Sign in to follow this  
[GB] n0ught

INFINITE ROUNDS

I know it's probably been discussed many times but it seems like it's needed to keep the competition side of dd1 alive.

Infinite Rounds.

Basically, survival mode with NO ROUND CAP.

As far as I'm aware, the reason why this has yet to be implemented is due to computers not being able to handle it. That's why I propose a different system.

create an update that allows this gamemode that, once the enemy count reaches a certain number (i.e 3000), increase the enemy's attack damage / movement speed etc.. this could be done in many ways such as * the previous rounds' damage by an increasing variable as the rounds increase which could easily be tweaked for each difficulty.

One other suggestion is replace normal enemies with harder enemies like ogres.

Sorry for making this sound like a rant but I really want to bring back the competitive side of dd1 for the more advanced players like me who have too OP gear for nmhcsmm matches.

↓ please like this post to get it read ↓

If you want to see what happens when there is no wave cap, play Karathiki Competitive Tower Defense, which has no wave cap. Then you'll probably agree there's a reason survival isn't infinite.

@Dark Dragon quote:

Pirate invasion is basically an endless survival :P

But in practice it seems to be impossible to reach wave 25, so it actually ends sooner than other survivals.