Throughly enjoying DD2 - have some suggestions/thoughts

As the title suggests I'm Really enjoying the game.

I'd like to say thank you to all the devs and other teams at Trendy for creating this new content...if it's still in Alpha and it's this good I'm eager to see what else you got for Beta/full launch!

For background I'm now at the NM4 farming stage (and have been for some 300+hours). 

Also, I would like to mention, this is not a moan. These are points that I think can be improved :) 

Some of them are just fine and I've provided my feedback as such.

The Dungeondefenders.com forums:

They do leave something to be desired.

I know you want to make the website/forums look like the game etc but it's a pretty horrible website in general, particularly on mobile.

Plus the text editor is not great.  For example, when making this post, I highlighted some text and pressed "header" to make it a header...it doesn't work like that it.

It creates everything on the same line as a "header".

BUT, the bold and underline functions DO work by selecting text and that has applied what you wanted.

All Heros have same power and usability:

I think we can all agree that the Abyss lord kinda broke the other hero's when it was released.

Since then the other heros have been buffed and are now able to compete with the AL.

Please keep this up and don't change it.If there is just 1 build with 1 hero it gets too boring. I think the current balance is good - I can build just about any map with just about any hero mix.

WiKi needs updating:

I'm not sure who looks after the WiKi but there are currently 6 active editors (of 217 registered).

Due to the Alpha nature of the game it's sometimes hard to understand what is the desired effect of a mechanic within game. If we had some more active editing from the Dev/Game team on expected behaviours, better descriptions etc of certain game mechanics, then it would be a lot easier to build and report bugs. 

A good example of this is the Monk equipment passive page. https://wiki.dungeondefenders2.com/wiki/Passives

It says that Karma Vortex is on all gear (apart from weapon and relic) and this is incorrect. - Just gloves.

I have just now tried to register but not received the conformation email...so can't edit right now...

Onslaught:

It needs a bit of a revamp to keep it interesting.If you can make it 200 rounds the rewards should be pretty dam high.

I personally make it to 60-80 before I get bored/idle out.

UI General stuff..

Inventory system:

Navigating through the system is not that smooth/great. It could do with some love on this part.

Searching Inventory system:

It would be awesome if I could equip my Monk, and then search for Monk passives on gear. 

Or, just search based on highest defence power/health etc. These kind of things would make it much nicer.

General UI and menus:

In general the game seems a bit...clunky?  There are thing like the game browser, seems to take quite a while to load the list and refresh things.  

The Inventory screen/system is also just a bit outdated.  I'm not underestimating the amount of work that would need to go into this to make it better/more modern, but I think it would really help. 

Auto collect filters a little broken:

Is it just me or are the lower options unable to be chosen due to a UI bug? 

e.g. the list you can choose from on what to auto-collect cannot be moved or seen properly due to the next bag down interfering with it. 

Loot system: In general the loot system needs a re-think.e.g. I should be able to auto-sell (not have to pick up and sell) all that is not legendary. 

As an end-game player I have absolutely no interest in a 700 ipwr mythical or 'lower' item that drops - just sell that stuff and give me the money please :) 

Pets:

I personally like to have all legendary pets equipped.

But as I understand it there is no benefit in doing this.  I do think that there should be a benefit of some kind as they are significantly rarer than Mythical etc. 

Much like legendary gear is better than mythical, so should legendary pets be better. 

Creeper eggs cannot drop a legendary pet:

Just seems kinda random?  Also makes roughly (very very roughly) 1/3rd of eggs that I just bin/sell due to them being useless.

I understand this is "useless to me" but still kinda odd that it cannot drop any Legendary pets.

Premium pets:

From reading it in-game it seems you can spend premium currency and there is "a chance" of getting one of the "below" pets. I'm not going to spend premium currency on a chance. 

I'd prefer a slightly higher price and have a choice of which one I want.

Leveling:

I have about 13+ chars now for different builds, defences etc. 

It's just annoying/boring that I have to lvl up a new char when I want to create a new build. I run Harb on hard mode and do it until I'm 50.

How could we change this?

In DDE (what I played before DD2) you could do 1 run of City in the cliffs on NM/HC and you'd be lvl 50 (or almost 50) by the end of it. 

This ties in with NM4 and the XP rewards not being in-line with the difficulty. e.g. any NM4 map should be giving WAyyyyyy more XP than harb on hard.

End game content:

I'm not sure exactly what needs to be done here but I think we're going in the right direction.

I'm at the point now where every map in NM4/inc can be soloed or have 4 other people join and I carry them through with my build. 

This is nice that I've got the good gear/builds...but doesn't have that much of a challenge.  I think there are some good steps being taken.e.g. - the new incursions (bling king, deamon lair etc)

We just need to keep this up by having some maps which you kinda AFK (build and then leave to win), and then some where you actively need to be doing stuff in-game. 

End game Gear/rewards:

So it seems fairly "easy" to gear for end-game by running onslaught enough times and you'll get some decent gear that will allow you to build and DPS for end game.

BUT - we now have the 750 ipwr Incursions which are significantly harder than just farming onslaught.  They are also not as easy to farm (you got to do stuff and do it often, rather than build and sit there for 8 hours).

I think that this is a good way to go as it allows most players to get into NM4 and join in.  But then those (like me) who are a bit more determined and want to progress further/have bragging rights (and larger E-*** of course) with higher iPwr can.

So thanks, keep it up! :)

Costumes/skins:

I have bought some cool skins for my huntress,monk,apt, squire and they look dam nice.

As many more as you can get the better :) And I personally prefer the premium skins (like huntress on fire, monk with lightning etc) They look awesome!

Can't really See DPS:

I think its gotten better, but when you're hitting a training dummy it's sometimes really hard to figure out what your DPS is as the numbers/colours over flow each other and so you can't see it. 

Training dummies idea:

Building on the above...I have an idea for training dummies.

I'd love to have some kind of sandbox place within the tavern or private tavern where I could request X amount of X enemy to fly or walk a set path at a set level.

e.g.I want 2 ogres and 3 bombers to walk the path and they are NM4 Inc "level".

Along the way they will interact with what ever I throw at them as they would normally in-game. 

This would be pretty cool to test DPS/Builds against certain mob types. Fairly complex idea but it would make it super cool.

Multi player permission issues (kicking etc):

The leader/session owner should be able to sell everything they want - will get rid of people who join your session and build stupid stuff.

The leader/session owner should also not be kickable. 

Leader leaving session due to Disconnected:

Would be super awesome if the leader left (due to ISP issue or something) that the game paused.

Then a 10 minute timer starts and allows only the leader to re-join that game from their end. 

OR, if the players are confident, they can all press G (or something like that) and continue without the leader. 

Alternative is, don't drop the power of defences when the leader leaves as it can be frustrating if they DC (especially during Onslaught.) 

Trading in-game:

Would be pretty cool if we could trade in-game. Would be even more cool if each player could have their own "shop" that you could advertise items for a price and people can pay you while you're offline.GuildWars2 has a good Market system in place. Something like that would be nice.

A lot of what you suggested has been done or is planned in the future actually. For example the training dummies can now display only dps (option in the menu)  since yesterday update. 

And the game still needs balance some heroes such as the monk have really less power to it. 

Xp will be much easier thanks to the late September update and so on. Though I agree with most of your points specially regarding UI and clunky feeling. And the bag system used to auto sell everything on the ground just like in DD1 BUT  they changed it to the current system to motivate people to buy bags because of free to play game, it is slightly silly but they have to get funds to finish the game and live so I'd say ok fair enough :p

I recommend you to have a look on the devstreams there is a lot of very cool info for the upcoming updates.