Sign in to follow this  
CrzyRndm

Videos and information about the old one platform death

This is getting a bit of attention in the reported issues thread and we dont have enough information yet on this bug.

What we need is videos of about 30-60 seconds in length which show this players getting killed for no apparent reason during a transition in the Old One boss fight. Please label them as host/client perspective (ie. if the person taking the video is the host of the game...).

The best information we can get would have a video from both the host and client when this happens so we can see it from both sides.

Any other observations about this glitch can also be collected here. The more information we have around this issue the better, you never know what trivial little item will give us a lead on the bug ;)

Back in the days I blamed bad host/client connection. Looked like the client is not getting the information to raise up the platform but getting a net-package some time after. In kg's case, you hear the raising sound but nothing moves up.

It happened also when you were building e.g. Gas Trap / Harpoon or if you (or an enemy) stay to close to the old one like you are getting stuck underneath his stomach / head. Some told me it happened when Mana was dropping while platform is raising, can't confirm that.

All in all the platform probably stucks to another (solid) entity.

host: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQOUwy6CLU (archer at the belly gem)

host: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQM7pR8eOg (no clue what caused it here)

From the other thread, it seems that it happens often to some players, but it happens very rarely to me, definitely less than 1% of the time. 

Here's everything I can remember about the one time it did happen to me: I was not hosting.  I was using huntress, and as far as I can recall, I was holding still standing in the middle of the platform when I died.  I don't think I was building anything because that's something I never do on old one, and I always stand in the center of the platform when it starts rising to head level.  Sadly, I don't have a video :-(

I suppose I can be an helpfull host to reproduce that bug since it happens very often to me. Especially when I want to help new players x)

@CrzyRndm quote:

Does it always happen at the end of a platform lift like that video? Start as well? Anywhere during a lift?

It happens at the beginning of a lift when it starts moving.
You can usually know it will happens since the platforms tends to push the player up a bit and you can see your character hovering over the platform.
Sometimes your characters just falls through the platform (I suppose that what you see when you're a client).