Sign in to follow this  
cosilpah2

Bunny Costume

Disclaimer: I have the costume (bought as I was not playing at the time of the event) and have no eggs stashed as currency.

I do like the idea of timed events being just that. However, this is a seasonal event and I see no problem with it being repeated as a seasonal event again (as Trendy probably intended to do anyway). I acknowledge the possible issue with CDT update / patch timescales and that this may therefore limit this as a possibility. [[49970,users]] I know your time is given for free (and much appreciated too) and, as a non coder, I will not presume to know how much work this might involve but if it is possible I would suggest a seasonal return for the eggs even if that season lasted 3-6 months (due to CDT patch windows).

What is the worst consequence of the eggs dropping for six months? That everyone has a stash? Well, firstly, good, new players can get the skin (which is cool) without bankrupting themselves in the future. Secondly the volume of eggs around can also be controlled by the drop rate set by the CDT.

How many active playing (full set) egg hoarders are still out there anyway? Less than 5? Probably less then 3.

While the concept of 3-6 month egg spawn is good, and that will give ample time for people to stash these up for trade or for giveaways.
But, knowing CDT work-timeline, instead of patching and re-patching and then re-patching eggs again and again -- its just best to have it unlocked via an achievement permanently, much like how the Mega Chickens were added at the end of Tinkerer's Survival by Trendy themselves. Humongous Eggs(and Mega Chicken) were part of the same event, and if a part of it was allowed to be farmed, why should the Costume be so ridiculously rare.

I believe CDT has other things to focus on, rather than constantly enabling and disabling eggs. Trust me, however many eggs get hoarded even if they are re-dropped, in the future it will again create the same situation for new players -- that is to say the game sustains or attracts that many players, I hope it will. But either way, I still suggest have it tied to the Ultimate Defender Achievement and award it retrospectively to those who don't have the costume but have the achievement and be done with it, like how Trendy treated Mega Chickens. End the crazy egg issue as it won't be affecting the market AT ALL. Becasue not even more than 5 active people have enough eggs to make a huge profit out of it, as mkjo mentioned.

Its way simpler and logical to just have it unlockable via achievement, the Bunny Costume has been rare of 4 years now, its more than enough time for people to show it off and brag about it! :D
Literally no one made a huge fuss about it when Mega Chickens were introduced as a permanent farm-able pet from Tinkerer's, and pretty sure hardly anyone will make a fuss about the costume either; barring a few that bought it recently(which is kind of valid) and those that have eggs stashed up. The eggs can stay as a rare trophy/collectible item, and someone who just wants to costume can be happy to have it unlocked by playing the game as well.

I like timed events. I have no problem with some/certain events being re-run but preferably on a time limited basis.

This is obviously not a big deal and it effects a small number of players and I agree that the CDT may have other priorities. However, as this is the place for players to share their opinions

@Black Mamba quote:

But, knowing CDT work-timeline, instead of patching and re-patching and then re-patching eggs again and again -- its just best to have it unlocked via an achievement permanently,

I would like to hear from the CDT as to the difficulty and time involved. I think they are, *ahem* best placed to make statements that something is best or not. [Bah, forum will not allow me to add smiley face here for emphasis on this not me trying to start an argument.]

@Black Mamba quote:

I believe CDT has other things to focus on, rather than constantly enabling and disabling eggs.

Turn it on in patch #X. Turn it off in patch #X+1. Done for another year (or two or three). Granted this does require two patches and this may not be possible.

@Black Mamba quote:

Its way simpler and logical to just have it unlockable via achievement

Sorry, I do not agree. This is as much if not more a farming game than an achievement game.

A few more points from me.

Do you really think that getting two skins instead of one is really gonna motivate people to get the achievement? I think unlocking the secret room and the storage space are the main incentives. This won't get new people excited to get it. It will allow all high end players who don't yet have the bunny skin to get it (for free).

@Black Mamba quote:

What is the point in keeping people away from a damn costume? Its not even game changing or OP like the Mega Chickens.

Exclusivity. I don't think there is anything wrong with a cosmetic skin skin not being available anymore. It is like a badge saying: I have played this game from the beginning. (I know, not quite, as you can still get the skin by trading. But that still requires a huge dedication to the game). I think its perfectly fine to reward veterans with something exclusive. Also, if it is not game changing, what is the point in giving people a costume?

I realise we have different opinions and I don't think either of us will convince the other so there might not be much point in continuing this. I've said what I wanted to say.

Well... Mega Chickens were made available most likely due to "laziness" (no offense) or non-creative new pets...

I totally agree to poet's point of view. The bunny costume is hard to come by such as any other old event item... but you can trade for it much easier than for any of the first Armguards or Terra's Brooch which I'm looking for since years...

