Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 64: August 26th, 2016

What's happening with Strategic Revamp? and how close is it from being released?

All these DD1 maps re-imagined are extremely well done, can we expect Aquanos in the future?

1. Can we get a time line or some info on your plans in creating a more in depth and customizable gear upgrade system?
  2. In your last Dev stream you mentioned that at some point you nearly went ahead on the Monk revamp, is it possible to know what your plans with the class are? 
  3. Why are you working on a Weekend? *cough*Jeremy Stieglitz  2013*cough*
  4. Pressing "i" brings up ones Inventory, pressing "i" again, does not close ones inventory, why not? Having to press "escape" rather then simply hitting "i" again is a little annoying.
  5. The "whats new screen" should probably pop up once per day maximum, rather then every time one logs into the game. - (Answered "Our current idea is to put the What's New information on the Main Menu so you can see the news but it doesn't interfere with your gameplay.")
  6. Was the internal cooldown of about 2 seconds intended to be added to the Thunderball Proc rate on Sky Dragon's Fury? My stationary DPS went from about 550k to 300k and dragolich burst from 1.5mil to 800k.
  7. Daily Missions "2 Boss Wins!" does not include the new Molten Citadel map.
  8.  Frost Fire and Frosty Power (patch 14.0). Increased amount of power gained to account for the loss of Frost Fire  - This simply never happened. Weapons can spawn with up to 50% Frosty Power which makes up for each Armour peace, but does not account for the loss of Frost Fire. Can we get this fixed either in the form of more FP stat on weapons or better coefficience.
  9. Is it intended that Proton Beams cause Kobolds to suicide into the beam/node dealing ZERO damage?
  10. Please make an awesome weapon for Lightning Aura Monks called "take that PDT Meta".
  11. I am able to solo all new NM4 incursions with my Lightning aura, Frost Tower and Sky Guard Towers, when will I be able to build public games like other builds and still beat the map? My defenses simply cannot handle the extra "empowered" lanes and and my Anti Air cannot handle the hp scaling. On solo I can upgrade the single lane that gets "empowered", in public all lanes can be "empowered" meaning my defense get destroyed due to not being upgraded and simply being far to weak.

1. Have you guys thought of a full support themed hero? Possibly someone who could extend the range of towers, shield them, extend the time of certain affects they apply (Oil, Freeze, Inflame, poison etc..), and of course boost dmg. His/her abilities would obv boost other heroes through maybe giving them more ability power, attack speed, armor and other stuff. I like the theory of a character like this because of the satisfaction I get from making other people stronger. It wouldn't really be able to do anything on its own but lots of other heroes have similar challengers like ev2 with no air defense and gun witch for obv reasons.

2. I just randomly thought of this but I feel like dungeon defenders 2 would make an AMAZING VR game.

3. where that endless spire remake tho???? ;) that map was awesome imo

Do you have any plans for a community contest of some sort? Something like the individuals in the community could enter their ideas for a hero or weapon, and whatever was deemed to be the coolest idea would be placed into the game? (This is mainly because I have had a super awesome Reaper hero idea I have refined since pre-alphasquire_small.png

1. do you have any more heroes lined up for hero vote? or is barbarian coming out after M&M hero
  2. when is the next vote for anything
  3. when is this major revamp you guys keep alluding to coming out? ETA month wise?
  4. can i have fries with that?

1 - Is [[24592,users]] a Sharken in disguise?

2 - I 2nd his ^^^ question about Aquanos and strategic revamp. Any time frame?

3 - Will you just put Barbarian in the game whenever you deem and have no more influence votes on him? Pretty pleeeeeease?! I will buy your team pizza AND ice cream! :-) (or for the healthy minded...soup/Salad)

4 - Are you planning on implementing the Supah Meter or tag team hero abilities? If so, do you have a general time frame of when you are hoping to have those out? Of course, this will be a soft time line and 1 we, as players/customers, cannot hold you to.

