Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 2 - Reported Issues

@CrzyRndm quote:

kg4q

Note the "almost" in that line of text. Djinn in particular still have a few issues to be ironed out and were the least affected by that fix (they don't follow the set pathing anywhere near as rigirously as the other two flyers (the fixed issue was to do with the flight path not updating as each set node was reached)

ahh thanks for clearing that ^^

this is a good Bug not important to fix but i wanted to share it ^^

The Glowing Red Fire Feathers are Amazing 

A few other Quick Bugz 4 u

(1) Playing with multiple characters/AFKs: the HIGHEST score doesn't consistently save to the Leaderboards.  It tends to pick P4's score if P4 beats the previous personal best.  The HIGHEST score does save to 'Best Statistics', but the Leaderboards can have some other character's score thrown to it.  The max score of all players should be taken for both.

(2) Animorphic Ember pet -- Check the description: MARSHMALLOW is misspelled

@Commish quote:

A few other Quick Bugz 4 u

(1) Playing with multiple characters/AFKs: the HIGHEST score doesn't consistently save to the Leaderboards.  It tends to pick P4's score if P4 beats the previous personal best.  The HIGHEST score does save to 'Best Statistics', but the Leaderboards can have some other character's score thrown to it.  The max score of all players should be taken for both.

Can confirm, I got my new personal high score on TD on player 2, but the score that registered on the leaderboard was player 3 (I think), who had a slightly lower score.  Player 4 had a lower score in this case.

@Plane quote:By the way, Moonbase survival only has > 10k enemies/wave if you let cores die.  It has less than half that many with a three-core build.

I just did Moonbase again without mix mode, so I can be a little more accurate.  With a three-core build, I had just over 7000 monsters on wave 35 with 4 players.  With a one-core build I had about 11,500 with 4 players.

@Pjtor quote:

It's possible to rename the Coal and Mana Token.

Please don't change this, whether that feature was intended or not.
Its way too useful for shop messages. ( Thanks Pew for the idea! xD )

Also, on the topic of renaming, can we please have a standard price for item quality ranges?
Godly and lower -- MAX cost: 10k.
Myth Trans -- MAX cost: 50k.
Sup / Ult(90/93) -- MAX cost: 75k.
Ult+/Ulti++ -- MAX cost: 100k.
Non usable items(coals/tokens/eggs) -- MAX cost: 100 mana.

As it stands currently, I don't understand spending 50m to rename a supreme Top Hat but 1 mana to rename a cursed Bow.
Sure 50m doesn't make much of a difference(depends though).
But since renaming Heroes costs way less than some items it just doesn't feel in line.
Hope you get the point!

@Black Mamba quote:

@Pjtor quote:

It's possible to rename the Coal and Mana Token.

Please don't change this, whether that feature was intended or not.
Its way too useful for shop messages. ( Thanks Pew for the idea! xD )

Also, on the topic of renaming, can we please have a standard price for item quality ranges?
Godly and lower -- MAX cost: 10k.
Myth Trans -- MAX cost: 50k.
Sup / Ult(90/93) -- MAX cost: 75k.
Ult+/Ulti++ -- MAX cost: 100k.
Non usable items(coals/tokens/eggs) -- MAX cost: 100 mana.

As it stands currently, I don't understand spending 50m to rename a supreme Top Hat but 1 mana to rename a cursed Bow.
Sure 50m doesn't make much of a difference(depends though).
But since renaming Heroes costs way less than some items it just doesn't feel in line.
Hope you get the point!

The renaming cost is based on what it would cost to upgrade to the next level if there was one.  For those items, like accs that end up being free, we had to assign a value to it.  We kept it low since upgrades became free on accs after a certain number of upgrades.  

@ddace quote:
The renaming cost is based on what it would cost to upgrade to the next level if there was one.  For those items, like accs that end up being free, we had to assign a value to it.  We kept it low since upgrades became free on accs after a certain number of upgrades.  

Yeah but its not the case for most regular accessories, the average ones don't get all that high to get the free upgrades. So IMO 50m for renaming stuff is pretty steep for most players just to do a rename.
There should be a nice standard across the spectrum like how respec'ing and renaming heroes works regardless of levels.

@EagleOne quote:

Golden Arrow from west.

Huh... West as in, 'the archer didn't path as usual and just shot from the get-go?'  I see the glance now -- Does the game purely take the host's enemy locations into account, or can a laggy non-host register something happening that ends the round?  I ask since Sharken were randomly running on non-existent paths on my end that game, and the other two players that we were building for were also complaining about lag.  We run the same exact build consistently and cleanly through 40, but usually individually (no lag) or as a duo (usually minimum lag with just us two).  Also -- golden arrows are ~6x more powerful than ogres?

