Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

[Suggestion] Reduce Damage Number text size.

Or at least give an option to reduce it by introducing a slider in the options menu. So people can increase decrease it to their liking.
HUD size/scale can be increased and decreased, and it's only logical that in-game text size should be decrease-able or increase-able as well.

While on the topic of damage number text, can we have it so that the DPS and Damage dealt text pop-ups are always on top of the current damage, in Tavern? Right now the current damage being dealt(white text+colored) completely overlaps the DPS and DMG text(yellow) And if you are dealing physical + elemental damage then it becomes extremely frustrating to see the exact number of DPS.

Also shift the map info text(Bonus: Tavern Defense, Difficulty: Nightmare.....) thingy to the top left side of the Tavern HUD. Currently where it's at, it makes it even harder to see the DMG and DPS yellow texts.

Suggestion by Plane:

Can we have damage numbers off, but on for the tavern dummy? Every time I turn damage numbers off, I end up turning them back on for the tavern dummy, and then I forget to turn them off again.

This is what I mean by overlapping:

laM1bhR.jpg

Yes, sometimes the yellow numbers are impossible to see :-(

hVVrhjo.jpg

Related request:

Can we have damage numbers off, but on for the tavern dummy?  Every time I turn damage numbers off, I end up turning them back on for the tavern dummy, and then I forget to turn them off again.

Can we have damage numbers off, but on for the tavern dummy? Every time I turn damage numbers off, I end up turning them back on for the tavern dummy, and then I forget to turn them off again.

[[157616,users]] That is a great suggestion, I agree! Although a text slider would be nice. As sometimes having the damage text enabled in maps helps by letting you know that your hits are being registered from long. But with the current text size at close range its a nightmare to see anything properly!

I'd also add another suggestion(will add your point and my new one in the OP as well) --
Shift the map info text(Bonus: Tavern Defense, Difficulty: Nightmare..... thingy) to the top left side of the Tavern HUD. Currently where it's at, it makes it even harder to see the DMG and DPS yellow texts.

HUD size/scale can be increased and decreased, and it's only logical that in-game text size should be decrease-able or increase-able as well.

All of the problems seeing yellow numbers on the tavern dummy could be solved if yellow numbers were always on top of the other numbers (and potentially on top of the "Bonus: Tavern Defense" etc. text as well).

Yeah the "Map Info" text is weirdly placed in the middle. It can be shifted to Top left corner with a smaller font and that maybe help solve the overlays. But still I'm pretty adamant that a text size increase/decrease slider is very much needed.

1) When originally reducing text size and adding the "damage" field to the dummy report, moving the report text was explored (and was moved slightly). It was found to have multiple issues that were not resolvable and so it was changed to stay visible longer (4x hit damage text IIRC) and moved slightly upwards.

Any further movement introduced issues with it spawning offscreen and then being immediately culled for melee heroes (if the text is not onscreen when it is spawned, it doesn't show when you look back at it). Since many weapons are tested at melee distances and a number of abilities take camera control away from the player, this was actually quite an issue when we were playing around with it.

2) On hit text is sized to be readable from a reasonable distance since it is drawn smaller the further away from the player the hit occurred. A setting is a possible addition that will be considered

3) Yellow report text cannot be changed to be always infront of other text. This is something that was explored and found to be something the CDT doesn't have the access to change

4) Having the damage numbers setting not affect the dummy is probably not possible for similar reasons to #3 but will verify this

So in short, base-damage text size can't be reduced?

What about the "Map-Info" text? Can that be moved tot he top-left and reduced in text size?

It can be reduced, but it is unlikely we will further reduce the default size (because it becomes unreadable for ranged weapons very quickly). A setting may be added for user preference.

Map Info text is not nailed down by anything and has been noted for consideration

I mean a text size setting slider for those who want smaller text wouldn't hurt, have the current size as max. And a slider to make it 3-4x smaller or anywhere in between.

Do consider moving the "Map Info" text as well, it's just a static text with no effect on gameplay having it shift with a smaller size on Top Left corner(currently the only corner left that has space) will kind of make the DPS/DMG yellow text somewhat readable.