The fact, that the event didn't had a return til yet, should be respected such as the fact that you can't get easily older events.

I'd like to see the event done but with new rewards especially if we were going to have it for 3+ months. The costume also has no impact on anything, achieves or hp/damage bonuses(i think) so id like it left.

also how many people notice that they are missing costumes and care about it enough to warrant re-releasing it. We already missed 3/4 years of this event might as well leave it now or re do it completely with new eggs and rewards.

@DarkDasher quote:

I'd like to see the event done but with new rewards especially if we were going to have it for 3+ months. The costume also has no impact on anything, achieves or hp/damage bonuses(i think) so id like it left.

also how many people notice that they are missing costumes and care about it enough to warrant re-releasing it. We already missed 3/4 years of this event might as well leave it now or re do it completely with new eggs and rewards.

This is a quite good suggestion, running a new easter event with a new skin to unlock. This way new players still have a chance to unlock something seasonal and veterans won't loose the exclusivity of a skin, they won't get slapped in their face.....

I don't know how hard it would be to do but small 3 month ish long events that dropped extra items in maps might be kinda cool so like presents for Christmas (candy for Halloween maybe) with about 3-6 rewards(costumes, items and maybe acc sets?) would be nice. No idea on how much replay value these events would have though if you ran them yearly with the same rewards and most likely with updates bundled into them. 

@EagleOne quote:

@DarkDasher quote:

This is a quite good suggestion, running a new easter event with a new skin to unlock. This way new players still have a chance to unlock something seasonal and veterans won't loose the exclusivity of a skin, they won't get slapped in their face.....

I like the idea of new event and new skin too.

However, newer players will ultimately still want the bunny skin....even if players had the option of choosing new skin or old skin... they will want both skins

@mkjo quote:

@EagleOne quote:

@DarkDasher quote:

I like the idea of new event and new skin too.

However, newer players will ultimately still want the bunny skin....even if players had the option of choosing new skin or old skin... they will want both skins

New players might want arm guards and even cheaper stuff like rainmakers and celebs but they unfortunately cant have everything they are all still attainable to some degree its not impossible for them to get any of these things.

-i might own like 50+ eggs so i have good reason to be against this change

What Dark said... almost no player cares about skins but Rainmaker and other OP *** :)

It's nothing new to anyone that games have time-exclusive rewards/drops/events, once passed unable to re-acquire. The fact that some are made by the community members here... does not even matter. An event is an event...

We could just start a poll here at the forums who actually likes a Rainmaker/Glacier/Celebration Hat or any other extreme high stat event item compared to a nothing giving skin. When you are able to buy a Rainmaker for 170 Cubes then you could have traded for 10-15 bunny costumes -..-

You are assuming that someone who buys the game today will instantly be notified about Rainmakers and other OP stuff.
They won't get to know about most of the event items until they hit NM levels. Even then, after a few hundred hours they'll get to know about these. Unless of course they visit some shops and see some player with OP event items, or their friends who have played the game tell them.
However, the moment they go to the character customization screen they will have the option to see the costume. And then it begins... more threads like this.

Point is, no new-player wants any Arm-guards. You are assuming something that you don't even know would happen. I'm an old player and even I don't want arm-guards, I don't understand the craze behind Arm-Guards, rarity aside they don't look quite as good as other event items. Waaaaay too flashy for their models to be properly visible. But that's just me.

You can start whatever poll you want, the result will be in favor of OP items any given day, everyone knows that.

The very fact that you guys can't comprehend that a costume =/= usable item, and the fact that the developers themselves had plans to re-run -- is the reason this will be my last post about the Bunny Costume. Not point in arguing with you guys when you can't understand a simple fact that Easter Event was supposed to be had every year, whatever technical difficulties Trendy might have had so it didn't happen. They however added Mega Chickens to the game as a sort of parting gift(if you can say that), and whether or not it was lazy decision or not who cares? Are you saying Trendy didn't knew about the original Mega Chickens and how costly they were? They probably knew it more than you, so even then the Mega Chicken was added.
Maybe due to focus on DD2/DDE they couldn't allocate resources to think how to properly re-introduce the Bunny costume, so unlike the Mega Chickens the costume never saw the light of the day. But that doesn't man to it should stay unavailable for a significant majority of the players. Especially when there is an official support for the event to be re-run by Ice, and re-confirmation that there were plans for re-runs to begin with.

I was supposed to go to the supermarket today for a one day sale, but due to some issues I couldn't. Does that mean now I'm not allowed to go for any future sale? I missed the sale for whatever reason, but I know that there are plans for more sales every year. Its the same situation here with the Bunny costume. There were plans for the event re-run, and just becasue it wasn't materialized doesn't mean it should never happen.