The general reaction during the game was 'wut happ' here -- if the replay were expanded to go to the enemy that shot or hit the crystal, or something tracked it saying 'your crystal was destroyed by X', that'd really improve the player experience on this.  I still wonder about the above, but the issue of not knowing what ended the game is something I heard a lot even back when I did event hosting years ago.

@Commish quote:

@EagleOne quote:

Golden Arrow from west.

Huh... West as in, 'the archer didn't path as usual and just shot from the get-go?'  I see the glance now -- Does the game purely take the host's enemy locations into account, or can a laggy non-host register something happening that ends the round?  I ask since Sharken were randomly running on non-existent paths on my end that game, and the other two players that we were building for were also complaining about lag.  We run the same exact build consistently and cleanly through 40, but usually individually (no lag) or as a duo (usually minimum lag with just us two).  Also -- golden arrows are ~6x more powerful than ogres?

The general reaction during the game was 'wut happ' here -- if the replay were expanded to go to the enemy that shot or hit the crystal, or something tracked it saying 'your crystal was destroyed by X', that'd really improve the player experience on this.  I still wonder about the above, but the issue of not knowing what ended the game is something I heard a lot even back when I did event hosting years ago.

maybe the arrow was shot outside strength drain?

@BorchTrzyKawki quote:

@Commish quote:

@EagleOne quote:

Golden Arrow from west.

maybe the arrow was shot outside strength drain?

Ok, viewing this on a hi-res monitor again.  I don't see an arrow hitting it.  That particle I was seeing on my low-grade work monitor was a green blob from the Gas Trap.  The archer arrow sounds are the archer minions hitting things in the lane.

This is a two-aura build, and I have about 4k radius on my Monk.  Still not sure where the supposed golden archer is.

Anyway, I'm back to confused but am still curious as to the initial questions.  Where are you seeing the golden arrow?

No damage can be dealt with any effect on client connections. The AI to trigger attacks and handle damage doesn't even exist on a client to start with

@CrzyRndm quote:

No damage can be dealt with any effect on client connections. The AI to trigger attacks and handle damage doesn't even exist on a client to start with

Ok, good to know -- would the only valuable replay be from the host's perspective then?

Btw guys do you have a thread or some place to report the website problems or bugs (if you call it that) ?

and don't tell me Website feedback cuz i get no answer in there at all  

Im not sure if this is a bug or something else,

but one of the people I play with joined me the other day wearing an Ult Tube on his like like....76...

Is this intended, because the thing had pretty high stat points (since it is ult)

@starfox64_0 quote:

but one of the people I play with joined me the other day wearing an Ult Tube on his like like....76...

Is this intended, because the thing had pretty high stat points (since it is ult)

Yes, (almost) all qualities of tube are level 70.  Epic?  70.  Trans?  70.  Ult?  70.  I think it's always been like that.

But Ult93 is 93 and Ult++ is 100.

@kg4q quote:

Btw guys do you have a thread or some place to report the website problems or bugs (if you call it that) ?

and don't tell me Website feedback cuz i get no answer in there at all  

The CDT has no control over updating this horrible forum. That is all trendy. 

Sad Story :

so i was running CD like any normal defeated all the stages then i was about to Enter to the old one , However i decided that i will open the game for Random people to join and get the Super Legendary skin i did that then 3 noobs have joined the game i was oh ok i carry everyone there is no problem 

then before i get into the portal to the old one i've hit the key "K" by accident then i died 0 lives non of those guys can do it = 20 min waste of time :(

You are correct pure.  There are several items which do that, another I believe is one of the Spook rewards (only reward not any generic version).  This has been around for long enough that the CDT has no intention of changing it.  People are noticing it now cause tubes are dropping all over the place on Ember, though Tinkerer's Lab did the same thing. 

@Plane quote:

@starfox64_0 quote:

Yes, (almost) all qualities of tube are level 70.  Epic?  70.  Trans?  70.  Ult?  70.  I think it's always been like that.

But Ult93 is 93 and Ult++ is 100.

RE: Lower armour to weapon ratio on the floor

The good news is that we have identified the cause of armour not sticking around and why a drop in the ratio was observed
The bad news is that the ratio actually returned (roughly) to what it was prior to 8.1. A bug with armour generation during 8.1 also had a side effect of making it harder to remove... (That is not to say that we don't want to increase the ratio again...)