Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 Discussions Incoming!! We Need Your Input!!

@Inferno.0b quote:

I'm sure this has probably been suggested already, but you can't do anything in assault as a summoner due to how pets are disabled (which is fine). Therefore I would like to suggest controlling one of summoner's minions in assault and you can choose between which minion you would like to play (the dark elf warrior hunting event saw you controlling squires that were edited to control like dark elf warriors, so I hope this isn't too difficult). It would be cool if you could heal players as a mage/ have a slightly longer range than other ranged weapons as an archer (to compensate for the non piercing projectile) or run around as a warrior jumping over defences!

sounds awesome but might take a long time to implement if possible

@Alhanalem quote:

gianthippo96 if you could, please edit existing posts rather than making a second post to add more to the same thoughts.

Ho does one do that? This forum seems broken to me. Even when I am logged in it doesn't show my Account in the top right corner (still the join/login thing) and I cannot find any button to edit my posts.

Click the dot dot dot symbol in the top right corner of the post for a menu of options.

The difficulty is editing is semi-broken on this side of the site. You can cheat and change the dungeondefenders.com/1/ part of the url to /2/ which will change the site to the DD2 skin. Because in their infinite wisdom, when Duxter was badgered by trendy to fix some glaring issues with the site, they only fixed them on the DD2 skin. *rolls eyes*

If you don't do this, you can still edit your posts but you won't have a toolbar and you won't be able to add quotes images etc because there is no "bbcode" to do the same thing.

Being someone with a terrible laptop, I would like to propose a new graphics option that would benefit us with terrible pcs (Caimen/Kirby/Hype). A graphics option where it replaces all map hitboxes with block colour instead of the fancy graphics. I'd like this not to affect mobs  since it would make recognising threats harder. However if it could make beams a semi-transparent colour instead of the flickering lagfest (reflects) as well as affecting auras that would be great as well.

I frequent 5fps on some maps due to graphics such as water (main culprit!), smoke on sky city or larger maps such as cd and tinkerer's lag, and with the upcoming poly update (which I heard has a lot of water), I'd like to not enter the realms of 1 frame per 5 seconds.

What you're requesting is not feasible to implement, it is not as simple as you would think, and it would also require a massive patch as every single map would need to be altered to accomodate, and this would be extremely time consuming to set up (To put into perspective, this would require work roughly equivalent to building a whole bunch of brand new maps)

In most cases, you should not be reaching such framerates if your system is within the reccomended specs (and plugged in as many laptops will throttle your CPU/GPU when running off battery)/

From your descriptions, your laptop seems to be below reccomended spec (it is higher now than when the game came out as nightmare mode is more intense and many of the newer maps are larger).

(Related side note: For those who have played the workshop version of Temple, we have made some dramatic performance improvements to the map so that FPS is not murdered looking down the main part of the map)

On the topic of FPS, can we pin-point a particular reason as to why certain maps(& challenges) get massive FPS drops the moment there is a high inflow of Ogres and other mobs?
Mainly -- Pirate Invasion, Halloween Spook 2, ToL, Tinkerer's, Buc Bay wave 32+, Akatiti, among a few more suffer from massive frame drops due to a sudden rush/increase in mobs.
I have a fairly capable PC -- AMDFX-6100(yes, this is old but its still capable), 16GB DDR3, GTX970, WIn7 Ultimate(64bit) so system isn't at fault here I believe. 

Also, anytime someone uses the Portal Gun(i.e. both portals opened), the game goes below 10 FPS for as long as the portals are open. Can that be looked at?

@Black Mamba quote:

On the topic of FPS, can we pin-point a particular reason as to why certain maps(& challenges) get massive FPS drops the moment there is a high inflow of Ogres and other mobs?

I know exactly why FPS drops with a lot of ogres - it's because back in the day when the ogre was modeled/textured, lots of care went into fine details such as animating every individual finger and joint. Since Trendy expected only one ogre to appear at a time originally, they did not do any optimizations for it whatsoever.

Fast forward 5 years and we have ogre spam, all of which have their excruciating details to render on your poor little PC.

I've created some optimizations for it, however we are running into difficulties getting it to take due to the differences in age of technology between our modeling programs and the DDDK. When we make headway there, we will definitely include it in the patch notes!

