Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 65: September 9th, 2016

1. Frost Fire has been removed and has not had Frosty Power appropriately buffed to compensate like was advertised in the Power Surge update. Ignore or ignore?
  2. Proton Beam cause Kobolds to suicide into them. Ignore or ignore?
  3. Frostbite Towers are bugged, 90% of the time they do not work, no slow, no beam effect, no Frosty Power. Fix or ignore?
  4. Sky Guard Towers are bugged, only firing one shot at times. Fix or ignore?
  5. Does the Daily Map Bonus improve your chances of getting a 750 ipwr item from their respective maps?

Any plans for additional storage space?

Hero count has doubled since the game released, but the bag space has remained the same. Storage space is too limited.   I would buy ridiculous amounts of storage if you ever decide to extend the 16 limit (prefer a chest separate from our bags but anything would be nice at this point).  I am sure every other OCD person that plays this game would kill for some more storage space so we can keep everything neat and clutter free.

1) Is there any "quickfix" plans for balancing the game ? It is a bit boring to see proton beam and poison dart tower to dominate the meta so hard ?

2) Can we expect more legendaries for the 4 last heroes soon ?

***Inventory Management:

Is there a plan to overhaul or extend the inventory management options we currently have?

(ie. filters for primary/secondary stats)

I spend almost as much time sifting through my inventory as I do playing the game - less loot of better quality wouldn't be a bad option.  Heck, just give me coins instead of gear of blue or lesser quality and I'd be happy.

*Meta:

Any plans for changing the current meta?  PDT's rule the day, I almost never see an Apprentice being played anymore and Squires seem to be used almost exclusively for their walls (though I now use a LM for my walls; hard to say no to 1.2million hp).

*Endgame:

I realize getting the new players in is the thrust of the next update, but any thoughts on additions for endgame progression?

*Pets:
Any changes in the works for pets?  In DD1, pets seemed a lot more useful and unique. I'd spend hours farming for a specific pet with better stats.  We had pets that could heal, regen mana, do high single target damage, etc.  Now, I barely care if I even have a pet equipped.

*Trophy/Achievements

Any plans to add trophies, medals or a way to track personal achievements to our instance of the tavern?  It was cool in DD1 to have all the trophies in our tavern.  This would include a personalized (achievement based) crystal core.

*PvP

Any plans to add a PvP mode to the game, or friendly fire?  Even just a "practice" room for friends within the tavern would be fun!

*Gambits

Any plans to add a list of gambits users can choose to increase difficulty/loot potential upon map selection?  (Increased spawn speed for instance, which would be great for speeding up our untimely death).

*Re-roll Items

Any plans to implement ability to re-roll gear with stat combination of our choosing?  Something perhaps along the lines of the pet-reroll system already in place.  Maybe limited to legendary gear only.

*Weapon sounds

Any plans to change weapon sounds?  Having a shotgun to the face on the gun witch sounds more like a toy than a shotgun.  I realize there is a balance here though - as repetitive sounds of any kind can get...well, repetitive.

1) Are you going to allow us to sort our Hero Deck/List at any point? Also, being able to add a personal description to the full list would be great too. 

eg Vagnar    DPS    ipower 884 (the DPS part would be my personal memo)

2) Have you considered "unlocking" costume restrictions and allowing us to mix and match pieces across all sets we own? I'm sure there'd be some clipping nightmares, but now would be a good time to try it out I say.

Oh yeah, 

3) DD1 had a totally awesome thing in the tavern where it had all our trophies on display. Is a feature like that being looked at for Private Taverns where the hosts accolades could spruce up the joint?

4) Narwhagon!

1. Do you plan to add challenges for EV2, Gunwitch and Lavamancer like the other heroes have?

2. When will golden dragolich be released? Christmas maybe?

This is a question for the far or even non-existent future; but what game modes would each of you on the Devstream like to see added to the game? Any modes that were in DD1? Surely each of you have daydreamed once or twice about your own made-up modes - I'd really be interested to hear.

Any plans to bring some of the challenges from dd1 to dd2 like assault and the no towers (the kobold one was so fun xd). also would you ever consider bringing hardcore to dd2? As for remade maps how about the kings game map that was really fun and challenging.

1) Will you ever add Betsy, Malthius, Harbinger, or Onslaught weapons for the 4 new heroes?

2) Huntress's Charged Primary sphere does nothing at all when her new 750 iPWR bow is equipped. Why? Bug or intentional?

3) Can I please have a Skill Sphere for Two At Twice The Price? Gun Witch has 1 or 2 spheres for every ability and snipe but none for Two At Twice The Price. How about something like "Three At Thrice The Price" sphere to summon a 3rd gun that floats and fires itself magically for increased damage and Broom Power cost?

Do you have any plans to add passives for or change the Squire now that the Lavamancer's Maw of the Earth Drake outclasses Spike Blockade? (with the exception of its DU cost)

With regards to incursions and the special weapons they can drop will the Abyss Lord, Series EV2, Gunwitch and Lavamancer also have some weapons added to the table?

Will you at any point add some cool looking weapons for the Series EV2, Gunwitch and Lavamancer? I get the whole function over form argument but something that looks awesome as well would be most appreciated :D

I have never been able to put down 3 Fissures of Embermount, is this normal?

New to DD2 and DD in general. But one question. Any plans on allowing for both players in split screen to simultaneously sort their inventory? On PS4

Will you ever make it so we can hold down left mouse button to snipe on GunWitch so we do not have to keep clicking?

Would it be possible to allow us to open up inventory during a match and sell/sort items?  But items we have equipped will be locked so we can not switch items.

Would it be possible to make items disappear or auto sold that are not picked up over 4 waves? So that junk items we don't have space for during Onslaught do not screw the game up by making legendary items go to tavern due to no space left on ground I assuming why it happens?

Will it be possible to see the correct stats of other peoples towers?  As it seems it does not show the correct stats for most towers, not sure if it does not include the spheres or why it is different.

Could you remove Crit dmg/HP combo for items, for both defense and DPS.  Unless you want to make HP increase crit dmg or chance, there really is no need for that combination.
Nothing benefits from Hero HP/Hero Crit dmg combination, and the only thing that benefits from Defense HP/Defense Crit dmg combination is Proton beams because the crit dmg on them scales more then defense dmg.

Also can we get rid of limiting 1 tower per character for towers like Volcano? Either make it cost 120 and allow us to build more than 1, or limit it to 1 per map instead of per character.
As it just gets abused here is an example ( https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/139129/lava-army-build-solo-carry-build  )

What are you all not telling us about people getting old monthly pets and wyvern tokens? Please make this one of the questions >.< I am tired of suspense XD. P.S. Can I have a Mantist Striker for asking nicely? Please? >.< Please don't ignore my question on the pets and wyvern tokens XD I am curious how I got my Narwhagon and 40 wyvern tokens.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Nothing benefits from Hero HP/Hero Crit dmg combination

What about a snipe gun witch that want's to be able to collect mana without getting 1 shot? Gun Witch can get a lot of gear that increases snipe crit chance and crit damage, but I don't know if those make crit damage scale better than hero damage

Why does the "Jackpot" passive roll on builders? It only works when the character is active, and you be playing your DPS character then