Sign in to follow this  
❄️WICE❄

Hello. Old DD1 player here.

Hello there.
So I bought DD2 as soon as I could years ago..

Didnt play it for almost 2 years because the game was so bad compared to DD1.

Now I have returned and it still sucks.

Where are the cozy tavern hostings, the tavern shops you could setup, and why, honestly WHY cant you get items with defense speed stats and range stats?!?!?!!??!
Are you completly retarded trashing that?
And why, in a game YOU HOST, cant you kick people?! - "Lets make votekick and all hold hands... *** no no no!"
And why do minions all of a sudden cost defense units, DONT CHANGE SOMETHING THAT IS GOOD AND MAKE IT BAD.

Jesus christ Trendy, what have you become?
Can we get the old Trendy back?
Or are we just lost with a game that will never become something you can love as much as DD1?

Theres just no magic or nice feel about dd2 as there was in dd1.
Have you fired all your nice developers or whats the deal?

Sorry if im a little hard on you, but honestly, for ***ing up such a nice game, you kind of deserve it.

If you can possibly in any way answer some of my questions, I would LOVE that!
Since some kind of promise of trying to repair this game would be HIGHLY appreciated!!

I must admit when I saw your post I held my breath and thought for a split second "A normal human being is visiting the depths of this depravity. We are not worthy...!" You nailed how I feel about it too. Only difference is, for some reason I stayed and played this game for one and a half years. Not loving it for a minute, but just playing it because it stands on the shoulders of the giant that is DD1, and hoping this would get better with time. I even stayed when they removed defence speed....I stayed through this thick soup of bugs that just gets thicker and thicker with every update. Haven´t had any gear upgrades for months now... It is unrewarding as f.....  The whole loot system and pets are boring...  It changed me man....Jesus what have I become.... some kind of masochist?

Agreed just not with the language you use to express  your thoughts.

Honest feedback:

Unrewarding gameplay . Slow leveling of alts. Maps less Epic compared to DD1. Too many useless towers. Lack of utility towers...ie debuff aura etc. WAY overpriced costumes. Pet system is just...ugh. No chat option for PS4. I have a keyboard . Passives mostly rolling for active hero ie your dps hero leaving builders kinda screwed.  

Just wanted DD1 part 2 really. More hero's,better grapics, better social options, new and improved maps and ai.

Was a fun game till NM.

Sorry about the language, was a heat in the moment thing.
I was just so pissed off and sad..

But tbh. I think Zantric got some good points aswell.
Also stuff I want changed.

Its just so weird that they would want to change so much, on such a good game..
I can't understand it, I just can't... Makes no sense, it's almost like they made the game bad on purpose..

The sad thing is DD1 had some of the most fun mechanics. Why Trendy completely threw everything away from the original is beyond me. The absurd amount of different stats you could get on gear, the amount of max levels you could get on gear, the crazy enemies like assassins, genies, sharks, spiders etc. 

It was what made DD1 so fun and so challenging. It didnt matter if you were rocking some hardcore gear, those genies and sharks would really mess up your day if you werent paying attention. Not to mention the vastness of build combinations you could make just by playing around with your base tower stats on gear. Having attack speed and range on gear made towers far more flexible in what they could do. Yeah you had some really strong towers over some others later on but even then it wasnt necessary to have. You could still make some nice builds on any map with just the original 4 heroes and do really well.

Also they really need to fix the tower sizes. They are way over sized. The original reason for making them so big was to try and prevent ogres from being pushed over them and not even a week after it was implemented ogre were still being pushed over them. The fact that the towers havent gone back to their original sizes is beyond me. 

I really think you are suffering the nostalgia syndrom and the overcomparing two products in a current radically different state.

1- DD1 when it was released was refreshing and fun because very unique but it was not the most epic game in the world, the fighting part was very clunky (still is for what it worth), a lot of defenses were extremly trash and there was not so much content. So yes the game had a big amount of content added over the years, but over YEARS after the FINAL PRODUCT got released. We are in 2016, videogame industry has changed since DD1 release, now devs "have to" make their game in early access to be sure they can finance it to the end and not go in a wall, you can contest that fact but the game is not released, it is an alpha game (even though the term alpha is still a bit exagerated, beta would be more sensible, anyway). Moreover the game is free, already has quite a bit of content and the developers are trying to make something different again and do listen to feedback, proof is that it was not supposed to be a tower defense but a MOBA, they changed a lot of decisions they made in the past according to gamers feedback. The game is far from perfection as it is now, that is a true fact for sure, but come on, noone ever claimed the game was finished and by far the best game ever.

2 - Too much nostalgia never helps. DD2 adds a lot of new elements compared to DD1 that are a lot more enjoyable, DPS builds are a thing, hero deck gives a lot more flexibility, the combat system is way less clunky than before (thank god for that). And even though I do agree that the current stat system is a bit too simple we don't need necessarily a comeback to the old system with a thousand different stats all around. It can be fun too without having absurd range and attack speed (anyway some current defenses already have absurd range by default and excellent attack speed/tick speed damage). They are at last working on rebalancing the whole experience of the game and the first step for that is coming in about a week, let's see how it goes before saying "DD1 was perfection DD2 is awful".