Sign in to follow this  
whaaaah

10k medal for old monthly pets

@Skyaliciouse quote:

there are already too many things in the game that we require medals for. it should be 5k not 10k.

Nope, it shouldn't. They should be expensive and you should be overwhelmed with the amount of things you can buy with medals. Medals are strictly in game currency, if you want to save buy heroes / slots with gems. 

They should just sell the monthly pet abilities for 5k. Like a upgrade item. You use it on any pet and bam it has that ability. Selling old monthly pets is not cool.

@Pegazul quote:

They should just sell the monthly pet abilities for 5k. Like a upgrade item. You use it on any pet and bam it has that ability. Selling old monthly pets is not cool.

→ Many +1's for such a simple, yet amazing idea! That way, the people who took the time to grind out the monthlies from forever ago will still have a one-time, no-longer-available pet-skin + Players who didn't finish the monthly in time, or who weren't around when the monthly was going on have access to a means of removing the relative-uselessness of non-monthly pets! Honestly, I think all parties involved would benefit from that solution

Non-monthly pets are not useless. Every builder I have uses a non-monthly pet. Why would I put a monthly pet with a unique ability on a hero that will never use that ability?

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

"Non-monthly pets are not useless."

→ "Relative-uselessness" ** . Not all non-monthly pet abilities are useless, but a large majority of them are a lot less useful than the abilities of monthly pets -- from what I understand to be a pretty large pool of rollable pet abilities (I think there's like 30+), the only useful ones for non-monthly pets that I can think of off the top of my head are Curse Aura, Sandstorm, & maybe Stranglethorn. From what I've seen, any pet ability whose effectiveness depends on some kind of numeric value (namely the shielding / damaging abilities) all scale horribly at end-game difficulty, so we're pretty much limited to enemy-CCing, or minor, temporary Tower boosts (which is fine -- I'd just like to see more viable options!)

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

"...Every builder I have uses a non-monthly pet. Why would I put a monthly pet with a unique ability on a hero that will never use that ability?"

→ You wouldn't, since a lot of the monthly pet abilities seem to have been designed for use by DPS Heroes. But I think the option to buy a learned-ability item with Defender Medals as Pegazul mentioned would be a nice addition for Players who missed out on the Monthly quests, without sacrificing the feeling of "uniqueness" for the Players who were around for the Monthlies (i.e. the pet itself would still be unique).

→ I can understand both sides of the coin here ; I'm just stating an opinion

I think pets should be map specific bonuses for clearing maps on a high difficulty. Higher than we have now obviously. Like an Apocalypse Edition of each map. I don´t like the idea of "buying" the way to glory.

→ Hmm, has anyone suggested the implementation of a DD1-esque Survival-mode, that rewards Players with a map-specific pet at a specific wave #? (i.e. in DD1, most of the map-specific pets were awarded at wave 15, and then an additional, higher-potential-stat pet would be awarded to Players who reached the Survival wave cap). That might help to increase the variety of the currently-small pool of farmed maps at end-game.

@Skyaliciouse quote:

there are already too many things in the game that we require medals for. it should be 5k not 10k.

I disagree, I think people need to make choices and maybe stick to their old heroes rather then buying the new hero every month, then they would have plenty of medals like me.

@Jubileus, The Creator quote:

I think it's a supid idea. It was an monthly reward and you missed it twice... end of story. I would rather have the normal pets buffed or new ability upgrades, by actually completing some "hard" challenges.

"Ahh, the great Jubileus himself has spoken and thinks the OP's comment is stupid, therefore we all might as well stop offering further suggestions..."

→ (P.S. I only respond with snarky comments TO comments that I think are snarky themselves)

I think it's a supid idea. It was an monthly reward and you missed it twice... end of story. I would rather have the normal pets buffed or new ability upgrades, by actually completing some "hard" challenges.

Well not everyone was able to exploit the game for multiple pets (dragolich in your instance) so some would like them. After all the game is in Alpha and to keep such game changing things locked behind release is also "supid." But I agree with pandynator on 1st page, about maybe chest drop.

@g_cracka88 quote:

"Ahh, the great Jubileus himself has spoken and thinks the OP's comment is stupid, therefore we all might as well stop offering further suggestions..."

→ (P.S. I only respond with snarky comments TO comments that I think are snarky themselves)

I apologize for having a diffrent opinion, I did not mean to offend you. What I meant was, that this is indeed an exceptional, fascinating idea. It would also bring me quite the pleasure, if we could obtain equipment by spending gold while we at it.

How about 10K for a monthly egg and a chance it could hatch into any one of the previous monthly pets but once you have that pet you won't get it again.

You have 3 purple dragoliches, I've never seen that before on anyone. 

@g_cracka88 quote:

I apologize for having a different opinion, I did not mean to offend you. What I meant was, that this is indeed an exceptional, fascinating idea. It would also bring me quite the pleasure, if we could obtain equipment by spending gold while we at it.

→ Assuming you were being genuine, I appreciate the response, thank you. I do not feel insulted personally, and I actually quite enjoy hearing people's opinions that differ from my own! However, it is quite possible to disagree with someone's idea / thought without calling it "stupid", or effectively downplaying an entire thread by saying that the there is no use discussing a topic further (which is more-or-less what you insinuated with your "...end of story" remark).

→ I would follow by saying that I agree with the 2nd part of your post about increasing the usefulness of DD2's "Gold" currency (because I do think gold should have additional use to Players on end-game), but I honestly couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic and mocking me (sarcasm doesn't translate well over the internet...).

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Skyaliciouse quote:

I disagree, I think people need to make choices and maybe stick to their old heroes rather then buying the new hero every month, then they would have plenty of medals like me.

I'm not going to gate myself with this ideology. You can do it if that's your thing, but I want to play other heroes too. 

What is the point of medals for pets or heroes at all then?

Adding a choice to a grind is not changing the dynamic at all, this is not an ideology switch its a "difficulty" or "rarety" ramp up. By adding choice all you are doing is increasing the grind, but it is in no way a ideology switch.

I understand if you do not want pets/heroes to be harder to obtain, but thats a very different position to have, thats more of a hardcore verses casual debate then anything (though I dislike those terms intensely).