My system specs fall within the recommended on the steam store page (2GHz Dual core, and 3GB of usable RAM), although as you said the system requirements will have gone up so it may not be within the recommended anymore.

Thank you for your reply to my rather unreasonable request, I did think it would take quite a bit of work but not that much O.o

Would adding an option to change beam and/or aura graphics in order to lower lag be possible? Compared to editing all the maps I'd like to think this would be easier (and much less work) to implement.

Right, thanks for that. Does make sense since the most of the pre-shards maps don't have such a high rush of Ogres.
What about the Portal Gun though? 
One thing which I can add that before I quit playing DD, somewhere around Fall 2013, the usage of Portal Gun wouldn't cause FPS drops, but these days if I use it, the FPS drop is unbearable for as long as both the portals are open.

I second the complains about aura fps issues. My main problem is with the bubbles, I have no performance issues if standing completely inside/outside but experience massive drops while I'm moving through the edge.

Completely different topic:

I feel like diamonds need some love. Compared to the other new stat pets the effort required to obtain a diamond feels way too high.

Right now farming 88 coals for a single diamond takes ~5.5-6 hrs while getting 4 ToT-s take less than 30 mins. And no guarantee that said diamond will reach the same stats of a standard 4stat ToT. (sure, it *might* end up being a lot better but it's rarely the case)

My suggestion would be to leave stats and everything else as it is but reduce the coal requirement.

Same goes for small diamonds, those things have 360 stat cap and require almost the same amount of grind as a standard diamond. (I run NM ww in 25mins with +3 afk and so far couldn't go below 21mins on MEDIUM :))

Other thing, is there a chance to make Temple o Love accs use the same spawn mechanism as santa accs? Right now both santa hat/beard tend to get much higher rolls than top hats/bows.

@Akasame quote:

I tested the portal gun issue in a public game and we (the host and I) didn't experience fps drops.

Hmm, what maps did you try it in? 
I get massive FPS drops if I use it on WW, Akatiti even during build phase.
Although in Buc Bay or Moonbase I never experience the drops.

Good point [[56485,users]], also considering the current market prices of Non-cap and 1-Cap diamonds it just doesn't make sense to spawn diamonds when buying them is unbelievably cheaper. I recently traded for 3 non-cap diamonds for just 75 coals, so basically for less than what I'd have need to make a diamond I got 3. Hence, 88 is not only a tiring number of coals to farm, but also the way how diamond spawn works it is just not sensible from an economic perspective to spawn them. I'd love if the number is changed to 50-55-60 something, but then again the price will drop even more. But at least for diamond spawners it won't be as much of tiring adventure as it is now. Ideally I'd love to start spawning diamonds, but I just can't bring myself to do it considering the prices and such.
As far as Small coals are concerned, they should ideally be just 44 coals to spawn the Small Diamond, it has less than half of stat cap and doesn't make sense to farm them unless you are a collector, in which case you only need one or two of those. And 88 for Small Diamonds is a bit too much really.

As far as ToL accs is concerned, I think its more of a thing of RNG affecting the drops and rolling poorly on a consistent basis rather than being quite inferior to WW. From the looks of it, WW does seems to have a wee-bit better stat-range/roll compared to ToL and Pirate Invasion, but its not that much higher, might probably even be same. What'd I'd love is if ToL rolling can be slightly improved if playing on NMHC specifically.

Endless Spires, will test on WW and Akatiti and edit this post with the result.

EDIT: I confirm the FPS drops on WW due to the use of portal gun/

@Black Mamba quote:
As far as ToL accs is concerned, I think its more of a thing of RNG affecting the drops and rolling poorly on a consistent basis rather than being quite inferior to WW. From the looks of it, WW does seems to have a wee-bit better stat-range/roll compared to ToL and Pirate Invasion, but its not that much higher, might probably even be same. What'd I'd love is if ToL rolling can be slightly improved if playing on NMHC specifically.

stat wise they are pretty much the same. The main difference between the 2 is that santa accs can have higher upgrades (~20ish)

@Pjtor 

I disagree about requiring fewer coal to spawn a diamond. I have myself spawned over 10 diamonds (all no-caps) and it is my one great joy in DD. Changing it feels like I would be cheating, and in my eyes it would de-value diamonds in general. I don't want that.

