway. If you want Vector Corrector gear you load up your hero deck with Apprentices or Squires and when you do that there is no chance for Towering Poison at all.

It has been like that for a moment and honestly the bonus is so huge that it can be quite helpful (specially considering that PDT doesn't require any other passive on the core gear), it makes them less sensitive to kamikaze and flyings.

@Zimmermann quote:

IMHO you shouldn't be farming PDT gear with a Huntress anyway, you should use a squire or Apprentice, as thats the only way you will get better range on the tower.

Say what? How squire and app towers can improve PDT range ?

I don't understand how some players can have such PDT range while mine is so short, that would be the key ?

Do you own both of the +25% PDT range spheres? Medium tier I believe. Vector Corrector is nice and all, but it's not ungodly better than not having it.

@dimitrimartin quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Say what? How squire and app towers can improve PDT range ?

I don't understand how some players can have such PDT range while mine is so short, that would be the key ?

Get all the spheres, the main ones being medium 25% range, then if you get Vector corrector on all peaces you are talking an additional 18% assuming you get 3% on each peace. I that range passive is multiplicative with spheres therefore giving you more range then would be expected..

@Zimmermann quote:

Get all the spheres, the main ones being medium 25% range, then if you get Vector corrector on all peaces you are talking an additional 18% assuming you get 3% on each peace. I that range passive is multiplicative with spheres therefore giving you more range then would be expected..

That's 15% vector corrector if you get 3% on each piece. Vector corrector doesn't drop on weapons, and even if it did, Huntress would not be able to equip an Apprentice or Squire weapon, and if she could you'd lose the Toxic Shock.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

That's 15% vector corrector if you get 3% on each piece. Vector corrector doesn't drop on weapons, and even if it did, Huntress would not be able to equip an Apprentice or Squire weapon, and if she could you'd lose the Toxic Shock.

oh yeah, ofc its not on weapons doh! I was just thinking of passives in general and how Amped Up gets to 18% but yeah, that spawns on weapons to.

They should really allow huntresses to use swords and staffs, she can just throw them at enemies or stick them down the barrel of her PDT tower and blast them out.