Sign in to follow this  
Vagnar

Getting a little tired of the costume prices.

What's the deal with these absurd prices for costumes with no customization? It made some sense early having costumes range in price some with multiple accessory options, but asking premium 1200+ gem prices for costumes like EV2 and Gunwitch is kind of... well... really stupid and to a degree, misleading if you've come to expect more expensive sets having those options.

Is this really the new norm, or do you plan to expand the accessories more soon or what?

@Vagnar quote:

What's the deal with these absurd prices for costumes with no customization? It made some sense early having costumes range in price some with multiple accessory options, but asking premium 1200+ gem prices for costumes like EV2 and Gunwitch is kind of... well... really stupid and to a degree, misleading if you've come to expect more expensive sets having those options.

Is this really the new norm, or do you plan to expand the accessories more soon or what?

I remember them talking about having color options for heroes a long time ago like DD1 had. It would be really nice if they implemented a fully 255 RGB color pallet for people to color their costumes with if they havent already implemented something like that. As far are more accessories are concerned i doubt it because once a costume is released usually the final product but its possible they might make changes in the future.

#Moneygrab

Remember though the costumes are optional, they could price them at $1000. They don't really add anything to the gameplay. You just have to choose if they are worth it to you or not.

At 1200 gems and no customizable pieces they won't be getting my money with those outfits. As high priced as the elemental outfits are, at least you can see a ton of ways to customize your character. So you can sort of see the value there, these 2 new ones are a joke,

I can't imagine it's that difficult to add assets to an existing model, but this Huntwitch is basically just a red/black variant of her normal costume with no variants for 1200 gems. I'd expect at least one or two pieces in one slot.

I picked it up and already kinda regret it. If this is the new trend, I'll have less reasons to buy gems, and I don't like having to say that.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

#Moneygrab

Remember though the costumes are optional, they could price them at $1000. They don't really add anything to the gameplay. You just have to choose if they are worth it to you or not.

At 1200 gems and no customizable pieces they won't be getting my money with those outfits. As high priced as the elemental outfits are, at least you can see a ton of ways to customize your character. So you can sort of see the value there, these 2 new ones are a joke,

I gave them a pass on the 4800 gem ones, as they were pretty upfront that they were knowingly overpriced and were an in game method to show support. I haven't bought any, and I think the price is insane, but I knew that going in.

These standard costumes need to be more consistent though. No accessories? 400 gems. No excuse to charge more. 1200? It needs more.

@Vagnar quote:

I can't imagine it's that difficult to add assets to an existing model, but this Huntwitch is basically just a red/black variant of her normal costume with no variants for 1200 gems. I'd expect at least one or two pieces in one slot.

I picked it up and already kinda regret it. If this is the new trend, I'll have less reasons to buy gems, and I don't like having to say that.

Isn't your topic redundant then?

You are complaining about the prices, but bought it anyway.

If you aren't happy with the prices speak with your wallet, money talks.

If you want to view it that way, sure. This is probably the first instance of buyer's remorse I've felt on costumes though, which prompted me to voice my dislike on the pricing. I'm not seeking a refund, as it was my choice and it's on me.

Going forward I'll be much more selective on purchases, and would like to see this improve.