Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 2 - Reported Issues

66652ABA66CE0D156BC2D0BA3E7FCE9B6DA93C7F

F8CE8208BE3914F793148C6F005167E821687C8A

I've noticed spider webs being stretched out like this lately.  It looks pretty strange.  I'm not sure if it's a new bug with CDT Update 2 or not.

Bugs I noticed:
- Traps are still not touching buffbeams when those are on a higher/lower height level than the traps
- Im not seeing the 42 confirmation message when hitting this on the Dance Machine in Moonbase
- when generating manatoken with 2 as the number length, it's not working, but putting a 0 before the number generates one (i.e 056)
Suggestion:
- maybe more precision when dropping items on floor? :p

I have noticed an issue  on Embermount when opening chests. A lot of the times two items will drop from one chest, but one of those items will disappear seconds later. I have had this happen on both campaign and survival.

@coffeediction quote:

Bugs I noticed:
- Traps are still not touching buffbeams when those are on a higher/lower height level than the traps
- Im not seeing the 42 confirmation message when hitting this on the Dance Machine in Moonbase
- when generating manatoken with 2 as the number length, it's not working, but putting a 0 before the number generates one (i.e 056)
Suggestion:

VbDfoNF.jpg

@coffeediction quote:

Bugs I noticed:
Suggestion:

The 42 message may flash by fast if you are doing it during a wave and other messages are flashing

Mana token creation isn't a bug per se.  Currently it does not accept less than 3 digits.

yes I believe buff still has to be on the same level the trap for the trap to get buffed currently. Just the effect of the trap changed.  

@CrzyRndm quote:

I cant replicate that EagleOne, even as a client

Should have been more precise... not talking about single built towers. place any towers and underneath a trap... doesn't matter were i look at, only trap details will be shown.

...while trying to get a screenshot, i figured it just happens when you have built a darkness trap or est, works for other traps

http://imgur.com/a/ULMpo

edit: another bug report

shuffling through towers (pressing E) does not work for jesters move tower ability

Some people were already aware of this apparently, but the Ethereal Spike Traps next to the starting zone of Lab Assault don't deal any damage (they do go off though). Saves about 8 seconds per run

@Nomen quote:

Some people were already aware of this apparently, but the Ethereal Spike Traps next to the starting zone of Lab Assault don't deal any damage (they do go off though). Saves about 8 seconds per run

very nice bug :D

@EagleOne quote:

Also, the RNG seems flawed, after like 50 ember runs, i just got 1 App weapon ending as Jester.

That is better than I thought it would be.  I didnt think you would get any.  I have never received an app weapon from CD when playing as a Jester.

A few additions to what I see above:

- Re: Fenix pet not persisting -- I just had 5 Fenix pets disappear completely.  Put them on Tavern Item Shop desk, others said they couldn't see them.  My Tav Items were locked, so nobody took them, lol.  But I ended a session, came back tonight, and they're just gone.  Same PC, same login to Steam, etc.  It may be a deeper issue than just server-client.  I haven't seen the same issue with Animorphic Embers, Ember Ponies, or Moons yet, so likely just specific to the Fenix.

- Fenix Pet description: Lacks capitalization.  "be careful" should be, "Be careful" -- simple capitalization issue.

- Counters that have exactly 1,000 say "1000" (no comma).  When they hit 1,001, though?  "1,001" displays.  There should be a comma in the 1,000 value.  Good examples: held mana (pick up exactly 1,000); enemy progress bar counter during a wave with at least 1,000 enemies.

- Embermount Survival -- starting on Waves 1-8 on Survival will start you on Wave 10.  It's likely defaulting to the starting wave for Campaign, OR there isn't scaled wave data for anything before a minimum of 10.  I'd imagine the prior on this one.

- Akatiti Survival (as well as every other 35-wave) -- you can start on Wave 32.  Moonbase -- you can start on Wave 33.  Which one should it be?  I still don't understand why beating through 40 on Embermount only allows you to run starting with Wave 36, but if we're going with approx. 90% the way through Survival as a starting point possibility, then Moonbase should be dumped down to 32 max.  I still think YOLOing through a final wave is pretty gutsy, but you can't do that anymore.

