Sign in to follow this  
dreamanime

I like the New Hero

A few days ago i bought the Buggermancer. After creating the first i had the first bug already, after switching away from him, a second bug. I thought to myself "what a wonderfull (world) start".

So i tested out the potential of him on lvl 1 fast to see what he can offer, and i fell in love. On lvl 1 without anything and how the gods made him he already had the potential for doing million dps, he has even one absolut free tower which he can place twice and which can do a good amount of damage (not on lvl 1 tho). He also could increase the defenses damage to over 1m dps with easy. I was like "Hell yeah this will be fun". So I took off to enjoy the tale of the new Buggermancer.

After reaching 50 and finaly testing out some spheres and passives, i can't even fathom how deep and unique and multiple these bugs are which he brings with him. Skill spheres not working, skills working the reverse way they are mentioned and partial not working at all, passives on gear REDUCING stats on towers, skills increasing tower stats where they shouldn't also skills reducing tower attacks making them stop attacking. It was just all mindblowing all these new discoveries.

So many tasty new bugs, gobu.

How do you guys and girls play him?

@Zimmermann quote:

report each bug individually through the in game report tool as well as on the forums or we wont see any fixes any time soon. 

Hahahahahahaha :d man thats a good joke tho Xd. Gobu gobu gobu.

Bug fixes? :_D. muahahahahahahahaha, gobu gobu.

I go back playing and and enjoying this tasty meal.

If you don't report them, how can you expect them to get fixed?

QA can't catch every bug, so please report any bugs you find. 

@dreamanime quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

report each bug individually through the in game report tool as well as on the forums or we wont see any fixes any time soon. 

Hahahahahahaha :d man thats a good joke tho Xd. Gobu gobu gobu.

It might be a joke to you, but every bug thus far that I have reported has been fixed bar one.
Maybe I am luck, and the only player they listen to, but I doubt that based on their last list of bug fixes that was as long as my arm.

@chesticles quote:

If you don't report them, how can you expect them to get fixed?

QA can't catch every bug, so please report any bugs you find. 

:d I am not at work!

I also don't expect them to get fixed, this hope i gave up long ago.

I do agree that the QA can't catch every bug, because that would require a QA in the first place XD.

But i will probably do a compilation of bugs for him too, like with the EV2 and just see how it will be ignored mostly =). At last the carneval mask for EV2 was fixed tho :d.

@Zimmermann quote:

It might be a joke to you, but every bug thus far that I have reported has been fixed bar one.
Maybe I am luck, and the only player they listen to, but I doubt that based on their last list of bug fixes that was as long as my arm.

You are indeed lucky tho. =) I probably should open a "player leaving game (insert steam player shard statistic) because of bugs" topic instead. Stuff is even known bugs arn't fixed before he was released. Why report when it is a known issue? The whole how bugs are handled part is the biggest thing i dislike from trendy. That's what i stated more then one time and will do it too. You know they have over 700-800 bugs in their system, reported and not fixed, some 1-2 years old. Some of these might even be the cause for bugs we have now.

And stuff is when multiple different people reporting even the same issue and the only thing you hear is "Oh we didn't know about it".

You can kinda ignore me btw on that, when it comes to Bugs and Trendy my green goblin eyes turning red, really. Don't get me wrong tho. I do like trendy and all the mods here, they are awesome and work very hard for the community, but when it comes to bugs they either have negative member amount in their QA section or there is a trashbin under the desk where nobody can see them for now.

edit: General rule for the "bug fix list of an patch" 1/3-1/4 of these mentioned are not fixed. I often retested these when i noticed some i know, but sadly most of the time they were not fixed even if it was stated. Which kinda makes me wonder why they are on the list. It might be to save time and they attempt a fix but its not tested if it is truly fixed. I have seen that many times and then it is just declared as fixed. I think this is actually pretty rude, and doubles and triples the work which player put in to report bugs in the first place. Because other will report it again and then later even more, taking away their playtime. Giving them an unenjoyable experience too. Also the one who initialy reported it kinda feeling down if that happens to often and they might gave up, have seen that more then enough and it happened to me too.

