Sign in to follow this  
Plane

Imps go up 9316 heal amount per level

I went to upgrade an imp, but instead of going up by a reasonable amount per level, it goes up by 9316 per level.  That's ridiculous.  It's at 4548, and if I apply one level it'll got o 13864:

DEACD4FEA52C2D86BB2B9A989468686F0B9B4F44

356B292854713AAF43132E99D8A6F3A13428F7BC

This is a bug, right?

Are you holding down the shift or ctrl key? If not, looks like a bug in the new predicted value calculation (and before you ask why the old one wasn't good enough, it would give half second freezes trying to predict 50 upgrades out...)

EDIT

Prediction bug confirmed. The real increase is the same as always

Oh, so I should try actually upgrading and see if the number is different?  (I didn't want to try it out and end up with a bugged item.)

No, I'm not holding down shift or ctrl.  And anyway, it only has 17 upgrades to apply, so that wouldn't work out to 9316 heal amount anyway.  After this survival I'll check and see what numbers it shows for shift and ctrl.

By the way, my friend said he sees the same thing on his imp.

Upgrade away, it's only a display bug (upgrading still uses mostly (a few optimisations to make 50 upgrades doable...) the original method so we didn't have any crazy situations like this)

Okay, just like you said, it went to 4575, not to the crazy number it predicted. 

The predictions remain strange on subsequent levels.  For the next level it predicted 13944, but when I clicked to upgrade it ended up at 4601.  For the level after that it predicted 14024, but when I actually upgraded it went 4627.  So it's going up +26 or +27 each level, which seems normal.

By the way, from its current level, holding shift shows 14744 instead of 14104, and holding ctrl shows 15064 instead of 14104.  So the bug isn't due to holding shift or ctrl.