Fellow defenders please tell me if this is a fair trade or if I'm being lazy.

But sometimes I get lazy and I don't want to build N4 and dps so I'll open public games with (I build you dps) in the title and expect people to kill stuff while I chill lol my towers are capable so it's not like they have a hard time keeping them alive but some free loaders think it's not a good trade when if it wasn't for my towers you couldn't even pass the first wave 

Depends on the strength of your towers imo.

If it requires a good hunk of effort on their behalf, most wouldn't find that a worthwhile trade. But there are a lot of us who can, or at least come close to, basically AFK-ing maps. In maps where really all they have to do is upgrade/repair between waves, I think its a more than fair trade.

Ultimately tho, its up to the people in your lobby if its fair, and if they don't think it is, all they have to do is leave or not join in the first place. So the right is entirely yours as host.

Meh was a hot topic here a few months back, and honestly like xarcangel said its up to the people joining. I personally feel that if i join a team game, that we play as a team is more fun that way. Regardless if we can afk it or not. BUT that being said if some one clearly doesn't have the gear to build NM4 anyways but wants gear and the only thing he has to do is slight dps, then the only complaint he should be making is what he didn't get from that NM4 Legendary Chest :)

TL;DR

1)Is fine if helping new players, 

1)unless your build is 100% 4 man AFK, then its kinda a Dbag move,imo and if its not

go help them or go private.

Yup it's completely fair Imo. I did that all of the time on PC for xp farming. Created a public and titled it "heal and upgrade". People that needed the xp or item drops always loved it. 

Ok this 1 problem I never had, so i cant really give an opinion on this. When i open a low req public party its mostly 100% afk build. but i rarely see those who join just afk. Mostly they DPS, on the contrary I myself just ask them to just chat and chill lol. some of them dont really talk but some do and its fun to joke around during the fight.

Thanks for the opinion. The map I'm talking about is demon lair on NM4 and I think we can all agree that map is super easy but some people just sit the and hold r1 to shoot or the will kill lava guardian and pick up meteor and just stand there so it frustrates me lol 

@Zkurcrow quote:

Meh was a hot topic here a few months back, and honestly like xarcangel said its up to the people joining. I personally feel that if i join a team game, that we play as a team is more fun that way. Regardless if we can afk it or not. BUT that being said if some one clearly doesn't have the gear to build NM4 anyways but wants gear and the only thing he has to do is slight dps, then the only complaint he should be making is what he didn't get from that NM4 Legendary Chest :)

TL;DR

1)Is fine if helping new players, 

1)unless your build is 100% 4 man AFK, then its kinda a Dbag move,imo and if its not

go help them or go private.

^^^ what he said.

In fact, a friend of mine recent did a build on Malthius nm4 where we built the right lanes and left lanes but mid lanes just put blockades and SA and Frosties. He was Pumpkin girl and I was Epic Man (Pumpkin bow huntress and Tanky DPS Squire) and we had a lot of fun dpsing the mid lane together! Wish I knew how to stream my PC games cuz I'd love to share this on the forums. 

Both of us can build nm4 solo and nm4 for 4 players, but we both get into the fray to DPS. Makes the game more fun Than just afk

it all depends on your builder stats, i  have near perfect builder and can afk any map but new one. even then. i i afk and let the dpser do their job(dont own one). i DO TELL them to upgrade/ dont afk. 

honest, it your map, your build, your rules. if they dont like it, they can go make their own. 

I would say only having to do a bit dps and get carried through nm4 for this is still an excellent deal. I wonder what some people seem to expect here. When everything more than afk is too much for them, they simply shouldn't join your match saying "get carried but you need to dps"

Since we can give names to our games this should be no problem at all.

You even use the title 'I build, you dps' (maybe use 'I build, you do the rest' so they are also required to repair) so nobody should join and complain. If I want FULL teamplay I just ignore this open game and join somewhere else.