Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Game needs a hook

I give up. It's like talking to a wall.

Game is too hard right now, can't handle it. Please buff every tower again so new players can instantly jump to NM4 and be AFK. About the endgame players, game is too hard, since I can't 1 shot a boss with 6.5M with an earthshatter. I think that's wrong. Please fix, buff them all!

Here's some ideas!

Earthshatter can start with 1M atk damage, I can stand for that. Also, they cause earthquakes, 5M damage to everymob in the map.

Archers could send nuke arrows, instantly killing the whole map. Awesome, right?

PDTs could perhaps be integrated in some sort of machine gun with 15k range, 360º angle and wallhacks, firing every 0.05 seconds, not repeating targets!

Protons, I'd transform them into lasers, instakill everything. That's what lasers in sci-fi movies do, so why not? Make them able to destroy terrain as well, so I can level a map!

LA, it's a bunch of thunders, instakill everything on the map by increasing the range from 1200 to 25k!

Serenity auras, make it a beautiful tree, have mobs become pacifist and leave the maps for themselves, can't see why this isn't implemented.

Ramsters! MAKE IT A RUNNING DOG! Who doesn't run from a pitbull coming at you at full speed? Easy fix.

Colossus! Have it destroy the map by hitting the ground. Crashes the server, no rewards to anyone. Boooooooh.

Traps? Remove them, they're worthless.

Ice frosts? Freeze the entire map, instantly. They'll think they're in antartica, so they'll just go away thinking there's nothing there.

Matter the fact, make any tower blow the entire map and instakill everything. Game is too hard right now, we need a change.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Zimmermann Ah gold farming, it's a mini hook for some as yourself.mIt became quite tedious for me though, but I can see you are slowly but surely getting some reward out of it because you are seeing some noticable progress.

Ah yes your Monk. He got quite a few bugs given to him of as late, but dw a buff to his towers is coming soon. Lets see howmthat play outs shall we?

I am genuinely scared of a buff right now, as I worry they will just further break the class. I just want them to fix Apprentice Frostbite Towers, nerf the meta and leave me alone haha

[[24592,users]] , awesome loot drops, after hours of farming, is my hook, nuff said

SQmvWjC.jpg

But in all honesty, if revamp is going to take so long, if they increased enemy speed as we've mentioned countless times, and incorporate some sort of Leaderboards, that would be the only hook i would need to hold me over for a little while..

Fozzie Nailed it, the game is definitely too easy and Trendy some how think that's ok and nothing should be done until the revamp.Which although they aren't saying it is sort of an FU to the more established players who have chose to play their game and invested the time into their game. Their reward is to be forgotten about until the revamp. That's my issue with it. They keep catering to new players which is fine as that's one of your player bases and the more people you bring in the better, but you shouldn't forget about your other more loyal players in the process.Speed would definitely help though. The one thing I worry about the revamp is that the enemies are going to have all these cool new ways to attack, but they won't make it out of the spawn point because their health is still too low or just not fast enough.

dreamanime Multiplayer isn't a hook for me atm, not until I get the ability to host kick. The only time I play with randoms is when I have a friend playing with me to pick up the slack just incase.

Hodor Don't cry, I have 3k+ hours im DD1 by itself and some have farm more than that. I agree with Dragolich should be available for everyone. I would love to see a map where you can farm him and he comes in all different color combinations and sizes.

As for your Hell on Etheria suggestion. Well I and many others have brought up that idea many times, to have a mode where it's not going to hold your hand and enemies will destroy you if you look at them wrong. Bringing back the true NM of old. 

Trendy's respsone is to ignored anyone who suggests it and have them stick with their brain dead shell of a difficulty crap they call NM1-4. Because reasons.

Shinnyshin Oh god do not start me on how assinine the enhancing system is in this game. Needlessly complicated for no reason. You should just be able to upgrade your loot with gold and that should be that.

You are right though the ipwr system is abit messed up, the gap between 650-700/700-750 is way too much when you consider you need the right stats, the right armor piece and the right passives to align up. It should be a more reasonable gap like you said 725-750, that way if you do get an new piece of loot it could actually be an upgrade. Otherwise yeah get rid of it entirely.

dizzydiana No the difficulty is a joke across all modes. Trendy have finally admitted to this and are working on upping the difficulty to pre NM1 maps.

If you want easy NM4 gear play Onslaught. Round 7+ drops guaranteed 690-700 ipwr gewr and it's far easier to do than any Incursion or NM4 map because the enemies scale horribly in that mode. Onslaught is trash though, 2 rounds of enemies with no rewards is boring and pointless. Look at the first pafe of this thread and you will see how I fixed that ass mode.

Ah King's Game how i miss thee, although bring back that map right now would do a disservice to it's legacy. It wouldn't even be close how good it is compared to DD1, because the enemies in this game are little to no threat and that includes Ogres.

Mythos Now there's an idea to have skill sphere's somehow rewarded to you with higher values through playing. I like it, but I would like to take it one step further and have exclusive skill sphere's only attainable through playing the game.