- Leaderboard Headers: Buccaneer Bay & Embermount Volcano both just say ": Nightmare" -- the Leaderboards are missing the map name.  This is the case for Campaign, Pure Strategy, and Survival Leaderboards (i.e. all modes).

- Also, there are more enemies on Solo Moonbase Survival on late waves than there are with 3AFKs.  Did people actually want the 10k+ survivals back?  There were tons of complaints about Endless Spires back in the day, when there were over 10k per late wave.  Moonbase Survival is really ehhhhhh.

- Suggestion: Animorphic Embers -- if you could exclude Hero Speed, that'd be hot.  All of my NMHC ones so far had overcapped Hero Speed and like 400-500 in other categories.

- Suggestion: Can we have stats as to 'what killed the crystal'?  Mischief and I played Embermount, and there were no enemies or players within any sort of striking range of the crystal, and randomly the easy-side crystal just exploded.  Nothing was near it, defenses were solid...just byebye.  Replay was hilarious...just shows the crystal exploding and us like uhhhhhhhhhh.  It'd be nice to see what the game says killed it.  Might help diagnose this issue for stuff like Mistymire, where this used to happen (and may still).

The Moon Pet is pretty fun since you can jump higher, lol.

@Commish quote:

- Re: Fenix pet not persisting -- I just had 5 Fenix pets disappear completely.  Put them on Tavern Item Shop desk, others said they couldn't see them.  My Tav Items were locked, so nobody took them, lol.  But I ended a session, came back tonight, and they're just gone.  Same PC, same login to Steam, etc.  It may be a deeper issue than just server-client.  I haven't seen the same issue with Animorphic Embers, Ember Ponies, or Moons yet, so likely just specific to the Fenix.

[...]

- Suggestion: Can we have stats as to 'what killed the crystal'?  Mischief and I played Embermount, and there were no enemies or players within any sort of striking range of the crystal, and randomly the easy-side crystal just exploded.  Nothing was near it, defenses were solid...just byebye.  Replay was hilarious...just shows the crystal exploding and us like uhhhhhhhhhh.  It'd be nice to see what the game says killed it.  Might help diagnose this issue for stuff like Mistymire, where this used to happen (and may still).

I heard another person say they had 4 of them disappear, and I actually watched someone say they dropped one, but it didn't appear on the ground, so they got confused and decided the game must have destroyed it.

And yes so much to the suggestion I quoted!  I'd really love to know what caused certain crystals to "randomly" explode on some maps / builds.

By the way, Moonbase survival only has > 10k enemies/wave if you let cores die.  It has less than half that many with a three-core build.

@Commish quote:- Akatiti Survival (as well as every other 35-wave) -- you can start on Wave 32.  Moonbase -- you can start on Wave 33.  Which one should it be?

Actually 31 when it would have been -4 :P Definitely down to 32 since most players can't start at such high waves anyways. I still think that more or less just hackers benefit from this change on maps you have to farm on NM to get a better reward than on Insane.

@Commish quote:- Also, there are more enemies on Solo Moonbase Survival on late waves than there are with 3AFKs.  Did people actually want the 10k+ survivals back?  There were tons of complaints about Endless Spires back in the day, when there were over 10k per late wave.  Moonbase Survival is really ehhhhhh.

Depends on a few things... starting Moonbase NM on Wave 33, soloing you end up with an enemy counter around the 6k mark if I remember correct. A full party at the last wave will have 7.1k enemies when they joined last wave. (Yes, I know I said nobody is able to start at such a high wave on a legit way. I take advantages of the map design. So, works just on Moonbase.) But I also ended up with 17!k enemies for 4 players, no clue if it was an actual bug or intended.

Things which affect the counter:

- starting wave (starting at a high wave you are facing less enemies than you would have started 3 waves before and reach current wave, this sums up for all waves you still have to do)
- numbers of crystals you protect (1-crystal builds will face more enemies, 3-crystal builds less)
- waves you survived with destroyed crystal(s) (it seems the penalty to lose a crystal at the beginning of the run will have an higher impact as more waves you survive)

@Commish quote:- Suggestion: Can we have stats as to 'what killed the crystal'?  Mischief and I played Embermount, and there were no enemies or players within any sort of striking range of the crystal, and randomly the easy-side crystal just exploded.  Nothing was near it, defenses were solid...just byebye.  Replay was hilarious...just shows the crystal exploding and us like uhhhhhhhhhh.

