Sign in to follow this  
cosilpah2

Bunny Costume

@EagleOne quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

Honestly I don't think the costume was intended to be this exclusive, I'm pretty sure they intended to have done it again the following easter but they just didn't for whatever reason (or lack of reason)

*cough* *cough* not to get off the track but this kind of argument leads inevitably to lab assault but we keep it as is... just saying :)

I'd like to see more seasonal stuff but new stuff :)

This discussion has nothing to do with lab assault, I'm not seeing the parallels here.

@Black Mamba quote:Rich guys want to stay rich. While newbies can run around like chickens looking for their eggs, only to realize its a farce and a costume they have which comes along from day one in the game they bought can't realistically be unlocked. So basically I paid whatever 10-20$ for the game, and I'm being denied a legitimate shot at a costume that COMES WITH THE GAME, becasue people don't want to lose value of their precious eggs. LOL. GG. Very nice section of community indeed. I'd rate 24/24. ;-)

Anyways, someone please remind me which community event items come from day one when you buy the game, coz literally that is your argument against the costume that old event items must also be made available. But yea, do tell which ones come included in the game from day one at 00:00 hours of gameplay time.

Rich guys want to stay rich ;)
*cough* *cough* event items which are worth 200cv. I only see people who are against a return of event re-runs who have paid countless cubes for these items or trying to sell those ;)

I don't see anyone selling eggs but old and new events for tons of cubes :) The costume itself can't be traded so it is worthless once unlocked. The eggs itself will be vanished once you reached the required amount to unlock something. Both doesn't have any effect on the game. Yet we are discussing about value of eggs or their usefulness -.-

i'm discussing because the arguments you guys use to validate a return are the same arguments we can use on event items :) Black you are right, that Ice said it should have returned each eastern but it hasn't for whatever reason for years. It has been left. The community driven events can be easily ported to ranked BUT it isn't happening because of "economy" while people are actually more worried to have lost CV.

Someone has written, I think it was you, that adding the costume is a reason for some players to come back because of "new" content / things to unlock. Well I would enjoy and would have much more fun re-playing event maps on ranked, open is dead as hell.

Back to the "newbies"; If events are actually ported to ranked then newbies wouldn't be in need to run around like chickens looking for cubes, only to realize its a farce because...

... event items won't be traded often

... event items "worth" so much that they have to run for hundreds if not thousands of hours (unless they got lucky on lab) collecting cubes

One of the reasons paypal shops are still a thing. They are very attractive to "newbies" but also well known players as we figured recently. I have no doubt that a lot of "newbies" and well known players are duping cubes to buy such stuff "legitimate" at the forums.

alhanalem

I'm sorry that you don't see the reason I'm bringing up Lab into this discussion. You stated it wasn't intended to be like it is right now, hence you would like to see it "fixed" as your statement implies. It is obvious to all of us that Lab Assault wasn't intended to be like it is right now BUT also Lab has been left for years and THAT is the major argument of players who are against a fix (nerf is loaded with negatives) of Lab. The parallel is your argument which is valid for both cases. Allowing it for this case though.

@EagleOne quote:

alhanalem

I'm sorry that you don't see the reason I'm bringing up Lab into this discussion. You stated it wasn't intended to be like it is right now, hence you would like to see it "fixed" as your statement implies. It is obvious to all of us that Lab Assault wasn't intended to be like it is right now BUT also Lab has been left for years and THAT is the major argument of players who are against a fix (nerf is loaded with negatives) of Lab. The parallel is your argument which is valid for both cases. Allowing it for this case though.

The difference being lab assult could be construed as a malfunction / unintended design whereas the bunny costume is a "we never got around to doing another event" thing (not a bug or error or other unintended situation)

Bunny costume also has 100% zero impact on gameplay whatsoever, so the only reason for objection is "haves" not wanting "have-nots" to become "haves." At least, that's how I see it.

Isn't it hairsplitting?

But since it has no impact on the game, why care so much about it? Wouldn't newbies care much more about things which have an impact on the game, especially when the stuff has an impact like Rainmaker, Calvary and others?

