Sign in to follow this  
cosilpah2

Bunny Costume

@Black Mamba quote:

In fact achievements are a fairly easy way to bring people back to the game, even if for the sake of unlocking a costume it will lead to slightly increased player traffic in the game, and maybe some will stay along for a while as well. I came back purely becasue of the new achievements and I had not planned on staying after getting those new(and my old GTH2) achievements done. But I got to read and check up the new improvements and active development support by CDT, so I stayed. So much like me, there have been plenty of returning players in the v8.2 update.

Yes there are people who didn't like the achievement idea, but these are people who previously had all the achievements and had retired from the game. So much like me they weren't informed about the game still getting active updates, but from the CDT and not Trendy.

I'm also okay if a new map is added and the bunny costume is tied to that. But Ideally it would require more work for the CDT, and since there are already plenty of maps on Ranked mode where this can be applied I wouldn't mind that either.

Also, if it is indeed decided that the Bunny Costume is tied to a certain set of achievements, then ideally it should be unlocked retrospectively. But the best option is to make a new achievement altogether and tie it with the costume.

And finally, putting the Bunny Costume behind a paywall isn't a bad idea either for 2-3$ there are plenty who would still buy it, 2-3$ is adecent price, 5$ is slightly stretching it coz its just one costume and not a whole lot of content.

We cannot charge anything for our updates.  That would be up Trendy but I don't think there are plans to add more paid content.

Would it be better to tie it too a particular map or just have eggs as a rare global drop?

Ahh ok, well then its pretty straight forward -- tie it to a map(or multiple maps), that way the guys who have eggs get to keep them, and their value doesn't go down as much as opposed to making eggs completely available once again, forever. Mega Chickens are already available via Tinkerer's Lab, so the H-Eggs really don't have much worth. The other eggs are just collectibles anyways much like H-Eggs.

I'm totally fine if a new map is made or if its tied to existing map. But for 1 costume it seems a bit time consuming to come up with an entirely new map(from scratch). One thing I'd like to add-in more is not to make the unlocking of this costume too grindy(40-50 runs) to get it done. Lets keep it simple and straight-forward.

@ddace quote:Would it be better to tie it too a particular map or just have eggs as a rare global drop?

I like the rare global drop idea personally :)

@Black Mamba quote:

Ahh ok, well then its pretty straight forward -- tie it to a map(or multiple maps), that way the guys who have eggs get to keep them, and their value doesn't go down as much as opposed to making eggs completely available once again, forever. Mega Chickens are already available via Tinkerer's Lab, so the H-Eggs really don't have much worth. The other eggs are just collectibles anyways much like H-Eggs.

I'm totally fine if a new map is made or if its tied to existing map. But for 1 costume it seems a bit time consuming to come up with an entirely new map(from scratch). One thing I'd like to add-in more is not to make the unlocking of this costume too grindy(40-50 runs) to get it done. Lets keep it simple and straight-forward.

Well much of the mechanics are easily changed.  It could be unlocked just by beating a map once like other skins or keep some grind to farm eggs but reduce the amount it takes to get the skin.

There's too many things you have to grind for already in the game, and costumes shouldn't be one of them, IMO.
Keep it simple(in terms of complexity and grind) but not blatantly easy. Grinding for gear I can understand coz that's for progressing to the next milestone etc. but grinding for a costume that has no real game-affecting bonus/etc. seems rather boring and tedious.

Can possibly create a new achievement for the skin kinda like --
Ultimate++ Defender:

• You earned every Dungeon Defenders Accomplishment through the Eternia Shards Campaign and beyond! You deserve a... (bunny or lets just keep it as a surprise)!

Requirements:

• Ultimate Defender.
  • + All other achievements that are not part of Ultimate Defender(GTH2, ToL, Tinkerer's, Ember, etc.).

Of course, plenty of people have already done 100% so I'm not sure how this will work out retrospectively. But yea... just throwing it out there!
No to anymore grinding. Yes to achievement/new-map/whatever one time unlock.

I'm still strongly against bringing back any old event items, including the eggs and bunny costume.