1. Are there any plans to increase the level cap of heroes (either slightly or significantly) in the future? I can only speak for myself and the others that have chimed in with similar opinions in this thread, but having characters maxed out at level 50 with minor ipwr improvements that are churned out slowly here and there makes both (i.) farming gear and (ii.) trying to improve characters in general a very slow, unenthusiastic, stale process.
  2. In that same vein of thinking, are there any plans to introduce additional item rarity- / quality-tiers, past "Legendary", that won't have guaranteed drop-rates at the end of every map? (similarly to how DD1 tiered items into ["Mythical-", "Transcendent-", "Supreme-", and up-] qualities that could drop anywhere, but weren't guaranteed to drop...). In my opinion, it's unfortunate that DD2's "Legendary" items feel anything but that --- Again, I can only voice my own opinions, but I really do feel like a large range of DD2 Player-types could all benefit from having 1 or more (and hopefully more...) rarely-dropped to extremely-rarely-dropped item quality- / rarity-tiers, in order to eliminate the feeling of "stat-stagnation" (i.e. a "gear-ceiling") once you've already farmed semi-decent ipwr-700+ gear. (IMO: if Players know that there is always the prospect of really rare / really powerful items dropping, then there's more incentive to continue playing the game in general, which is good for both us as Players, and you guys as Trendy Entertainment -- we could use some carrot-on-a-stick type features implemented for progression).

I love new heroes. I love making new hero suggestions. That being said, will we see hero development slow down so that the other areas of the game currently struggling get much needed love? Some huge ones being Balance, The Item System, Passives, Spheres, Onslaught.

Many times the community has talked about favourite maps and Aquanos, with it's flying fish and the great sharken has been suggested as one of the favourites.

When will we see the Quest for Eternia Shards maps, specifically Aquanos?

Question: Any plans to revamp the item drop mechanics in near future? Because right now it forces to play selected 4-5 maps. playing other maps are total waste of time because I know i will get nothing to upgrade my heroes. This makes the item grind very boring.

this might be a stupid question, but why the separation of Loot and Exp? Hard mode gives very little experience when you're leveling characters, even with bonus exp from Hero deck and passives. Just wondering, since it basically splits the game into : Leveling and progression gear wise, which is okay-ish, however it makes leveling alts incredibly tedious.

@Skillbro Swaggins quote:

this might be a stupid question, but why the separation of Loot and Exp? Hard mode gives very little experience when you're leveling characters, even with bonus exp from Hero deck and passives. Just wondering, since it basically splits the game into : Leveling and progression gear wise, which is okay-ish, however it makes leveling alts incredibly tedious.

if you are not in a rush, you can just play normally and add a lvl 1 to your deck after the build phase. thats how I level alts, its very efficient if you do not want to scarifies loot farming, but takes a while.

@Skillbro Swaggins quote:

→ I second this question! Back when there was a game-mode separation between the normal "Campaign" & other modes under the header of "End-Game", having the highest-earnable XP on "Hard-Campaign" maps made sense, because "Campaign" was intended to be played by new Players looking to level up their characters, while "End-Game" maps were intended to be played by Players who had already reached the max level (Also, "Hard" was the hardest difficulty available for this Campaign-mode, and would, naturally, award more XP than the lower difficulties).

→ However, now that game modes are simply split between "Defense", "Incursions", etc. (where Defense can be selected on any difficulty), and there are a good amount of character-classes to create, I feel like the game could benefit from matching XP-gain to selected difficulty, so that Players with multiple level-50 Heroes, who have been around for longer, can combine loot-runs with XP-runs (leveling a new Hero would be much less painful that way!)

Have you guys thought of implementing an XP bank of sorts? Like if all our characters are lvl 50 and when we do a map, instead of the XP just going nowhere, it goes into a bank that we can use when we actually need the XP so endgame players can quickly level up new heroes.

• Any official Dev statements regarding the return of item shops / item trading?
  • If there are some concrete plans to implement such features in the future, can we be reasonably sure that there will be anti-hacking countermeasures that come along with it? (I don't mean anything programming-heavy on Trendy's part -- I just mean perhaps a user-friendly 'Report-A-Player' feature, or something along those lines).

