Sign in to follow this  
shadow306k

Just lost a Cube in a trade. Help?

I had this happen to a coal earlier (a couple weeks ago)  It was the first time I'd had anything vanish in trade, and thankfully it was only one coal.  I'd always heard about that bug but never seen it until now.

I can confirm that this happened to Shadow306k and Guy_Monk while they were in my tavern yesterday. Both of them lost their cubes.

My theory is, lag could have been a possible cause of this bug since neither of them were the host. But to be honest I've had my fair share of items lost due to this bug regardless of lag or not since I've traded in my own tavern and those of others even with non-hosts.

Pretty sure this is just a myth -- but I've seen people add 1 or 2 mana in the trade all the time. Some have said that they haven't had this bug whenever they add a few mana to the trade(from both sides)

The problem to recreate it is extremely annoying and near impossible. And its been here since during the release day of the game. We might want to seriously consider getting someone from the Trendy Dev team to ponder upon what really causes this bug or ask for their opinion/input if they can't directly get involved.

I'm up for testing this fix you guys are talking about just to make sure no other hidden changes/side effects have appeared. Feel free to contact me about it.

@Black Mamba quote:

Pretty sure this is just a myth -- but I've seen people add 1 or 2 mana in the trade all the time. Some have said that they haven't had this bug whenever they add a few mana to the trade(from both sides)

Sadly this is a myth. After my first trade loss (a full capping Ult set ofr a Rockshatter) on Christmas Day of all days I adopted the add a mana to prevent data loss.
Since then I have been struck twice more with item losses and a counterparty lost their items on a third trade.

I started doing floor trades for high value items although I understand that this is also not without risk.

i also think that this might be a lag issue.

When I lost my coal, I think I was hosting.

well i've lost an ult++ Glad 

and an Ult++ piece 

so yea that sucks (Long time ago though)

This has also happened to me twice since 8.2 was released.  Lost 1 cube each time.  I was host one time and neither of us got any items, the other time I did it in someone's AFK shop and they got they got my cube, but I didn't get anything.

Does anyone remember this happening to them in 8.1?  I don't recall seeing any issues while we were on 8.1

It never happened to me in 8.1.  The only time it's happened to me so far was in 8.2. 

@kg4q quote:

well i've lost an ult++ Glad 

and an Ult++ piece 

so yea that sucks (Long time ago though)

guys i just found my ult++ piece it was on my dps summoner (ik i,m stupid for not checking) :P

but i still lost my glad 

@gunnerq69 quote:

This has also happened to me twice since 8.2 was released.  Lost 1 cube each time.  I was host one time and neither of us got any items, the other time I did it in someone's AFK shop and they got they got my cube, but I didn't get anything.

Does anyone remember this happening to them in 8.1?  I don't recall seeing any issues while we were on 8.1

i remember someone each time he host a game a cube appear in his shop but that's the opposite of what your looking for :P