Sign in to follow this  
mindlessdefender

Can we remove elemental dmg rolling on weapons or at least make it useful?

Its no good compared to crit dmg or Ability power. 
Can we get rid of it, or have it scale off of hero dmg or something so that it is good at least to have it roll on a weapon?

I think most people use Ability Power or Critical Damage , and the Elemental ones are like , "hated".

Because , they should do more damage and not similar to the Ability Power.

If you try to choose one , i think 90% Players , will choose Ability Power and not Elemental.

Please , buff Elemental Stats.

santa.pngGalaxy 

Agreed... It adds maybe 3% DPS at the NM4 level? It's just terrible lol.

Only noteworthy element is earth, and thats not because the element, but because of the impact passive that can chain stun bosses on certain weapons. Which is meh at best...

A lot of offensive passives scale with ability power, hero damage, or hero crit damage. I don't think there is anything that scales with elemental damage. Unless elemental damage is included in in the calculations for passives that do damage based on a percentage of your hero damage. I don't think they are but I cannot confirm that.

Again its almost like DD1's stat system was superior and made every stat like elemental damage viable.....man if only DD2 did the same thing that DD1 did and just expanded on that....

DD1 Dps heroes were incredibly useless in comparison with builders, let's stop say DD1 was perfect please it is absurd, and in DD1 it was the opposite, only elemental damage was truly interesting in 99% of cases.

And once again, comparing a finished game released years ago and finished being updated also years ago to a product still in alpha state is absurd.

@Sombrero quote:

DD1 Dps heroes were incredibly useless in comparison with builders, let's stop say DD1 was perfect please it is absurd, and in DD1 it was the opposite, only elemental damage was truly interesting in 99% of cases.

Completely depends on which stage of the game.  For a while, DPS heroes were strong and hybrids were king.

@Sombrero quote:

And once again, comparing a finished game released years ago and finished being updated also years ago to a product still in alpha state is absurd.

Iunno, release DD1 was probably more feature-bare than DD2 is now.  We've doubled the hero roster, for Pete's sake.  Again, it feels really unhelpful to indefinitely use the Alpha excuse as a catch-all shield against criticism.

Elemental damage on weapons should do SOMETHING special (lightning - stun,fire - chance to burn, earth - crushing blows, ect) and placing points into elemental damage should scale really well. The downside SHOULD BE that it does less damage to enemies with resistances. That would make for a more interesting gameplay choice and mechanic. So, slightly higher damage than physical, some utility and more likely to be countered by resistant mobs.

It is not an "alpha excuse",it is a fact, developers made the choice to develop the game as it is released in early access to have constant feedback from the players and take the right direction. 

DD1 once released was the final product DD2 in his current state is not the final product and it is only to the devs to decide it I don't get why people don't understand this. And it is futile to say DD2 has more content so it feels more like a final product. The game has obvious flaws and feedback is constructive but constant comparison with DD1 with a whiny background noise is counter productive.  If you don't like something say it in a constructive way but saying it was better to play dps in DD1 is the most absurd thing ever to say, it was clunky and boring as hell, no wonder the barbarian was disliked because he was stuck to dps only. Give devs time for balancing, I agree that elemental power is not satisfying and so are a lot of other things. But game is free to play has already a lot of content and is not in release state so why not being happy instead of seeing the glass half empty? 

@Sombrero quote:

It is not an "alpha excuse",it is a fact, developers made the choice to develop the game as it is released in early access to have constant feedback from the players and take the right direction. 

DD1 once released was the final product DD2 in his current state is not the final product and it is only to the devs to decide it I don't get why people don't understand this. And it is futile to say DD2 has more content so it feels more like a final product. The game has obvious flaws and feedback is constructive but constant comparison with DD1 with a whiny background noise is counter productive.  If you don't like something say it in a constructive way but saying it was better to play dps in DD1 is the most absurd thing ever to say, it was clunky and boring as hell, no wonder the barbarian was disliked because he was stuck to dps only. Give devs time for balancing, I agree that elemental power is not satisfying and so are a lot of other things. But game is free to play has already a lot of content and is not in release state so why not being happy instead of seeing the glass half empty? 

The problem I have with your argument is the developers HAVE been getting constant feedback and ignoring a lot of it. Towers that have been broken since public release, still remain so after a year. Instead of focusing on balancing the initial heroes so they are in a good place and feel right, they have release 4 new heroes. Those heroes ALSO have lots of design flaws and issues. Look at the lavamancer for example. The game also has problems with the core game not being very fun or rewarding. Boring itemization, lackluster progression with skill spheres, pets that are pretty much worthless (unless you were lucky enough to grab a monthly), passives that are horrible or boring, spheres that aren't even worth consideration. The list goes on and on... the game continues to be rushed with new content instead of refining and making the old stuff better.

I understand from a business standpoint they need to continue to be profitable, but there are just some really bad design decisions (and management) being made here. It feels like they just don't really have a vision or know what they are doing. The game feels soulless. I honestly wish this game had less community influence and the developers did a little soul searching on what they really want this game to be. DD1 was a better more complete, unique package. Maybe this free to pay business model was a bad call (I think it was). 

I disagree with you, they took a bit too long to realize their mistakes but they clearly did and keep saying it in devstreams. They can't revamp the game in two weeks it requires time to make it work. It was supposed to be a MOBA and they listened to the community and changed their mind. They know what the flaws are and have surprises in store let's just see how they tackle stuff. 

And two last things. You can't say that the lavamancer is badly designed it is a very original character with a unique resource management, interesting defenses and a cool look. It is still too bugged for now but the design is really cool I think. 

And lastly you have to understand that they are not focusing on heroes INSTEAD of the game, they are not all working on heroes at all and a big part of it is already done from the characters they made for the moba, 7 characters of the current 8 were in the moba and the abyss lord is pretty close to some characters planned before. They are working on reworking everything you talked about, it is being worked on the campaign revamp is the first step towards it.  They lost a bit their track in late 2015 but i think they are back on track and are doing a great job. 

Elemental Damage is basically a tax on the possible passives that come with it, I think.  I use a water gun on my gunwitch, but not for the elemental damage. I use it because of its 12% chance to drench which goes along nicely with the storm gloves' lightning bolts for electrocuting things, and even then I should probably just switch to a gun with AP or CDamage instead.

DD1 was far from a perfect game, but the overall mechanics with stats in general were far more interesting and why the devs went away from that path is beyond me. You would think DD2 would have taken everything that was great in DD1 and expanded on it rather than tossing almost the entire forumla out the window. So many loved DD1 for how crazy and hectic it was. All the stats allowed for far more flexibility in growth and growth was far more noticeable because of the stat system in general. But the stat system didnt make heroes op considering there were enemies that could completely ruin your entire build if you werent paying attention.

It does currently feel like it's there just to slap you with another layer of RNG.

I'd like it if it scaled your basic shots the same amount Hero Damage does, but only on basic attacks. The added benefit is possible status effects and potential synergy with towers and skill at the sacrifice of more Crit Damage or Ability Power.