Trendy doesnt seem to care

Apparently they don't seem to care about the state of their forums or what kind of users post on it. I haven't seen them take any action about bad users except for the spam bots that occasionally get in. I've seen countless post after post from certain users who are just down right disrespectful and don't even try to be civil; They just sit there typing horrible posts while laughing at people and trendy does nothing about them.

This forum doesnt even have a report feature...which in my 12 years of being on the internet I have NOT seen on any forum. It is a necessity to report bad content to the moderators. We cant even do that. We cant even make a post about reporting a user. We have to private message a mod. Do you know how unreliable that is? It could take a week or more for them to see it if at all and we wont even know if they see it or not.

This needs to change Trendy. We cant have a good community if we cant get rid of the bad users.

Stop trying to censor people. You must not be American. We value freedom of speech here. I have a pretty good idea of who you are referring to. I don't agree with what they are saying but I do agree with their ability to say it. If you don't want to read their posts, you don't have to.

Yeah the forums were "hand crafted" and a lot of basic forum features and options are not available. At this point I'd love us to switch but to do so would lose pretty much everything here.

If mods don't respond you can always message me. I read every message sent in as long as I'm not on vacation, I may not respond but I do read. If someone is causing issues I'll stop it for sure but I sadly don't have enough time currently to watch the forums daily so people will need to point things out to me.

A couple things worth noting:

• Isom is more passionate about this community than any other community manager I know. Saying that they don't care is not only incorrect, it's kind of insulting.
  • He is just as frustrated with the community platform as you and I.
  • I do agree that a reporting feature is long overdue. There is likely a very good reason for it, because it was identified as a major issue the very same day this new community platform was rolled out (which was like, what, over a year ago?)
  • I also agree that mods are more hesitant to ban players here than in other communities; While I'm not a mod, I would take no issue if 1-3 day bans were dished out much more frequently.

→ You can say whatever you want about the state of DD2 itself, but please don't say that Trendy does not care about their game, the Forums for their game, or us Players (I vent my frustrations at DD2 all the time ;D but there's no reason to say anything bad about the Developers themselves!) -- from what I've seen, they listen and respond to Forums-poster to the best of their ability. However, they're a relatively small Team of employees, so they moderate things when they get chances!

I would like to apologize for letting you guys down.

The forums should be a place where you can express your thoughts, ideas, builds, etc about the game, negative or positive, without having to worry about being attacked or trolled. I'll be more vigilant in the future.

Sorry fam.

@chesticles quote:

I would like to apologize for letting you guys down.

The forums should be a place where you can express your thoughts, ideas, builds, etc about the game, negative or positive, without having to worry about being attacked or trolled. I'll be more vigilant in the future.

Sorry fam.

Same goes for me. I couldn't have said it better. 

Also, because there is no report function on the forums, we have to use the private messages to report issues to the mods. I know its far from perfect but its the only way. I check my messages multiple times throughout the day and any issues that are reported to me will be dealt with asap.

I follow and handful of games. Trendy definitely cares, and much more so than most. Small teams can't be everywhere and do everything. It's on us to help the process and provide feedback instead of just coming here to demoralize each other. We're all guilty of being a bit outspoken, but there are limits.

That said, I too wouldn't object to a bit less forgiveness towards certain behaviors. People should be able to express their opinions, and sometimes it can be a bit aggressive, and that's fine (passion is passion), but people that are here just to pick fights should do so elsewhere.

Ice, Josh, the moderators, and other community folks here do a fantastic job and have done for years. They really do care and deserve our thanks.

I think the mods here do a really good job though.

And I have seen alot myself, so i know too. Dani is obviously the best, alone for this awesome picture, gobu.

I think this whole topic was mostly a reaction to a certain someone that wasn't dealt with as quickly as TC would have liked lol.

You can always message a mod if you have any issues. My message box has been mostly empty for a long time outside of a small handful of reports.

(We've been begging for a post report option for a long time but Duxter or whatever they're called now has been dragging their feet)

The problem with the moderation is that they are all on a set timezone and there is a huge gap of when they go to sleep and when they are active again moderating the forums. People have brought this up countless times and surprise, surprise they are ignored.