I for my part love finding bugs. That's why i do it in so many games, and i even report them for most games because i like to help a game out. Often it is also a nice way to connect to the devs and they do appreciate it really. I do it for 17 years now after all, but the part here on trendy is, it absolut does not feel rewarding. It does not feel rewarding as in a bug may not even get fixed in a year, or in any other way. How they handle the whole issue is mostly discouraging to be honest. The whole bug forum part is also a mess because of that. But if trendy has the community already as the main QA, then at last invest abit time into managing this area. A Bug list or overview of the known or mentioned bugs. So people can look up whats still unfixed, saving their time too. It's just meh, all so meh, not even gobu.

Explain these bugs in more detail so others can test and report them too if you not.  What specific passives reduce tower stats?
bugs in patches are nothing new. Some one with that many posts should know.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Explain these bugs in more detail so others can test and report them too if you not.  What specific passives reduce tower stats?
bugs in patches are nothing new. Some one with that many posts should know.

:d No definitiv don't know duuh. But that amount is what ticks me off, and that i know they let some in intentional because pushing out stuff is better then just fixing.

No worries i will report them, its just very depressing again, like with EV2. The huge amount of bugs he has is just ... way to high. And after a few days i am sure i just scratched the top of them. I literally found only the entrance of the Bug Lair. I actually just tried to gear my first 2 buggermancer and found another whole lot!!! I could cry and will do so tomorrow and start reporting them. Because if i don't do i will just forget them... they are so many *sights*.

In some cases the Crystalised Magma passive is turning the buff around. It will reduce the HP of Vulcano and Maw. In some cases it also turned the whole DEF Health on an item around, and reduced it from the defenses. I wonder if i actually can get a negative value of health with that on my towers. Just need to understand how this works.

I understand your frustration.

I play monk mostly, which I think everyone on the forum already knows.

I sat through months on end of being so utterly underpowered I could not complete content others were AFKing through with the Abyss Lord. The content was simply impossible.

Then I got enough gear to be able to do it by basically leeching public games, well I had a strong DPS squire, but I couldnt ever build public (I still cant by the way, but I can build solo and complete all the hardest incursions that way on NM4). 

They then Nerfed Lightning Auras (my main defense damage tower, the other being SGTs) with a bug by mistake, that took about 3 weeks to fix, I was doing 25% less damage, so content I had just started to be able to farm was now impossible again. Finaly the buff came! and I could win maps! but not easily as the buff was about 1.5k dps increase for me, from about 3k to 4.5k (now 5.1k).
Just think I was doing bastille nm4 incursion without EV2, Abyss Lord, gunwitch or PDTs with 4.5k dps Lightning auras!! and a flamethrower squire dps with just 400 move speed sphere. 

A while later they released Molten Citadel once I had my 1.5mil dps Monk, thats 1.5mil with Dracolitch on a stationary target that I have been precasting on for 15seconds! and they break the weapon that allows me to do that, 15s of precasting gets me 23k dps about 22.5k of which is the basic monk attack, the weapon effect was hitting for one damage and critting for two damage!. They have now fixed it, but in the process nerfed it by 700k dps on my burst. meanwhile Gunwitchs and some defenses are spiking at over 1-3million.

I am therefore forced to solo Molten Citadel with my DPS squire that requires 3-4 boulders to do 5 million damage to end a phase, not helped by the fact my anti air consists of 4 Sky Guard towers that require being upgraded twice with a Boost Aura to have any chance of killing air unites, leaving my walls and Lightning Aura/frosty towers massively under powered due to no mana to spend on LAs/Walls.

But with all that said, the game is improving, I am experiencing less bugs and I am able to complete content with Heroes I enjoy playing rather then being forced to play the META.

The question was asked - how do you play your lavamancer?

I stand in one spot and auto-attack with a weapon to life leach.

Exciting? No, not one bit.

I've been loving mine so far. I admittedly haven't done a lot of stat checking for bugs, but his actual playstyle surprised me. I learned the advantage to using expensive towers means you can max them out sooner, and mixing DPS with Eruption tower boosting (I'm avoiding hyper speed Maw exploit until I know it's here to stay or not). Also like the lack of root motion and the huge speed boost in moleman mode.