What are the plans about the new heroes? From what I understood it was Mystic and Barbarian next and nothing planned then?  What about the "Man and machine (worst name ever btw)" ?  And will the focus will shift back to the core gameplay instead of new heroes?

→ Stemming off of a discussion that originated from this thread, are there any plans to remove / reduce the "rigidity" of each map's currently listed "iPWR-range-boxes"? From what I understand, the current map-based-iPWR system makes it so that it is literally impossible to see any drops / rewards outside of a map's listed iPWR range. What this means is that only the handful of "best-loot" maps end up getting farmed on end-game difficulties. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but is there a chance we could see maps have a listed "iPWR-average" that item-drops would be normalized around, but that have the potential to drop / reward items outside of the rigid iPWR-range? Ideally, this would lead to a farming system that would provide incentive to run maps with the highest listed iPWR-average, but not necessarily a requirement. And again, the goal of such a system would be to widen the amount of "rewardable" maps, which methinks would lessen the frustration of end-game-Players when they get "Beat 3 Sewer Map"-esque Daily Quests, which currently force certain Players to play maps that they know they won't receive any upgrades from. I think it would also satisfy lesser-geared Players, who would be motivated by knowledge that every map has the potential to occasionally drop a significant upgrade for them! (Please refer to the quoted, original post below OR the thread link above, if this post doesn't make a ton of sense thus far...).

QUOTE FROM ORIGINAL POST:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 --------> Improving Listed iPWR-Ranges
:
Personally, I think the concept of an iPWR-range is a good idea, but I don't think it should be a "rigid box", that all item-iPWRs from the map HAVE TO fall into, because that makes farming / progression too obvious and boring IMO. I feel like the listed iPWR-range should be a reference to the "average" power of items you'd expect to see drop on that map, and I think farming would be infinitely more fun if there was potential for items to fall outside of that (ideally, normalized around the iPWR avg, but skewed 'rightwards' rather than 'leftwards', so that you don't get shafted with lower-than-avg iPWR drops -- see a rough graph of the concept here -- the x-axis represents the item-iPWR and the y-axis is the probability of it dropping on a map...)

Do you guys have any intention of working on the heroes's tab? When we have 18-20+ chars, the list lags out alot, and its always long and not user friendly  to switch heroes into the deck. Could we get a way to place our heroes in the order we want it to make it easier to switch decks? Also, could we kind of get a "saved decks" option, wich would be saving some different hero decks that way we could like, select deck 1, select deck 2, you know, so it would make switching easier. Also revamping the way the list of heroes is shown. Thanks for your times guys.

A major theme across topics on the forums right now is passives on items, and the item revamp. What are your opinions on: Removing passives from items and either

a)Introducing those effects to spheres?

b)Creating "augmentable" items, where the augments are the passives that got removed, and can be upgraded by playing (like pet affection, or item upgrade wheel)?

We've heard that there is some sort of item system revamp in the pipeline, what are some details about it?

Also, could you do something about the maps wich shares rewards such as the throne room that share the harbinger's staff and gloves of the storms? it is freackingly annoying to farm for something and get the other one all the times, its making it 10000000 times harder to actually get what you want since when you FINALLY get the item you want, if you ever get it, it doesnt have the stats you're looking for, so you have to do wholes maps over and over again to not only dont get the stats you want on the item you want, but not getting the item at all. Please do something about this

As I saw some people talking about it on the ps4's section an nobody answered them, will the ps4's trophies when they comes out will be retroavtives with what we already did or we'll have to work to redo everything we already did to get the trophies? 

Are you guys going to bring back old monthly pets or put them in the shop soon? 

If not, can you sell the dragolich ability like an upgrade item in the shop for 5k medals?

@AVENUE quote:

Are you guys going to bring back old monthly pets or put them in the shop soon? 

If not, can you sell the dragolich ability like an upgrade item in the shop for 5k medals?

→ (For the sake of reference, [[68058,users]] 's question is stemming from discussion in this thread)