Fructis You are wanting the Dark Assassin like me to come back and hunt you down. Well the good news is iamisom keeps hinting to the fact that we may see him sooner than later, so who knows maybe we will see him in this next incursion?

Although I would prefer to see him on every map and not be a map exclusive enemy. Unless he debuts on the next incursion and then appears on every map like how DD1 NM enemies were introduced. You had Sharkens appear in Jungles.

Did it make sense? Hell no!

However I loved every minute of it and not to mention it increased enemy variety across all maps,

Zimmermann What if the buffs to the Monk make him the new meta? would you want a nerf to the meta then? hahaha.

SpiderDanX Well aren't you an odd one.

Zkurcrow I hope you equippied that armor piece, it would a crime not to do so. Eh that would of been fixed if Trendy didn't tout their own horn and say it was in the patch notes, just to get people's hopes up.

Yup these ideas have been mentioned, Trendy doesn't seem to want to incorporate any of them until the revamp. This next update has the opposite effect for me, it wants me to play the game less. I'm way more interested in the Mystic than the Campaign revamp. Just point me which map to exploit the most for exp for a leveling up a new character and that will be that.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Zimmermann What if the buffs to the Monk make him the new meta? would you want a nerf to the meta then? hahaha.

The honest answer would be, it would be fun for a week or two destroying public games with my close to perfect gear.

But yes I would want it nerfed, and if I could choose ahead of time, i wouldn't want it to even happen in the first place,  as my ideal goal make something that can clear content as well as the META but just requiring more strategy and gear to pull it off. 

Server wipe. Servers taken down, Core game re-developed. Maps enlarged. Onslaught re-scaling. Sphere system re-worked and more indepth. New Enemys. Server stability issues and bugs fixed, Game re-written for more stability and easy configuration. Modify items accordingly so each difficulty is progressive and fun to play. Open servers again re-advertise make more sales. Change skill cooldowns so they arn't rediculous, Make gameplay actually interactive. Create crafting system that came with a year old influence vote, Stop pretending you care about your player base well you flop around and create garbage and do disgustingly poor patches. Brain storm, create a true road map so on make more poll's redesign items and passives.

Vote Trump

Ya'know start small. Game hasn't felt fun since level 50 cap was first introduced.

@dizzydiana quote:

I wish people would stop complaining this game is too easy for them. Please try to remember new players join every day, I myself have only played 200hrs or so and have a great difficulty farming gear for my builders to be able to build nm4 and I am sure I am not alone. I do however miss the "hardcore" option from DD1 and that might solve issues for those already in end game gear.  add modes like assualt, bring back timers like in dd1/dde, bring back enemies like spiders, super wyverns and genies. maps like Kings game from DD1 where when you step on a square it could slow you buff mobs buff hero(random events) would be good too. Just spice things up in general so rounds are not so predictable. I miss allot of the challenges from dd1 especially the ones where you either could not build towers or could not use hero dps and had to rely soley on towers, these I feel would be good to give those with little to do at least a challenge and could perhaps offer only gear over 700 in nm4., Those who have played along time and reached perfect or near perfect end game gear have little to keep them occupied and those trying to get into better gear are severley limited to where they can actually farm without having to rely on hoping to find a group running somewhere. I think the reward system should be revamped some to offer a small amount of gems (50 or so) for a monthly task of some sort or maybe a lockbox key giving long term players a better incentive to keep playing. Even an addition like leaderboards for fastest completion of map/incursion most maps completed that month etc, competition amongst players can be a great hook to keep people playing. Progression between the modes seems to be a little unbalanced going nm3-nm4 compared to the rest I am hoping the upcoming campain changes will address this. perhaps on occasion have a sale on gem buying to encourage more sales of gems might be good too, other games do this and it seems to work for them. Finally onslaught should be reworked to offer better rewards as you progess, if your build can last 70 waves you sure as *** should get better gear than what drops on wave 3 atm it seems very little reward and it should be rolled out for all maps not just certain maps.

Here's the deal,  new players have plenty of time to experiment, fail, get gear,  find new strategies normal - nightmare 3. Nightmare 4 should be really challenging (and rewarding) to give end game players something to do. It shouldn't be for the novice or the newbie. We need an endgame and hook. Other game modes, more challenges, and increased difficulty would be a good start. I honestly think it's silly we have 4 levels of nightmare. I got through all three in a few hours.

Lastly, casual players like to be challenged too. When I first started dd1 I played on hard for the increased difficulty,  losing occasionally, changing up your strategy,  and overcoming the obstacle can be a lot of fun in itself, especially with friends where you can high five after. Games have been getting way to easy lately, when I was 8 I used to love losing to Battle Toads, now every game wants to hold your hand. I don't know if it's this new generation of gamers or what...

There is no feeling of control. Just rng. I think players should be able to put points exactly where they would like, so to make towers and heroes feel less generic. I want to be able to distinguish my towers from everyone elses. I hate farming for passives. I have 6 percent frost on my protons..... so what? So does everyone else.... I miss defence speed. And not the crappy defence speed we had about a year ago or so either. I mean DD1 type of machine gun tower speed. That was FUN.