Sign in to follow this  
turkeyspit

70's into Nightmare Mode

I hope you all can help.  My wife and I picked up DD1 a few months ago, and we now have a host of LV 70 builders and DPSers.

I have a LV74 Ranger in ghetto-mythic gear I farmed from Endless Spires, with Mythic bow from Assault Challenge Pt1.  The rest of our toons are 70-72.  We have zero challenge tackling Insane level content - we just recently got the achievement for going all campaign maps + Glitter on Insane.  Thing is, we can't even touch Nightmare.

I'm working to farm mythic gear from Spires, and we're (painfully) trying to level our builders to 74 to wear it.  What advice can you guys give to make this work better?  It seems like all the advice I see about leveling, etc, involves Nightmare.

While I appreciate many of you may suggest buying items from AFK shops or getting powerl eveled, we'd rather avoid that. As tempting as it is to buy a Kobold on a Treadmill, I'd rather earn one (at least the first). When we got our first Giraffe it was such a rush (now I have a few for sale in my store)

So, your advice on:

- how to (quickly) level our sub-LV 74 builders. 

- how to farm Mythic Weapons.  (I've done all the challenges and  such on Insane, and the weapons drop with +10 or so to each stat - hardly an upgrade from a decent Godly)

Appreciate the help.

Couple easier things to do would be to run moonbase or lab assault  

Moonbase you can get a good fish in a bowl pet from insane if you can hit the 2 buttons and do the ddr machine  

Lab assault can be run a few times on insane to get some better myth gear  

For leveling you may want to try tinkers lab. Some have run it on NM and just did the first wave.  However insane gives decent XP as well  

I started from scratch when testing the latest patch and discovered that post campaign maps can reward Mythical gear for completion even on very low difficulty levels. I know Palantir, Tavern Defense, and Moonbase all reward mythical gear of varying levels of quality on Medium difficulty.  I think I even got a mythical from easy Palantir, not that it was much better than a godly. 

I'd say Tavern Defense might be a good one for you to try because it does have good xp. Moonbase tended to reward better myths. 

I should mention that all the drops on the ground will be complete garbage, I only did these maps for the map completion rewards.

Oh and for leveling, if you aren't already using an emulator be sure to get one. Or if you have controllers lying around that you can plug in, that works too.

Glitterhelm Insane is a great way to level up fast,But it can get pretty slow around 78,by then you should start going to Tavern Defence(Insane or Nightmare is fine,skip the boss wave if it's too hard)

As for gear,Usually I'd just run Spires survival on nmhc for Mythic gear,Good Kobolds can be obtained from Insane HC TD

And Akatiti InHC is good once you get around 2k stats and good dps(I'd recommend using DPS monk and Speccing into HBoost heavily)

Moonbase is also good for farming tower pets,Fish in a Bowl is a very decent pet to have

Finally,Always get set bonuses(By matching leather pieces together,or plate with other plate,etc)

Hope this helps

Hey all, I appreciate the advice.

We ran some Glitterhelm Insane HC runs last night for the map rewards to upgrade our weapons.  We're pretty comfortable with the setup, and were even able to DPS with our builders, so we may see how that works.  It seemed like we were getting really good XPs.

Not sure about Tavern Defense.  We tried that a bit ago and got seriously rolled, but we have leveled up a bit since then so we may give it another go.

For Moonbase and Lab Assault, aren't those like LV 80 and above maps?  I took my Mythic Hunter into Lab for a looksee and couldn't even DPS down one of the turrets.

We're going to start focusing on the Eternia Shards maps.  We got roflstomped by the Spider Queen last time we tried Misty, but now I understand we have to kill her spiderlings to make her vulnerable, so should go better lol.

I'm still running Spires NMHC Round 1 to farm gear for now, and we'll see where it takes us.  I do know that running Insane Survival with Mix + Match can yield Mythic drops after wave 15 or so, even on the campaign maps. 

Turkey -

Lab can be challenging if you dont know how to do it. You need a BF Drill for Area of Effect damage, and then you need a route to avoid all the turrets. The BF Drill lets you shoot through walls and kills the crystals without getting too close. This lets you avoid all the defenses.

Bf Drill is the reward as a huntress for Volcanic Eruption which is the challenge for Talay Mining Complex.

There are people around who can show you how to do the level. :)

Keep at it!

Let me know if you need any help or anything.

Hey all,

Thanks again for the advice.

So we discovered what everyone has already said, that Glitter is a great place to farm XPs.  Soon as we had an easy strat in place, we were able to bang out a run in 15mins or so, having our alt toons in after Wave 3 to get XPs.  We now have all our builders up to LV 74 and wearing Mythic gear (farmed from Spires), which makes a bit of a difference.  Couldn't believe the range on our Monk auras haha.

We're working on Sky City atm; we've already farmed the first 3 shards.

Dave: Yeah, I've watched the vids on Lab Assault, and know about the BF Drill.  That is one of a few challenges we have yet to do. I think we might tackle that soon after Sky City.