Sign in to follow this  
Zimmermann

So I broke the new incursion on my first attempt.

Stuck in wave 2 with no spawning Knight things, killed the guy at the shrine, it told me I could now kill the Knights, no knights on the map, and non spawning.

GG no Re-spawning

It has a great layout, looks awesome, but far far to easy, with LA's/LSA's/Frosties my blockades barely got hit. I dread to think how boring it will be with PDT's. 

I feel like I have to much DU to spend and no bosses to DPS down, and thats just bringing it up to the standards of the other new incursions let alone to the standard of challenging content for META users.

the assassins spawn and get stuck in really high up far away places. Check the mini map for birds pretty much.

Every single wave i would have at least 1 stuck in the middle of nowhere. I had to use gunwitch snipe to fly out above the pit and snipe it 

I just finished it on NM4 inc and i'm not doing it again until its fixed. Its not worth my time to sit there sniping bugged out assassins for minutes.

I'm a bit annoyed at this map already. The assassins don't pose much challenge to me, and they go after my towers if I'm far away from them.

I haven't lost yet, but this is very much not the challenge I was expecting it to be lol

@Pegazul quote:

the assassins spawn and get stuck in really high up far away places. Check the mini map for birds pretty much.

Thats all I was doing, checking the mini map, they was none on the map at all.

But its an incredibly easy incursion, so its worth teh frustrating for a chance at a 750 ring. Plus all I need on the ring is 2 stats, 4-5% crit, hero damage as a secondary main stat, shouldn't take long to get one.

Yeah, every time I jump down to the lower area to get a tome, at least one of them just stops and starts wailing on my defenses. Plz2fix

LMAO a Dark Knight attacked my ***ing Core and lost me the game in wave 4. 

I have  attempted this map now 3 times.

1. First try wave 2, bugged out no Dark Knights to kill to end wave.
  2. Second try success.
  3. Third Try Dark Knights attack and destroy me defenses (2 Frostbite Towers 28.3k hp) in wave 3, then they attack and destroy my Core in wave 4. Literally ran right past one, while he was melee'ing it HAHA

Was this on the test list, up their with SGT's and PDT's?

Beat the last wave (killed all the dark knights and what not) and the match did NOT end. It was just enemies endlessly spawning even though I clearly killed all the dark knights (checked the radar and looked all around the map). GG Trendy.

More observation: They approach my towers a lot and sit there. I'm not getting pursued all that much. Sometimes they'll start attacking the tower, other times they'll finally start to come after me again, but eventually float back over to a tower if I move a certain distance out of range.

The assassins are EXTREMLY buggy. They constantly attack my barricades for no f**** reason, I am sitting next to the guy, shooting at him (by the way they are not invu in that state which is hilarious) and it smashes my barricades in no time. And they also take aggro from petrified ennemies (which would be neat if intended).

I just can't complete the map because of that bug, I've tried three times and three times my barricades got rekt for no reason by those dumbass. And without a braindead EV2 set shutting down the statue in one go is just impossible, I know my gunwitch isn't perfectly stuffed at all but still, took me three attempts to break the statue (ok once I died).

And also without any movement speed the dps part is just so annoying.

All in all the difficulty comes mostly from annoyance than actual difficulty. I really like the map as a defense map (though the mana chests are terribly placed) but as an incursion it is the most awfully designed map ever, and by really far. I was really disappointed when I saw the devstream and I'm even more playing it. Just really sad, let's hope that mystic dagger is crap as hell.

arent dark knights suppose to 1-2 shot ppl?  they do nothing. avg dps can take 4-7 hits with SA/some hp passive. i was able to beat it on my 2nd try after figuring out what to do.  this map really easy. im really disappoint with this new map. 

@Zimmermann quote:

LMAO a Dark Knight attacked my ***ing Core and lost me the game in wave 4. 

I have  attempted this map now 3 times.