Egg hoarders can keep their eggs as a rare souvenir which will never drop again so in essence of rarity it will still hold the price(or go bankrupt for all I care) and the Bunny Costume can be unlocked via the Ultimate Defender Achievement. Simple.

@Black Mamba quote:There were plans for the event re-run, and just becasue it wasn't materialized doesn't mean it should never happen.

It is also not a reason in itself to re-run the event.

I am sure they will know about events way before the costume, also two of the events shown are probably the most powerful out of all the events(glaciers and rainmaker with the magicite still being decent) they also look pretty cool compared to most weps you can expect to get leveling so i'm almost certain they will want these before a costume. you also see this every time you log in as a reminder unlike the forgettable costume.

These things are shoved in your face everyday you might not know the stats and how good they are as a newb but you will eventually see one and want one, and they are mostly way out of reach for you.

4iotVnt.png

@Black Mamba quote:

You are assuming that someone who buys the game today will instantly be notified about Rainmakers and other OP stuff.
They won't get to know about most of the event items until they hit NM levels. Even then, after a few hundred hours they'll get to know about these. Unless of course they visit some shops and see some player with OP event items, or their friends who have played the game tell them.
However, the moment they go to the character customization screen they will have the option to see the costume. And then it begins... more threads like this.

@Black Mamba quote:

Point is, no new-player wants any Arm-guards. You are assuming something that you don't even know would happen. I'm an old player and even I don't want arm-guards, I don't understand the craze behind Arm-Guards, rarity aside they don't look quite as good as other event items. Waaaaay too flashy for their models to be properly visible. But that's just me.

Sorry buddy but still disagree...

Well armguards were probably a bad example since they are not OP :) Nobody of the new players would actually go for the looks [pun included] ;) You will get to known about events much faster than actually knowing all heroes, not even talking about every unlock-able skin ;)

The views on this are completely split even though I would support new skins which are unlock-able during holiday weeks, I strongly disagree about previous skins. There is also a way to include such seasonal events without the need to update the game within "two" weeks.

@DarkDasher quote:

I am sure they will know about events way before the costume

If you play public games, I'm sure that's true.   Otherwise, you can get every achievement and the rest of the costumes without knowing about them.

Anyway, even though I think it would be cool to have eggs drop every Easter, it seems like there's a lot of community opposition to having eggs drop again, so I guess the CDT shouldn't do it.  That's okay, I'll live without ever getting the bunny costume :)  I consider my costume set complete without it.

I don't understand this notion of "There is no way we can make the bunny costume available via other means"

Like, uuhhhhhhhhhhhh what's the point of being so focused on the eggs? If your worry is their worth as currency, then they retain that because they are old and will not be dropped again. Last I checked, having 36 Cubes does not give you a skin either and they're valuable.

An easy but high effort way to do it would be to make something like the Turkey Hunt, replace Turkeys with Easter Bunnies, and reward the costume for beating it on NM. Voila, people have a new challenge, the costume is available and people can keep their rare eggs

If you perceive your eggs to be only valuable because they can be used for something and not because they are limited and rare, then arguing that doing the above would devalue your eggs means you also need to argue that event items that aren't terribly OP have no inherent value whatsoever either. And neither do Cubes. (I hate all of you for somehow deciding MK2s are no longer worth anything)

People who have eggs, you cannot have your eggs AND eat them. That's not how it works.

so here is the question 

• is the CDT planing to add something to unlock the Bunny costume ?
  • or planing to Host an Easter Event ?
i would like an answer from a Dev ^^

@kg4q quote:

so here is the question 

• is the CDT planing to add something to unlock the Bunny costume ?
  • or planing to Host an Easter Event ?
i would like an answer from a Dev ^^

We have kicked around the idea of linking it to a map just like all other costumes are that aren't purchased.  Would just have to find or make a good map to do that with. 

An Easter event is not really feasible.  If the CDT was to add eggs to an update as drops like they were previously, it would likely be active for a long time and not really considered an event then.  

The events team could create a bunch of eggs and hand them out but to have enough for 300 players to unlock the skin is insane amount and is definitely not the best solution.  