A good example of this is all the spam threads that come up which is a huge task in itself to clear up, howevr it takes hours for the mods to even notice. Moderation has been poor lately in general.

Trendy staff do a fine job at keeping things in check when they are on. No disagreeing there.

However are quadruple posts are a new thing now?

The moderation has been appalling lately from non Trendy employees. Having a report button will not save that. How about you actually stay active on the forum. It's not hard if you try.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

The problem with the moderation is that they are all on a set timezone and there is a huge gap of when they go to sleep and when they are active again moderating the forums. People have brought this up countless times and surprise, surprise they are ignored.

I was going to mention this if you didn't... And some of them are up EARLY.

I live in the GMT+0 zone and the forum's spam usually start getting deleted around 11 AM. Catching every person that should be banned in the forums in a matter of minutes is also pretty much impossible in any community. Assuming they all live in the US which is around 4-5 hours earlier, getting up at 6-7 AM to clean up the mess in the forums doesnt show a bit of dedication? I highly doubt their offices open up at 7 AM just to clear the damn forums so they're technically working overtime to keep the spam to a minimum xD

@Pneuma quote:

Apparently they don't seem to care about the state of their forums or what kind of users post on it. I haven't seen them take any action about bad users except for the spam bots that occasionally get in. I've seen countless post after post from certain users who are just down right disrespectful and don't even try to be civil; They just sit there typing horrible posts while laughing at people and trendy does nothing about them.

This forum doesnt even have a report feature...which in my 12 years of being on the internet I have NOT seen on any forum. It is a necessity to report bad content to the moderators. We cant even do that. We cant even make a post about reporting a user. We have to private message a mod. Do you know how unreliable that is? It could take a week or more for them to see it if at all and we wont even know if they see it or not.

This needs to change Trendy. We cant have a good community if we cant get rid of the bad users.

Trendy plz add a report function so I can report this guy. thx baes 

Kappa

I, for one, would be completely fine with losing all existing posts to get on a more robust, standardized forum backend. Best to just pay the price now and get it over with now, there is never going to be a more optimal time. Not like the old posts are that valuable anyways because the search functionality is so limited.

BTW the DUXTER link at the bottom, "Powering next-gen gaming communities", links to a non-functional site.

@Skyaliciouse quote:

I have a suggestion though (since ideally we should be messaging the mods), can we have a list of mods on the Community tab? :P So it's easier to access them. Unless there's already an easy method to contact them then nvm (I always think I have to find them comment or I don't know how to use the forums)

There is a thread at the top of each forum section that says "Welcome: Please Read!!" and in the thread there is a list of moderators with a link to our profiles  

@RaNgErZ-BERT quote:
@Skyaliciouse quote:

I have a suggestion though (since ideally we should be messaging the mods), can we have a list of mods on the Community tab? :P So it's easier to access them. Unless there's already an easy method to contact them then nvm (I always think I have to find them comment or I don't know how to use the forums)

There is a thread at the top of each forum section that says "Welcome: Please Read!!" and in the thread there is a list of moderators with a link to our profiles  

Everybody knows we don't read those threads... we should, but we don't

1581481.jpg

@Kavad quote:

I, for one, would be completely fine with losing all existing posts to get on a more robust, standardized forum backend. Best to just pay the price now and get it over with now, there is never going to be a more optimal time. Not like the old posts are that valuable anyways because the search functionality is so limited.

Well, maybe I'm the jerk here, but I don't really care about your opinion on a forum wipe when you only have 3 posts before this. You're not exactly invested in the forums like some people are. You've barely used the forums.

Why the flipping duck would anyone want to be civil on a dungeon defender boards????  Hhahah I have. To be. Civil everyday in life at. Work,the wife,kids,job,everywhere!!!! Grooww a set of balls u 40 year-olds virgins and. Stop being. Lil females...LMAO dungeon defender fkkn. Forum wantsbto be civil I'm dying here....maybe if the majority. On here wernt. Complete know it all Moran's I could. Be civil..LMAO just like majority ppl online horrible

About a potential forum wipe: I cannot find my old posts/threads anyway because the basic feature of seeking old posts/threads through user profiles is not available.

I think TE's announcements could be copied.

I think i would just report any goblin hater. Gobu. So the mods can try to convince them to turn to the green side. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png