Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 - Eternian Staff, to buff or not to buff? That is the question.

So several requests have popped up recently asking if we could buff the Eternian Staff from Crystalline Dimension Nightmare mode.  Currently it is pretty useless while all the other rewards from CD are pretty useful.  So we have an option to buff it some to around some of the current usable staffs if we want.   The idea is not to make it the best staff but to at least be usable.  

To accomplish this we could buff a dmg multiplier so that staffs previously farmed would also get the buff.  No loss to current staff owners.  

So we would like to hear some more opinions on this before moving forward with it.

• Good idea?
  • Bad idea?
  • Pros?
  • Cons?

I think this is a great idea. I dont rlly farm estaffs but i would start doing so cuz they look awesome. only problem i see with buffing to eagle standards (which you mentioned in chat) would be that eagles are much easier to farm, and so are fsuions, so maybe make them a touch better than either of those

yes yes yes! please buff the base damage multiplier, not the elemental one. I want to keep farming my favourite weapon.

@butterflyboy quote:

only problem i see with buffing to eagle standards (which you mentioned in chat) would be that eagles are much easier to farm, and so are fsuions, so maybe make them a touch better than either of those

That's a legitimate request. Though they don't want to make it the best staff and FR are the best Jester_Forum_icon2.png

Yes, please!

One thought, though.  If I recall correctly, myth is 91 dmg/^ and ult is 94 dmg/^.  If both get the same multiplier, myth estaves will be verygood weapons for lower levels, potentially almost as good as ult staves.  A myth staff with 230^ would be amazing.  Can you make the multiplier different for different qualities?

I don't see any cons... lol, I can hear the gasp of relief :) ... well, among others I requested it myself :D

Currently E.Staves are completely garbage. I absolutely like the idea of buffing damage output internally. I also agree that the E.Staff should not become the best DPS weapon. Plane has stated a very good point which should be considered. There is most likely no issue to differ between Ultimate and other qualities since Myth+ pets are already calculated different than their Godly- counterparts.

No, I oppose it. CD should keep reward useless weapons. I aslo ask for a esword, espear and ecannon nerf.

ughh god no, that would just mean there would be another ewep that i cant farm. 

but in all seriousness sounds good to me. only thing i would add is making it so that the jester can also get estaffs as well. 

I know it's a bit odd of a suggestion, but how about you increase the max upgrades and reduce their upgrade cost? 

I don't know how you are able to adjust things but I think that would make the staff more desirable to farm for end game players who are able to afford it. (Also, who's doing nightmare without already maxing out their best staff already?! Come on!). That just seems like a more interesting way to increase the popularity.

Definitely in favour of a buff.
E-Staffs were cool a hell! I wouldn't mind getting back at CD just for some legit E-Staffs!

Speaking of E-Staffs, didn't the E-Spears scale poorly compared to Obsidian Sparus?

@Black Mamba quote:

Speaking of E-Staffs, didn't the E-Spears scale poorly compared to Obsidian Sparus?

Espears have 413 damage per upgrade and destroy Sparus (205/^) in melee damage. Its not even a close contest.

@Caimen0 quote:

@Black Mamba quote:

Espears have 413 damage per upgrade and destroy Sparus (205/^) in melee damage. Its not even a close contest.

Melee Sparus are unheard of. Its generally assumed that when you speak of Sparus you are being specific to Ranged. Unless the terminology has changed in the two years I wasn't active, in that case I stand corrected.

@Black Mamba quote:

Melee Sparus are unheard of. Its generally assumed that when you speak of Sparus you are being specific to Ranged. Unless the terminology has changed in the two years I wasn't active, in that case I stand corrected.

Well, sparus melee is better than sparus ranged, but if you're only comparing ranged weapons to each other, then sparus is a good choice.  I think that's why so many people upgrade them into ranged, even though they aren't as good that way.

Espears are still better, though.

@Black Mamba quote:

Yes mamba there has been more of a shift to melee.  When you were around it was mainly just range sparus that was talked about.  Sparus is still known for its range but many have gone to using melee monks.  Could be due to eagleone talking about melee sparus and using it in his videos.  In any case, it is still all personal preference.  However espear is terrible for range still.

Yeah that's what I'm saying regardless of the current popular trend there are many of us who still use Ranged Monks, and probably will continue to do so. So if there is an incentive to use E-Spears as a viable ranged option, it might be worth farming CD again for that.
But I can understand given it superior melee scaling it would become pretty OP with a ranged scale buff. xD

But yeah thing is, as I mentioned in the Tinkerer's Progression post -- there is so much variety and potential in the game w.r.t. items(weps and pets mainly). But almost every reward wep/pet is overshadowed by a select ones. It just feels "samey-samey" all the time seeing everyone with the same stuff. And there is no incentive to do other maps or challenges apart from getting the achievements and then getting back at the few maps that are the go-to ones.

Espears only have 4 projectiles max so it would require a pretty absurd buff to bring them up to par as a ranged weapon. Furthermore, ranged monk will be terrible until a ranged weapon with a spread similar to Bloodshot is released, which would be a way to make the espear a viable ranged weapon. But I would prefer to get a new monk weapon with the spread, as espears are already worth farming.

I can definitely agree that we could use a good Ranged Monk weapon with a low spread, the E-Spear doesn't have to be one.

Maybe CDT can think of buffing SpoL(Spear of Light) and changing its spread to something like Bloodshot or Bone staff with a ranged damage buff? IMO the SpoL has literally everything to be Rainmaker/Bloodshot equivalent for Monk.
I mean there is at least 3 or 4 low spread accurate weapons for Huntress(more than 4 actually) and Apprentice.
So why should our Monk be left out! :D

But if the SpoL's are buffed and brought around the same level as Sparus or higher with low spread, I'd be crazy rich in a day.
I have like top-notch 50+ Ult/Ult+/Ult++ hero stat SpoLs all over my tavern, that serve only one purpose -- decoration, for now! :D

I loved SpoLs and the Nosferatu back in the day, its how I made most of my mana selling them for crazy prices before everything got overrun by Obsidians! Ahh, good times! :D