Since this has been re-bumped, I'd like to put in a few proposals to keep the costume difficult to obtain, but not nearly as impossible as now:

• If the CDT is allowed to add-in paid content, put up the Bunny Costume for whatever 2-5$ DLC, simple and effective.
  • If the CDT isn't allowed to add-in paid content, then, tie the costume to a few achievements. My proposed ones would be -- (either of these, or a mix and match depending on complexity of doing that):
  1. Ultimate Defender.
  2. Upon Completing GTH1(new achievement) + GTH2 with all the [four] classes on NM with HC enabled. (There is already a similar achievement to this, the heroes ending one)

3. Both of the above, minus the all four classes requirement.

If we tie it to an achievement or have it as a purchasable DLC, those existing eggs wouldn't really be losing their value as much, since they can be treated as collector's items, much like event items. I doubt there is enough [legit] eggs in the game right now to make more 10-15 costumes, but there are certainly more than an 100-150 people willing to unlock the costume or if given an option buy it for 2-5$ whatever it is. Community Events that will hand out eggs, will be a bit iffy since the amount of eggs require for the costume is 24 and going by tour estimate even if 300 people were to run it, that'd require about 7200 eggs given to event hosts(combined), biggest issue would be item-space and to an extent event management in this case.

@Black Mamba quote:

Since this has been re-bumped, I'd like to put in a few proposals to keep the costume difficult to obtain, but not nearly as impossible as now:

• If the CDT is allowed to add-in paid content, put up the Bunny Costume for whatever 2-5$ DLC, simple and effective.
  • If the CDT isn't allowed to add-in paid content, then, tie the costume to a few achievements. My proposed ones would be -- (either of these, or a mix and match depending on complexity of doing that):
  1. Ultimate Defender.
  2. Upon Completing GTH1(new achievement) + GTH2 with all the [four] classes on NM with HC enabled. (There is already a similar achievement to this, the heroes ending one)

3. Both of the above, minus the all four classes requirement.

If we tie it to an achievement or have it as a purchasable DLC, those existing eggs wouldn't really be losing their value as much, since they can be treated as collector's items, much like event items. I doubt there is enough [legit] eggs in the game right now to make more 10-15 costumes, but there are certainly more than an 100-150 people willing to unlock the costume or if given an option buy it for 2-5$ whatever it is. Community Events that will hand out eggs, will be a bit iffy since the amount of eggs require for the costume is 24 and going by tour estimate even if 300 people were to run it, that'd require about 7200 eggs given to event hosts(combined), biggest issue would be item-space and to an extent event management in this case.

Agreed !

but for the achievements idea alot of ppl won't like it :P idk why but they didn't like the idea of the new achievements for the ember map

other than that Perfect and i would be happy to buy it if the price is good .

In fact achievements are a fairly easy way to bring people back to the game, even if for the sake of unlocking a costume it will lead to slightly increased player traffic in the game, and maybe some will stay along for a while as well. I came back purely becasue of the new achievements and I had not planned on staying after getting those new(and my old GTH2) achievements done. But I got to read and check up the new improvements and active development support by CDT, so I stayed. So much like me, there have been plenty of returning players in the v8.2 update.

Yes there are people who didn't like the achievement idea, but these are people who previously had all the achievements and had retired from the game. So much like me they weren't informed about the game still getting active updates, but from the CDT and not Trendy.

I'm also okay if a new map is added and the bunny costume is tied to that. But Ideally it would require more work for the CDT, and since there are already plenty of maps on Ranked mode where this can be applied I wouldn't mind that either.

Also, if it is indeed decided that the Bunny Costume is tied to a certain set of achievements, then ideally it should be unlocked retrospectively. But the best option is to make a new achievement altogether and tie it with the costume.

And finally, putting the Bunny Costume behind a paywall isn't a bad idea either for 2-3$ there are plenty who would still buy it, 2-3$ is adecent price, 5$ is slightly stretching it coz its just one costume and not a whole lot of content.

Still no to any suggestion making the bunny costume available again. I absolutely miss the consistency to other events. It is what it is... an exclusive costume for those who were playing back in the days. Lots of games have time-exclusive stuff, later players won't get their hands on.

@Kuugen quote:

Yeah, because other games have stupid practices, it's totally a good idea to copy that.

Look, we have different views on this matter. Would you be able to underline your concern rather than saying "stupid practices". Such a statement is featureless. I don't think exclusive content (items, skins and whatnot) is stupid. It is a badge, unlockable during a defined period of time. Something, old veterans are able to show off, to brag about.

I cannot believe people are that much jealous (talking in general) about cosmetics...
well viewing the Steam Market of CS:GO...
I would be extremely sad and mad when I've missed one of the OPOPOP event items such as Rain, Cav, Glacier & Co but cosmetics which haven't any effect on the gameplay?

Not to sound too harsh; You missed it - deal with it. [ IMPORTANT NOTE It hits me too, I do miss a lot of things I'd like to own. ]

Otherwise there is also no reason to limit community organized event items, as in the CDT is able to port these maps and the map itself rewards you after completion.