Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

[Discussion/Suggesstion] Pirate Invasion Rewards.

Firstly, I have to say whoever in CDT came up with this challenge, hats off to ya! <3 (Yes, I'm a bit late to the party -- but I wasn't play the game for 2 years, so... yeah!)
Anyways, brilliant challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. Got rekt by Golden Wyverns on wave 12 near at the Port Side Crystal, but that's fine! :D xD
Highly satisfying reward in terms of mana, this is unique! More maps could use endless survival like this!

However, I'd like to make a couple of simple suggestions that might get more people to play it:
-- Given the challenge's increasing difficulty per wave, it would be nice that after the end(as in crystal being destroyed) at least a couple more rewards are given. Confirmed that more rewards drop in higher waves, nvm this.
-- Right now it only gives the Pirate Eye Patch, which BTW is fabulous! But wouldn't it be fair to have a Pirate Hat drop along with it?
-- If a Pirate Hat is being included, it should preferably be around the same stat-range as the Pirate Eye Patch(or Santa Hats).
-- One extra Pirate Hat isn't too much to ask! And it's not like this map is "steam-roll-able", not asking for Moby's and Roger's to drop as well, but a nice Pirate Hat wouldn't hurt anyone!

Apart from that, no complaints from that challenge map. Having played it over 6-7 times now, I have to say this is probably my new favourite map after Akatiti & WW! Loved it thoroughly!
I have to say that Pirate Eye Patches bring in a fresh change from the usual and fugly Santa Beards, without hardly compromising on stats!

crzy is referring to the fact that you can get more patches as you complete more phases.  Phase 7, 11, 13, 15 I think were ones I received patches from.

Hmmm, I am doubtful about Phase 7 then becasue on 7 in a pub game I hosted I didn't get anything we had a wipe-out on P-8, just got the the mana reward.
On P-11(and previously on P-9) I just got one Eye Patch each.

I'm assuming wave number corresponds to = phase number, yeah?
Or it is Phase Number = Wave Number - 1.
Please correct me!

Wave number should be equal to phase number now. 

Phase 7 is correct.  You dont get a reward for reaching a particular wave but only completing it.  So since you wiped out on 8, you get credit for 7 and below.

I like the idea of a pirate hat though in addition to a patch.  Definitely something to look at. 

So how does the current number of Eye Patch drop increase compared to phases completed? And on which phases does it drop/start dropping? Would like some clarity on this so I know exactly when I can afford a wipe-out! :D Not that I'd want to have a wipe-out, but at least I can be sure at by completing X-Phase I'm guaranteed at least X number of Eye Patches! :D

And yes, please do consider an addition of a Pirate Hat as a reward as well.
Speaking of Pirate Hats and Eye Patches, here's a "accessory set" suggestion for cosmetic effect based on set bonuses while wearing same set accessories:

T1mnkg8.png

The Leather wristguards fit well with the Pirate Theme! :D

So all rewards are award once you wipe, mana and accs.  Since accs are rewarded for completing phases 7, 11, 13, 15, then you could wipe on the following:

• 8 to get 1 acc
  • 12 to get 2 accs
  • 14 to get 3 accs
  • 16 to get 4 accs

Right, thanks a lot for that! I guess I'll have to make it till wave/phase 15 at least!

Do consider the Pirate Accessory set too! :D 
I may come up with an effects suggestion too, might have to think a bit about that! ;-)

@Black Mamba quote:

Right, thanks a lot for that! I guess I'll have to make it till wave/phase 15 at least!

Do consider the Pirate Accessory set too! :D 
I may come up with an effects suggestion too, might have to think a bit about that! ;-)

Sounds good.  Definitely all for ideas on what we can improve.  

Also, phase 15 isnt the last phase you can complete to get another reward.  Just hard to make it past that.

Well right now with the Golden Wyverns its even hard to make past wave 12! xD
But yeah, do consider the pirate hat suggestion. 
While on the topic of that, maybe have Buc Bay drop a random Pirate Hat as well, not always but instead of a pet/vanilla wep/armor piece maybe a Pirate Hat? I know I'm being greedy but who doesn't love Pirate Hats! :D

i don't really run that map but i think more rewards and diffrent acc are always welcome since they are my favorite type of item in DD. 

Though i hate the new golden wyverns jst saying.