Sigh.... I thought this discussion ended.....

I would like to note my opposition once again to bringing back the Bunny Costume.

Taking a step back from the arguments, I would like to note that it seems to be pretty evenly split between people who would like to bring back the costume, and those who do not want it brought back.

As for priority, i hope we can all agree that this is waaaaaaaaaay down the list of things to focus on.

I would much prefer talking about possible new content.

@EagleOne quote:

@Dave456 quote:I would much prefer talking about possible new content.

100% agree :) New eastern costumes would be also a thing I mentioned earlier.

yup but it kinda sucks that you can get it xD 

i want to unlock everything that's why ^^

Okay, I just wanted to quickly add my thaughts on the argument:

I think it sucks to have a menu where it is written "to do .... to unlock ...." when you no longer have the possibility to do said task.

So pls either take the bunny costume out of the menu for everyone that does not have it or make something where everybody can unlock it and do not make it an event only. And everybody that is upset about "it was a one time only thing so deal with it" should understand that this costume is the only thing in game where the game tells you what to do but you cannot actually do it. (Yes I know you can still trade for eggs, but seriously that is not what should be a requirement for something like that. Even if everybody had the currency and all the guys who still have eggs would sell them, there are not enough eggs for everyone.)

And just to be clear, I would prefer to have new stuff and all the veterans can keep their precious costume rare. I'd rather have new fun playable content. And if the hiding of the costume for everyone that does not have it is to big of a deal I do not bother very much. But i still think it shouldn't be the way it is.

That was part of my suggestion a few pages earlier in this thread that completely remove the Costume from the menu for those who don't have it, regardless of if they have 0 egg, 1 egg or 23 eggs. Teasing people by showing the costume is there and how to unlock it is just harsh, especially for new players who have no idea how imbalanced the economy of this game is. Just make it completely locked so it can't be unlocked anymore, or have it unlock via an achievement. There's no point in having each of feet on two different boats.

I've stopped arguing with naysayers about the costume becasue there is an official response on this thread itself, but if people are oblivious to realize that, then there is no point in arguing. Haven't heard a sensible & convincing argument as to why the costume shouldn't be made available, especially when we have official word from devs that there were plans to re-run the event. LOL.

I have the costume, so I can chose to be indifferent about it, but people don't realize that you have to open-up your mind and think about others as well. Not to forget the obvious vested interest people have in the costume staying how it is, coz their eggs will suddenly be worthless. Hilarious thing is they are worthless now anyways. The egg prices is beyond the "reach" of 99.99% of the community right now, and there aren't more than 2-3 people who are active and who have enough eggs for more than 3 costumes. So its pretty much impossible right now.
What is totally sad about the community is that a handful of people are holding the CDT hostage with their whining and vested interests. Its pretty much like the Lab Assault thing all over again, handful of people holding CDT hostage from doing what is eventually right for a majority of people and the game, i.e. fixing Lab Assault EV AI.

WHATEVER.

PS: Un-following this thread, please don't quote me or tag me. I'm not interested in discussing/arguing this anymore. Thanks.

I think the eggs should drop around Easter each year. Is there not a way to permanently code this in the game so that an update is not needed to turn it on or off. (ie if date==April seed drops with eggs)

@mayhem_zero quote:

I think the eggs should drop around Easter each year. Is there not a way to permanently code this in the game so that an update is not needed to turn it on or off. (ie if date==April seed drops with eggs)

I'm pretty sure there wouldnt be a way to do that and if there is a way it would most likely go off the time of the computer????

Which means someone could simply change the date of their computer to a day in April and get eggs 24/7??

(correct me if I'm wrong but last I knew the ranked file was also on the players computer so I'm sure this would be too)

If you worry so much about cheating you really should consider a change of game..

I like the idea of automatically drop eggs during easter. Gives every player the chance on the costume. Also this would probably boost the economy a bit because we would have more things to trade again. The dropchance would have to be quite low and I would make it a world drop not reward. And also map independent. Maybe like a .000001% chance to drop per mob, no matter the difficulty/map.

Also for all the peeps who already got the skin, we might give them some kind of item that is unobtainable so we do not have all these grumpy guys around.