1. First try wave 2, bugged out no Dark Knights to kill to end wave.
  2. Second try success.
  3. Third Try Dark Knights attack and destroy me defenses (2 Frostbite Towers 28.3k hp) in wave 3, then they attack and destroy my Core in wave 4. Literally ran right past one, while he was melee'ing it HAHA

Was this on the test list, up their with SGT's and PDT's?

Lol yeah i had one break my volcano. I think if they attack you and there is a defense nearby they agro onto the defense once you die or leave range.

I have no idea how to play the incursion. I got 4 books, click on the table thing, then I die if I am near it, repeat. But I won't lose even if I just AFK because the enemies are too weak

Finally figured out how to play, killed all assassins but the wave still does not end.

Another thing, when I type "assassin" in game, it become "****", maybe it won't let me type "ass"?

So today this is my experience with DD2.

play the new incursion, failed twice due to massive bugs on my first 3 attempts.

No frostbite tower fix, no SGT fix... So I think ugh, oh well lets try this challenge...

Find out both Uber Spheres Explosive Guard & Shielding Guard for my blockade are broken, meaning I lose INSANE Health on my Blockades or I lose the ability to kill goblin lanes with my blockades.

I keep trying regardless... realise I need to use my DPS Squire due to my Monk dps just not being good enough with all the movement... Then I find out Shockwave doesn't hit the Ghost guy...

yay game. managed to complete it hot switching between monk and squire thank god.

Rant over, flame me if you must.

@123theman123 quote:

arent dark knights suppose to 1-2 shot ppl?  they do nothing. avg dps can take 4-7 hits with SA/some hp passive. i was able to beat it on my 2nd try after figuring out what to do.  this map really easy. im really disappoint with this new map. 

EXACTLY my question, too! Either Trendy lied to is, or they were not test the game with 2k-4K hp heroes with little to no resists...maybe they don't play with Tanky DPS heroes either....

[[150185,users]], My friend and I were playing earlier, too and I thought we broke it on wave 4. Game said we could kill them after we destroyed an obelisk, but I did not see them anywhere. My friend went and rang the stun bell and they showed up in the middle and we killed them.

@CyBer Sh0t* quote:

Finally figured out how to play, killed all assassins but the wave still does not end.

Another thing, when I type "assassin" in game, it become "****", maybe it won't let me type "ass"?

Correct. You have the profanity filter on. You can turn it off in the game options if you want.

Also, I am thinking.....I thought we wanted the game to be hard. And it sounds like some ppl are having a hard time doing this map...albeit due to bugs. But, I don't recall very many specifics given by community members of how to make the game hard (some were given, but not many). So....I guess making this map hard due to bugs should give us reason to be okay with it. :-p haha. 

Anyway...keeheehee. :-p

@SpiderDanX quote:

Also, I am thinking.....I thought we wanted the game to be hard. And it sounds like some ppl are having a hard time doing this map...albeit due to bugs. But, I don't recall very many specifics given by community members of how to make the game hard (some were given, but not many). So....I guess making this map hard due to bugs should give us reason to be okay with it. :-p haha. 

Anyway...keeheehee. :-p

I wouldn't say the bugs are even making it hard. They're unpredictable and annoying lol. Every run so far, I've won comfortably, or had a blockade randomly get dropped by the assassins then watched helplessly from a distance as my core went splat. I didn't feel like I lost legit, so if that was their design intent, boooooo. 

didn't read all but ass i guess problem is here:
When you let assasins fall down from map (with freeze for example - you may kill them all so) - wave became infinite cause you can't kill them now.
To finish wave you need too kill assasins.But there's not enough of them on map now.
They should respawn after death till same wave limit.
____
Map is easy by itself,they was right.
But.Assasins still can hit core or defences if there're no player near.
Or there's no tank-squire with agro-weapon.
That's a bad thing.Guess it shouldn't work so and they should increase their "follow player distance" thing.Sounds wierd yeah.

@Fiji Water Bottle quote:

Dunno if anyone said this already, but Ev2's Proton Cannon beam doesn't go through assassins. Maybe this is intended but it is pretty annoying to use her in this map if that is the case.

no attacks go through assassins, they are attachable, they are just immune to your damage, or take vastly reduced damage.