Sign in to follow this  
[GB] n0ught

DPS based rating system and tavern filtering

I know you probably get this a lot but, why do the items in my tavern say they are better if they are not? If i'm building a dps huntress then I don't care if the new boots I found have better trap damage! stop saying your better! your a worthless piec... ahem... sorry, just got a bit frustrated. This is especially noticeable with the new Ember Flame weapon, the weapon does so much dps but so little in the stats that most of the weapons I own are saying they are better!

This could easily be fixed (I say easy but this is the Unreal engine we're talking about (i think)) by adding a filter system where I can say:

show me...

all huntress,

weapons,

show them in order of highest dps first NOT HIGHEST DAMAGE ACCORDING TO THE STATS.

I hope you don't find me too rude, I played this game for about 4 years now and I'm so surprised that what seems so essential in games like dd was never implemented. I love this game with all my heart and I love you guys at the CDT for keeping it alive. thank you. but please fix this before i pull my hair out.

<3 thx xx

the problem with that is that the weapon dmg is not = to dps. with guns pawnshots would always seem like the best option due to having more dmg per up than alot of other guns. It would also not account for if an item was upgraded or not. 

Add that a straight DPS system would not take into account piercing/AoE/etc and then you have to assign numbers to those. It also ignores stats, so builder weapons would never highlight...

The comparison system *is* being looked at (armour comparisons changed with update 2 to make your fully upgraded items not make every single other armour on the map green...). At the very least we don't have to worry about Harry's point (calculations can use internal numbers for an accurate idea of damage and attack rate)

I just want to be able to tell the game "I want armour that has the best hero health and damage" so I can just farm stuff without rigorously scanning every 'green' thing I can find.

so im thinking, that system introduced in DDE for item filtering/comparing was quite decent, and i would love to see improoved version implemented, specificly i would like to be able to switch from comparing my current gear to comparing stats chosen in options for an item to be considered upgrade. furthermore i suggest that items considered upgrade should be shown on minimap not as green dots but instead original item colour surrounded by green circle, as that would allow for filtering trans+ qualities.

also it would be useful if one could set "importance" of stats compared, if you want gear for squire you want mostly attack and then rate, so you could make attack count as 3 rate as 2 and the rest as 1, or something like that, so that (thp+trate+trange) wouldnt be considered better than (tattack+trate)

and perhaps if its possible, you could try make item comparer speculate item upgrade route, depending for example  on item imroptance previously mentioned, as in that case you would know if something is better after upgrading

and the last of my ideas is that for armors you could give turnable option for comparer to multiply item score by set bonus provided by respective item tier (myth, trans, etc)

I realise all of that would propably be a lot of work, but i quess these ideas on more than another could make dd life more enjoyable :D