The game still connects to the server for matchmaking and saving games. So if you want to prevent egg farming 24/7 you could add something like

"Check server time; if(<time of easter>)=true, enable <code call here>"

That would only enable egg drops based on server time. Getting server time shouldn't really be difficult to implement. No matter what kind of server they run, it has to know what time it is and any basic server infrastructure should have a get_time call.

The only hazard with this is that you need to implement this time call and easter check (or whatever other seasonal checks you want) on probably every map (not challenges though)

@Martiman89 quote:Also for all the peeps who already got the skin, we might give them some kind of item that is unobtainable so we do not have all these grumpy guys around.

This is suggestion I could live with. A bunny pet would be nice which change the original skin of a pet to a bunny :)

Honestly I don't think the costume was intended to be this exclusive, I'm pretty sure they intended to have done it again the following easter but they just didn't for whatever reason (or lack of reason)

@Alhanalem quote:

Honestly I don't think the costume was intended to be this exclusive, I'm pretty sure they intended to have done it again the following easter but they just didn't for whatever reason (or lack of reason)

*cough* *cough* not to get off the track but this kind of argument leads inevitably to lab assault but we keep it as is... just saying :)

I'd like to see more seasonal stuff but new stuff :)

God I thought I will stay away from this, but I guess one last comment can be made:

>official trendy staff says there were plans for re-run, and also supports adding of eggs & even suggested a few ideas
>official cdt member says there have be discussions to bring back eggs/tie costume to achievement
>official moderator says there were plans for re-runs, or at least thinks so, but its confirmed there were plans

Only people I see complaining are the ones that have eggs, or bought eggs for crazy amount of in-game currency, i.e. vested interests and getting salty coz egg value will go down.

Summary of this thread & the game in general is:
Rich guys want to stay rich. While newbies can run around like chickens looking for their eggs, only to realize its a farce and a costume they have which comes along from day one in the game they bought can't realistically be unlocked. So basically I paid whatever 10-20$ for the game, and I'm being denied a legitimate shot at a costume that COMES WITH THE GAME, becasue people don't want to lose value of their precious eggs. LOL. GG. Very nice section of community indeed. I'd rate 24/24. ;-)

Anyways, someone please remind me which community event items come from day one when you buy the game, coz literally that is your argument against the costume that old event items must also be made available. But yea, do tell which ones come included in the game from day one at 00:00 hours of gameplay time.

What if you finish the game as squire on royal gardens, nmhc, and receive a small egg?   Like winter wonderland, you need to re-run the map 24 times to get a costume?

Or, make a special easter map (royal gardens like) and have an Easter Bunny boss?  Complete the map on insane, get a small egg. for the costume.  Complete the map on NM, get a humongous egg, need 36 for the mega chicken.  Bunny pet for survival? Golden egg?

The eggs won't devalue, they will be like coal, and most likely have a consistent value added to them ^.^

@Black Mamba quote:

God I thought I will stay away from this, but I guess one last comment can be made:

>official trendy staff says there were plans for re-run, and also supports adding of eggs & even suggested a few ideas
>official cdt member says there have be discussions to bring back eggs/tie costume to achievement
>official moderator says there were plans for re-runs, or at least thinks so, but its confirmed there were plans

CDT members or moderators dont get anymore input to the game than what the rest of the community does. We can provide suggestions like everyone else.  However Ice does provide some good background and insight as to what the plans were previously.  We can continue to look for a good way to bring it back either using Ice's suggestions or some other suggstion.

@jemmajule quote:

What if you finish the game as squire on royal gardens, nmhc, and receive a small egg?   Like winter wonderland, you need to re-run the map 24 times to get a costume?

Or, make a special easter map (royal gardens like) and have an Easter Bunny boss?  Complete the map on insane, get a small egg. for the costume.  Complete the map on NM, get a humongous egg, need 36 for the mega chicken.  Bunny pet for survival? Golden egg?

The eggs won't devalue, they will be like coal, and most likely have a consistent value added to them ^.^

\o/ JEMMA!!!!! \o/