The time invested into such a discussion / "addition" should be spent at more important places like quality-of-life changes, new content, bug-fixes, investigating the new RNG since all these things have an impact on the game. Even new costumes would be a better time investment because you are doing something for ALL players, also when new costumes have no impact on heroes like Legendary / SL outfits.

BTW your argument of "haves" not wanting "have-nots" to become "haves"... can be easily applied to event re-runs... just saying (not knowing your position at this topic) :) Also some of the "nay-sayer" are "have-nots".

I am pretty neutral on this issue.

If I were to suggest anything it is that as a compromise a new bunny costume is unlocked (perhaps varying the colour only of the original to minimise work - there is a recent Trendy precedent for this in DD2) for any new egg drops. That way old stagers keep their exclusive content (something I think appropriate) and new guys get a cool costume (something I think appropriate) and we all get to collect eggs (something I think will be fun)

@Black Mamba quote:

Summary of this thread & the game in general is:
Rich guys want to stay rich.

I do not think this is fair. Eagle is the main protagonist on the non-return argument and his point is time limited exclusivity.

@EagleOne quote:

Isn't it hairsplitting?

But since it has no impact on the game, why care so much about it? Wouldn't newbies care much more about things which have an impact on the game, especially when the stuff has an impact like Rainmaker, Calvary and others?

The time invested into such a discussion / "addition" should be spent at more important places like quality-of-life changes, new content, bug-fixes, investigating the new RNG since all these things have an impact on the game. Even new costumes would be a better time investment because you are doing something for ALL players, also when new costumes have no impact on heroes like Legendary / SL outfits.

BTW your argument of "haves" not wanting "have-nots" to become "haves"... can be easily applied to event re-runs... just saying (not knowing your position at this topic) :) Also some of the "nay-sayer" are "have-nots".

It's true, I guess it just drives me crazy that I can get every achievement/costume but one, so it's like I'm stuck at 99% completion forever.  But I can pretend I'm at 100%, so it doesn't really matter too much.

Orcs Must Die 2 did the same thing to me because they added a "viral" achievement, and it's impossible for me to get 100% if I only play with my friend.  Drives me crazy xD

I would like new costumes for adept more than I would like events or the bunny costume :)  I don't have the bunny costume, and I only have 2 events and 0 cubes, and I don't think I'll ever trade for an event again.  But that's okay, I recognize that the community wants to keep that stuff limited, and I think the CDT should do what the community wants.  If I could just have new costumes for adept I'd be happy <3

Any opposite to anything will always seem 20x bigger than it actually is because those people scream the loudest, dreadfully afraid their precious riches or exclusive belongings will decrease in bragging value. No amount of pretending this isn't the case is gonna convince anyone. People were selfish AF, and of course the haves know that if they just shout loud enough, the have-nots will never get their due so they can stay haves forever. Bunny costume or event re-runs, there's no difference there. Sometimes I like to fantasize just how mad those people would get if the servers went up in flames.

Please don't quote me, I'm still getting notifications. I've already un-followed this thread for good, becasue I know where this is headed, vocal minority of 3-4 people will keep crying and somehow they still manage to hold the CDT hostage regarding most issues. So yea, don't quote me or even like my posts coz that still gives notifications and there is no way for me to make out which thread the notification came from. Thank you.

Its baffling how people are going haywire and not understanding one simple point -- I bought the f-ing game, the damn costume comes along with the game, but I can't have access to content I rightfully own because some whiners think their eggs & their prestigious "veteran" status will be worthless if everyone gets (rightful)access to the costume.

Tell you what guys, keep your eggs, and keep your damn costume. I request CDT to just completely remove the costume from the game for people who don't have it unlocked, end of story. Meanwhile anyone who wants changes, just turn around and bend-over, becasue the vocal minority will not let you have your say, be it Bunny Costume, be it Lab Assault, be it any other fix! Such is the case here that irrational dissenters can hold back real progress, reminds me of the veto-power in the P5 of UN, vocal minority of 5 countries holding 190+ other countries hostage! :-)

Enjoy your costume, and forget that I was ever in support of it.

@Black Mamba quote:

Stuff

Sorry for quoting, but I wanted you to know, for this moment, in this thread, you might just be my favorite person on this board right now.

