Sign in to follow this  
Elandrian

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 66: September 23rd, 2016

1. Can I please have a Skill Sphere for Two At Twice The Price? Every other ability (and Snipe) as 1 or 2 spheres for it, but Two At Twice The Price has a big fat zero.
  2. 360 No Scope does not stack when you have it on multiple pieces of gear. Is this a bug?

Do you welcome concept art and ideas for game macanics? Do you think that a cat is a stray if it comes by every day to eat your food? batman got prego so now its batgirl Jester_Forum_icon2.png ( the cat ) how did the folks at trendyE come up with their nicknames? when is the next carnival. is the carnival going to be in the winter? snowman2.png

Can we get a bi monthly or something(miss the loot the pets) the weeklies are a bit stale and really give nothing to strive for, kinda bad when most are completed faster than dailies.  

Or possible in game community challenges? 

1: I know in the past you guys talked about your experiments with an account leveling system and how it didn't mesh with the game, but have you reconsidered other possible account wide systems? I can't help but feel that there IS  a form of that system that would mesh very well with the game's inherent grindy playstyle.

You already have challenges, which award gold/experience, but building upon that could give players a form of long term, non-time limit based objectives and unique rewards, and add one more incentive to simply playing the game.

2: I asked about unlocking costumes last time and you answered in detail. Thank you. New question: Have you considered adding NEW accessories/pieces that could apply to multiple costumes? The carnival masks were fun, but ultimately pointless as they were a consumable, but implementing that idea as permanent accessories could really shake up customization.

Your end game is a joke, NM4 is equivalent to Insane + of DD1 and people are bored. You guys really need to spice it up. So any plans to bring back Hardcore mode?

Can we please have one enemy that soley targets your Hero and won't rest until you are a bloody corpse?

5 questions

1) Can we hope in the future a map with A HELL LOT of monsters in the same time ?

2) Do you think restrictions, like "no blockade", "no hero damage done", even "one class only", or things like that would be a good idea for new map / new challenge?

3) Would a "maze building map" be possible ?

4) Would moving towers be possible ?

5) YOLO feel bad question : is the game profit-making, or at least allowing you to live ?

1. Still no fix to Frostbite Tower, it will be 3 weeks come next Tuesday for the next possible patch. Are we going to get Action or words on this?
  2. Still no fix to Sky Guard Tower, it will be 3 weeks come next Tuesday for the next possible patch. Are we going to get Action or words on this?
  3. Still no answer on Frost fire being removed without compensation to Frosty Power. its been about 2 months, are we going to get Action or words on this?
  4. With Dark Alter Patch launch I am now experiencing major bugs on 3 out of my 6 standard defenses, with only LA/LSA/SA being unaffected, any plans to please please please start fixing bugs?  Reporting constantly but nothing seems to change, and instead rather get worse.
  5. Do you feel the Dark Altar incursion was at a high enough standard bug wise for an Alpha game? (are we to critical regarding bugs?)

With another new hero coming out, many and my self included will be lacking bag space, will you do something like making pet reroll items stack to 100 or add a stash in the private tavern maybe to store items?

Also since this is beta, and we would love to test to make sure everything is working as it is supposed to.
But the problem with that is we are not given much information as to how things are supposed to work, which becomes a problem. For example having passives not stack is that intended or not?
More communication on that would be nice.

Guys, can we all please stop asking questions that have already been answered?

They talked about how easy NM4 is on the devstream and how they're trying to fix it.

They talked about inventory on the last devstream.

They talked about frostbite tower bug on the last devstream.

They talked about LA and SGT needing work on the last devstream.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

They talked about frostbite tower bug on the last devstream.

If this is referring to my question, I am asking about how seriously they are taking bug reports when they talk about them on the dev stream and then 3 weeks later its not fixed. The issue is about how they process bugs that they know about not the specifics of that bug, Frostbite is simply one of the ones I know about. Also until they implement their new bug reporting system, its about just getting the information to the Devs through as many channels as possible, because when I just report in game... nothing... happens...

They have been talking for months now about SGT's being weak, they have been talking for months about how LA and LSA need a major buff.. nothing happens... I don't even care about buffs now, I have the gear to beat incursions on solo so I gave up on that front.

Lets also not forget it took months for them to resolve the Karma Vortex on gloves, the Black arrow on ballistas. Things happened faster when it effects the entire community like when we all came together to report sphere bugs, yet even some of those are broken, and now even some Uber spheres are broken.

I say "repeat, repeat, repeat until the job is done".

I know it comes across as super anal and argumentative, but other then just ignoring the issues what else can we do? I totally understand its boring to just have Devs answering the same questions over and over, but they wont re-answer what I have written, but I am pretty sure they will reread my grievances.

@Zimmermann quote:
  1. Do you feel the Dark Altar incursion was at a high enough standard bug wise for an Alpha game? (are we to critical regarding bugs?)

I promise to tune in, where  ever I am if you guys do answer this question!

I'd like to ask the same!!

Not because I feel offended for releasing this Incursion but for beeing genuinely interested in if you guys are also interested about reflecting your thoughts on the community so far ;)

What is the idea behind the upcoming balance changes besides making the game "more fun again".

1. Are any changes on RNG of 750ipwr drop rate with smart stats/passives about to come? I've played 113.4 hours on last 2 weeks, grinding to get those i750 and all i got was two boots, two helmets, one medallion and one ring with ipwr range of 710-740, some even without proper passives or proper stats, soon i'll not have that much time to play, so it will keep my distant from the game, since we have to spend so much time for almost no rewards

2. Are Dragolich ever coming again? WE NEED IT hahaha

(BTW, Thanks for the Lavamancer on the last Devstream giveaway, really appreciate it :])

Love your job Trendy! Peace.

1) Can we have more builder content oriented stuff (whether it is map or not), lately it has been a lot about dps between the rewards and the content of the two last incursions.

2) Can we please have a sort characters functionnality the same way that we can sort the order of our bags ? (Drag and drop style) It can't be that difficult to code in the game and would be a huge help for a lot of players who have more than just 4 characters (basically more or less everyone who has played the game for more than a few hours).

@ssjtrunks15 quote:

Barb where's my barb? I want my barb.

Now for real question;

When is the barb currently slated for release?

I second this. When is barbarian finally coming out?

I love how fast out are coming out with heros, but honestly id rather see some new pet eggs at this point. Any chance of Griffins coming soon or some other pet? 

Will you be changing or buffing the pet abilities that are just a waste of space right now? Fire pillar for example is a total disappointment. 

Serious Question: Helm of Storms. What's the deal? It doesn't work with everyone, and the people it does work for makes it virtually untouchably good.  Is this going to get retuned/rebalanced or is it stuck this way?

- what happened to the tower skins you promised in the collectors edition?

- why are the chances to get "good" secondary stats on gear like crit-%, harden and so on extremely low? can't you make only 1 stat like +5% ability damage/+5% attack damage and not 50 different?

Do you aim to make the "lower" difficulties more demanding and insane really INSANE so the actual nightmare modes can be merged into one nightmare just like DD1 did bcecause DD1's nightmare was great except for the almost impossible way to break into it.