EV2 Builder, *0* useful spheres?

Ok unused defense and reflector fun aside, we have 0 spheres around proton beams, buff beams and general builders.

[Two general non-EV spheres *did* work to amp attack speed and crit chance, but instead of re-balancing them to work with them at some level, they just don't anymore.  Unfortunately that seems to be the way the nerf bat takes a swing.]

But with new heroes not getting small/med/uber we can't add our own base crit, stats, even move speed if we want to get around faster.  Sure you can do this on equipment one might say, but why can't we get anything useful on spheres?

DPS is OK, there are enough options.  But taking a page from another new builder, the Abyss Lord can at least buff (all of) his ranged and barrier defenses and doesn't have the speed/crit nerfs EV2 has.  He even has a specific for skeletal orcs.

I haven't caught up with the Lavamancer (who apparently has also been nerfed, following the Gunwitch speed nerf) but it sounds like he may suffer with spheres when built as a builder the same way EV2 does.  If so, be nice to change that too.

-->  Short term easy change?  Let the new heroes place small and medium spheres into their large ones - they should fit right??  Lol.  So worst case scenario EV2 builder could put crit 5%, crit 3%, crit 2% in there and maybe dp or def speed.

I definitely agree. Some heroes legitimately have nothing to use in their sphere slots. Trendy really needs to be creative with some spheres; don't get me wrong, some are great. But some are just complete garbage.

I was hoping we'd see more and more added as updates came along. I can't think of too many towers that have more than one Large sphere belonging to it. I'd actually kinda like it if I had to be more selective on the boosts I want my tower to roll with instead of it being an obvious choice every time.

EV could definitely use more spheres. It makes me sad that I have Chilling/Oiling are equipped, mainly because there's nothing else worth putting there, especially since they changed the crit/attack speed spheres to no work anymore.

@ApexStorm quote:

Wait...crit/attack speed spheres don't work?

They stopped working for a relative long time ago. It was an intentional change from trendy to make them not work in protons, so if you have them, they're not doing anything.

Yeah, not many builder spheres on the Lavamacer either. I am really unimpressed with Trendys creativity when it comes to spheres. All in i wish there were a lot more builder choices for everything.

I wish buff beam and reflects had interesting spheres. Buff beams could totally use spheres are modify the towers they buff (even at the cost of range).

im in agreement, heroes like LM and ESPECIALLY EV2, who has no beneficial tower spheres at all, needs some tower sphere love.

Not 100% true. Maybe like 95% true. She does have the earthshatter sphere which makes her reflect beam's explosion have extra dmg and causes frozen enemies to shatter. So, it's useful. I do this from time to time, albeit not often enough.

Huge agreement here, there is a huge lack of creativity in the spheres making Lavamancer and especially the EV2 builders really dumb looking, (EV2 spheres are just odd to be honest overall).

I don't see either why we don't have regularly more spheres coming into the game, except if we consider that Trendy understood early that their system was a very bad idea and just do temporary stuff for now untill they revamp the whole character stats and spheres/passive system. I still don't get why they didn't kept the 4 basic heroes system or make something similar for the 8 because as it is it looks very amateurish and incredibly poorly thought out to say the least, only the Abyss Lord and Gunwitch are "ok" while the 6 other heroes it is or "obvious choice only" or "what the heck is this sphere supposed to be for, it is compelte garbage".

In any case there is 0 customization at all as long as there is not more spheres added into the game (same goes for uber spheres by the way, and why no uber spheres for the new heroes ?).

Would be nice to have some answers to the whole spheres failure at some stage at least to be reassured and have some sort of ETA because as it is I think it is the most disappointing part of the character customization by far.