It's true, I guess it just drives me crazy that I can get every achievement/costume but one, so it's like I'm stuck at 99% completion forever.  But I can pretend I'm at 100%, so it doesn't really matter too much.

By this token, anyone who has the costume before anyone else gets it because of us making it available again can be not bothered too much by the fact that they got it FIRST. So what if someone else gets the costume? You got it first! Just pretend no one else has it.

(Also, as a side note, it was said by Trendy staff that they had intended to run the event again)

Seriously why does any of this matter?

The fact that somebody has an ugly/funny costume they may or may not even use does not affect you, or your gameplay. This game is 99.9% PvE and what one person has doesn't affect another person's ability to enjoy the game (outside of cheating, which is another discussion). The costume doesn't even have trade value like event items do, because you can't trade it.  A player who came to this game later can never ever get the bunny costume (right now), while they can, if they hunt and farm and find someone willing to part with them, find event items even iif old events never come back. So I don't find drawing that parallel to be reasonable.

There is a massive difference between the costume and event items because people can still obtain the event items through trade. You can't trade a bunny costume.

@Black Mamba quote:

I bought the f-ing game, the damn costume comes along with the game, but I can't have access to content I rightfully own

You do not own the game, you buy a license to play the game :)

@Alhanalem quote:

There is a massive difference between the costume and event items because people can still obtain the event items through trade. You can't trade a bunny costume.

**** *** ******* **** **** forums logging me out right after writing a post(TWICE). I hope whoever coded this piece of inflammatory *** gets punched in the face.

I am not typing it all again it basically boils down to:

The rich, and their damn self-perceived entitlement to their status, are ruining what little is left of the economy.

"Lab is terrible, at least fix the AI"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO"

"Make the bunny costume available for people"

"NOOOOOOOOOOO MUH EXCLUSIVE ITEM, YE PEASANTS LAY OFF IT"

"Do event re-runs."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOW DARE YOU TAKE AWAY FROM MY 150-200 CUBE ITEM WORTH THAT I AM NOT GONNA SELL ANYWAY"

I came back to the game but I don't see the point of sticking around if all that is done is only done if the rich and entitled somehow don't feel challenged by it. And at 1200+ hours I am not exactly a new turd.

**** *** ******* **** **** forums logging me out right after writing a post(TWICE). I hope whoever coded this piece of inflammatory *** gets punched in the face.

There is a small hack that improves some of t he problems with the forum UI. If you look at the URL, after the .com\ there is a number 1, change that to a 2. It will give you the DD2 version of the site while being on the DD1 forum. The DD2 side had a handful of problems addrressed that didn't carry over to the DD1 side. It's still a piece of &*(#^$, but it's a little bit more functional (Especially when editing posts which is really messed up on the DD1 skin)

That aside, you've basically expressed what is running through my mind as a player. :p

@Plane quote:

Orcs Must Die 2 did the same thing to me because they added a "viral" achievement, and it's impossible for me to get 100% if I only play with my friend.  Drives me crazy xD

1. Searched OMD2 steam guides for the achievement
  2. Found a guide that listed like a dozen people willing to run a map anytime
  3. Sent them all a friend request, ran a map with the first one that accepted, then canceled/unfriended them all
  4. Got the achievement, and am willing to help you get it as well :D

Fin.

Since I'm still getting notifications for some reason due to these godawful forums, so I'll reply only for the off-topic OMD2 Achievement. I had it since quite a long time(I think I did it with one of the Robot Ent' devs themselves),you  should've told me Plane, I can easily pass-on the *cough*  virus *cough* to you, or anyone else who wants it! :P <3 :D

Forum quality and OMD2 nonsense aside, I am not actually sure how aware the CDT is of these loud protests and "the majority of the community wants this" claims by minority groups (the rich) being just that. The rich controlling the further development of the game by basically shouting BOOOOO at everything that doesn't directly cater to their persisting richness. And don't give me crap about this not being the case. It's the case in EVERY GAME with an online factor. And this is only increased here because the have-nots and most of the modicum (the people between the have nots and the haves, like, say, me) might go to the steam forums, but not here.

