Sign in to follow this  
mindlessdefender

Idle Flow Passive is very confusing, please change?

From what I read the lower the % the better, which is very confusing especially for new players, as all stats in this game are based on being higher the better.
Instead of going from 60% to 85%  Why not instead change to 15%-40% slow?

Unless I am wrong and higher % is better?  Any one confirm?  As u see even I am not 100% certain my self that is how confusing it is.

yeah idle flow is the one passive where the lower the number, the better lol

i think it works a lil diff than normal slows, in a wierd way, like, it changes the enemy speed to that % of what it normall is, while other towers just plain take away a % of the enemies current speed, so a 30% slow frosty would take 100 speed enemies to 70, 30 speed off. While 100 speed enemy in SA with idle flow of 70% changes the 100 speed enemy to 70 speed, then Frosty takes 30% of 70 off, which would be 21, knocking the enemy down to 49 speed, as oppose to 30 off for SA and 30 off for Frosty taking the enemy to 40.

Granted idk if thats how the mechanics legitimately work, but to me it just appears to work that way, and is understandable, helps prevent over powering slowing effects to some small degree lol

[[72087,users]]

In either instances (although I don't think they are programmed differently), multiple slows should should equal to the same multiplicative result.

And as far as changing the wording... I'm not opposed. But at least its better than halberd lol. From what I understand the wording is a downright lie on it, and it functions so that 90% "damage reduction" means you take 90% of the intended damage.

Just think:

Reduce to 70% - correct  edit** it seems trendy have edited the text of idle flow, so now it says By which makes no sense

Reduced by 70% - false  edit** it seems trendy have edited the text of idle flow, so now it says By which makes no sense

Though they could simply rewrite it to reduces speed by 30% for the same result, which would make life simpler for those who do not read the tool tip correctly (I have been guilty of this with other items myself).

edit* Like iAndy said in the following post after mine, if the language was changed it would possible need its values adjusting as it could stack with other slows. 

So in retrospect I think the language should stay the same, and we should be more careful in reading tool tips :D

Also there's a difference in by and to.. If the speed is reduced by 30, that's saying it might be able to stack with other stuff, if it's "to 70%" then the only possibility of a further reduction is if another speed debuff is applied after the idle flow.. aaand were back to confusing. hah. 

@xArcAngel quote:

And as far as changing the wording... I'm not opposed. But at least its better than halberd lol. From what I understand the wording is a downright lie on it, and it functions so that 90% "damage reduction" means you take 90% of the intended damage.

Agreed. As I understand it (from forum users) you are correct. Very confusing and very easy to correct

*cough cough [[4370,users]]

@iAndy quote:

Also there's a difference in by and to.. If the speed is reduced by 30, that's saying it might be able to stack with other stuff, if it's "to 70%" then the only possibility of a further reduction is if another speed debuff is applied after the idle flow.. aaand were back to confusing. hah. 

oo good point, I didnt even think of that! You have changed my opinion on it!

@Fozzie quote:

As long as you passed basic English comprehension I don't see an issue.Emoji_Ogre.png

The problem starts when even the devs are not sure how their stats work, halberd staff is also better the lower it is. But it says "by" instead of "to" apprentice_small.png

@zsolesz79 quote:

So, it says now "by X%", still the lower is the better? :)

yes thats just bad English on their part. I think that might have been a text change at some point.

Well I may as well retract my first comment as it appears their is no system at all :D

You guys are talking about 60 and 70% idle flows, where the hell are you getting these from? I've never seen an idle flow below 80%, and the vast majority of the ones I do see are in the low 90's.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

You guys are talking about 60 and 70% idle flows, where the hell are you getting these from? I've never seen an idle flow below 80%, and the vast majority of the ones I do see are in the low 90's.

I had that luck with the Purge Evil weapon, but they are out there i can assure you :)