Golden enemy, either Sharken / Orc / Wyvern which died within the second or simply an arrow from an Archer.

Commish

We know what is missing for the Fenix. It's a similar issue to what prevents persistent custom weapon rewards from open maps

1000/1,000 is fixed. >1000 instead of >= 1000...

Wave 10: Correct. Each map has a minimum wave and wont allow you to start prior to that (campaign or survival)

Moonbase: Missing declaration again

Moonbase survival: Comparing with the same number of live xtals? each xtal death increases the wave count quite significantly

I need to look at how the replay is implemented. I do recall that being absolutely useless in basically every instance...

so i was reviewing Bug fixed list in the DD Forum and Found this 

AFu5EXD.png

Now that's pretty good but when i was running CD i Found out that the bug wasn't really Fixed yet 

@EagleOne quote:
@Commish quote:- Suggestion: Can we have stats as to 'what killed the crystal'?  Mischief and I played Embermount, and there were no enemies or players within any sort of striking range of the crystal, and randomly the easy-side crystal just exploded.  Nothing was near it, defenses were solid...just byebye.  Replay was hilarious...just shows the crystal exploding and us like uhhhhhhhhhh.

Golden enemy, either Sharken / Orc / Wyvern which died within the second or simply an arrow from an Archer.

I'm glad you're sure of this, lol.  You'd expect a dead body still fading out if this were the case.  It'd be nice to have tracking as to 'what hit the crystal'.  I also have a video of this and our reaction, which is kinda hilarious, and I can upload that if you want to see it.

@Moonbase - I have a full video of the last waves of Moonbase NMHC Survival.  I started at the minimum wave iirc, did a one-crystal 105/55 build lol, because it's hilarious.  But the run was so boring, and when I brought in my AFKs, the # of enemies decreased ever so slightly.  I can upload that video if you want to see it.

[[24022,users]] Sup dude?

(1) Wave 10 - Survival setup for Embermount should not allow the counter to go from 1-9 if it's intended to start at W10.

(2) I guess my Fenixes didn't like me.  The moment I put them on the counter and walked out the door for a bit, they flew away, lol.  Maybe they flew into the lava outside.

@Commish quote:

CrzyRndm Sup dude?

(1) Wave 10 - Survival setup for Embermount should not allow the counter to go from 1-9 if it's intended to start at W10.

(2) I guess my Fenixes didn't like me.  The moment I put them on the counter and walked out the door for a bit, they flew away, lol.  Maybe they flew into the lava outside.

Fenix is sadly not liking anyone until the next update

@Caimen0 quote:

:D

Also you might want to look into the weapon/armor drop rates. Even after the 25% bias towards armor Moon/Sox/Hippo were getting obnoxious amounts of sup/ult cardboard tubes and no good armor.

Same. Although at only 12M health. It stayed there for 40 minutes or so before I gave up

@mkjo quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

Also you might want to look into the weapon/armor drop rates. Even after the 25% bias towards armor Moon/Sox/Hippo were getting obnoxious amounts of sup/ult cardboard tubes and no good armor.

Same. Although at only 12M health. It stayed there for 40 minutes or so before I gave up

ahh that sucks xD 

did you kill it mkjo or ?

@kg4q quote:

@mkjo quote:

@Caimen0 quote:

ahh that sucks xD 

did you kill it mkjo or ?

Sadly No. I thought it would be quicker to restart. I got it second time though

Also the Wyvern hit boxes seem off when on the high walkway. On both runs I seemed to be surrounded by Wyverns that I could not hit and could not therefore kill.

@mkjo quote:Also the Wyvern hit boxes seem off when on the high walkway. On both runs I seemed to be surrounded by Wyverns that I could not hit and could not therefore kill.

Those are special boss companions. I'm not certainly sure if it's intended that you can't kill them. Once you stripped their health-bar you can't deal anymore damage to them. I thought probably I have to shoot down all companions but either nothing happened or I missed some ^^

[[82645,users]]

Note the "almost" in that line of text. Djinn in particular still have a few issues to be ironed out and were the least affected by that fix (they don't follow the set pathing anywhere near as rigirously as the other two flyers (the fixed issue was to do with the flight path not updating as each set node was reached)