If this was politics, we could literally say we are being ruled by lobbyists. You know, like real life. Except here, each lobbyist is also the EA, Bank of America and what have you.

I do not own any eggs, I'm neither rich nor an event item hoarder. :)

The "majority"... you mean the 10 guys who are participating here of a community base of 300+? :)

honestly people you can't claim that allowing people to get that costume is going to hurt your game status at all. Either which way the richer players are seen as practically higher beings in this community most of the time anyways so whats the problem if eggs are allowed to drop again. I don't have the costume, I also have a lot of event items though thats mainly because of who I am and my connections, but come on people.

Can we for once come to an agreement on something instead of me making me feel like I send loads of praise to people about this community all to realize its just a bunch of people acting like 12 year olds over something that doesnt even effect gameplay whatsoever. *facepalm*

So they dropped at one point and people think they are "exclusive" whats the difference between that and bringing back the Mega Chicken? Or the occasional giveaway event hosts do with extra event items after events or the CDT (I think) giving away a pair of earths?!

If you have that big of a problem with "Exclusivity" then why do I not see a huge outcry whenever an event host (including me) gives away extra items after an event or when the CDT gave away that pair of Earths?

You can't be for something on specifics only...that would be no different than me saying I only like DD on Tuesdays and any other day its the worst game in the world. -_-

And I'm not trying to offend anyone with this post or anything or rub someone the wrong way or have someone thinking I can't stand you guys...but come on people... for years Ive seen this community as basically a second family one way or another. I see many of you as close friends or at least did at one point (since most of them arent here anymore)...can't we all just act like the adults/soon to be adults a majority of us are instead of bickering like 12 year olds because we are talking about bringing back old content which is a problem unless its something you personally missed out on....

@starfox64_0 quote:

If you have that big of a problem with "Exclusivity" then why do I not see a huge outcry whenever an event host (including me) gives away extra items after an event or when the CDT gave away that pair of Earths? 

Ok this is the first I have heard of this and this is hugely unprofessional. Consider this my outcry.

To everyone saying "why does it matter, it doesn't affect gameplay":

If it doesn't matter to you then why do you even want the costume? Come on, clearly it matters to people, including me.

To everyone saying "Trendy had plans to re-run this particular event":

Well I would love for trendy to care about this game enough to still work on it **cough** linux patch **cough** but they don't. The cdt does. The community decides what the cdt implements, hence threads like these.

@ThePoet424 quote:-snip-

I apologized on your thread but I will here too just in case... I'm sorry I should have elaborated on that more. I was in a bit of a "ranty" mood and didnt think when I posted that about someone possibly taking that the wrong way.

In terms of the "why does it matter, it doesn't affect gameplay" I was meaning primarily in terms of it doesnt affect gameplay based towards others or even a boost of stats. I can completely understand why some people would want the costume, I myself wanted it at one point and eventually just gave up due to the huge amount of time it would take to earn it. The why does it matter at least coming from me is based towards the people saying it should not be released again or have the option to be.

@starfox64_0 quote:
I apologized on your thread but I will here too just in case... I'm sorry I should have elaborated on that more. I was in a bit of a "ranty" mood and didnt think when I posted that about someone possibly taking that the wrong way.

Yes I was in a bit of a ranty mood myself :)

In terms of the "why does it matter, it doesn't affect gameplay" I was meaning primarily in terms of it doesnt affect gameplay based towards others or even a boost of stats. I can completely understand why some people would want the costume, I myself wanted it at one point and eventually just gave up due to the huge amount of time it would take to earn it. 

Glad we agree on that.

Disclaimer: I have about 20 eggs and no costume.

I don't see a problem with bringing back the egg drops either as a reward for completing a (new/existing) map, as a rare drop, or as a time limited common drop. 

The time limited option could be achieved by the CDT just by coding a time based kill switch into the code that causes the drops, no new release required. Sure this would allow cheats to change their pc clock and keep getting the eggs, but it could be removed properly in the next updated as scheduled.  

Returning event items as a whole I'm fairly meh on - given the limited number of people who have the items currently, new items or old doesn't really matter to me.

Regarding the game "economy" given the now smaller player base it could use a bit of disruption (eg deflation)