Please don't make diamonds take fewer coal to spawn.

I can support small diamonds taking fewer coal to spawn, though :)

@Akasame quote:

Endless Spires, will test on WW and Akatiti and edit this post with the result.

EDIT: I confirm the FPS drops on WW due to the use of portal gun/

Thanks for confirming! That didn't use to happen before.
Dunno why it is causing sudden FPS drops that stay dropped for as long as the portals are open.

BTW, I'd like to say that I'm more or less neutral on the regular Diamond requiring 88 coals or less or more. I was just making a point at how broken Diamond prices are. And since I don't spawn diamonds, this doesn't affect me. And of course its a contentious issue.
But either way I think Small Diamond should certainly require 44 or less Small Coals to be spawned. I'd say 44 is nice since it is practically half of the regular diamond requirement and given the stat cap on Small Diamonds, I think its a fair number.

I have mentioned before, but I feel like reiterating again.

1. for lvl 100 toons up mana to 2440 for two 3-star upgrades

2. make toons able to look 90 degrees up and down

3. remove # of towers to buff limit on hero guardian familiars, and perhaps range also

Had mentioned these suggestions to gunnerq69 already, but I'll post them here fore more opinions and discussion:

1. Can we have a shortcut-key that adds / removes items from trades? Similar to how " L " the default key for Lock/Unlock items works. So we can add another shortcut-key to add and remove item from trades. As per gunnerq69, these are the keys currently available(i.e. not used in the default settings) -- "M", "N", "O", "P", "Y", "Z"
  2. More or less in line with the previous suggestion -- another short-cut key for setting prices on items in the AFK-shop as well. Currently it takes 2-3 clicks to do that. So with a shortcut key we can just hit the key and the pop-up to set the price opens up.
  3. "ENTER" key doesn't work on "Accept" button in-game, what I mean by that is lets say -- you are setting the price on your item, once you are done adding the price, hitting "ENTER" key doesn't do anything. Can we have it so that if you press Enter key it triggers to press the Accept button.

@anotherengineer quote:

for lvl 100 toons up mana to 2440 for two 3-star upgrades

My suggestion would be:

Add a level 101. This may require an exorbitant amount of xp, personally I'd like to see it take twice as much as level 100. Once you are level 101 you get a nice 1000 points to put into hero stats, no more 985, and you can hold 2440 mana. I'm sure some of my heroes, especially my upping jester, would already have a ridiculous amount of xp if it did not cap.

@Black Mamba quote:

Had mentioned these suggestions to gunnerq69 already, but I'll post them here fore more opinions and discussion:

1. Can we have a shortcut-key that adds / removes items from trades? Similar to how " L " the default key for Lock/Unlock items works. So we can add another shortcut-key to add and remove item from trades. As per gunnerq69, these are the keys currently available(i.e. not used in the default settings) -- "M", "N", "O", "P", "Y", "Z"
  2. More or less in line with the previous suggestion -- another short-cut key for setting prices on items in the AFK-shop as well. Currently it takes 2-3 clicks to do that. So with a shortcut key we can just hit the key and the pop-up to set the price opens up.
  3. "ENTER" key doesn't work on "Accept" button in-game, what I mean by that is lets say -- you are setting the price on your item, once you are done adding the price, hitting "ENTER" key doesn't do anything. Can we have it so that if you press Enter key it triggers to press the Accept button.

Fairly certain M is not available.  Havent checked into the others but M is my mana drop button. :)

Oh yea I think M is for Dropping Mana by default. I didn't notice that since I have it re-mapped to C.
But I think there are plenty of keys still available and we just need 2 if the above suggestions are considered (and feasible/possible). 

@ThePoet424 quote:
My suggestion would be:
Add a level 101. This may require an exorbitant amount of xp, personally I'd like to see it take twice as much as level 100. Once you are level 101 you get a nice 1000 points to put into hero stats, no more 985, and you can hold 2440 mana. I'm sure some of my heroes, especially my upping jester, would already have a ridiculous amount of xp if it did not cap.

If I may add on this, also on Level 101, you will be allowed to use ANY kind of Animus Pet on your base class character, and therefore no restrictions will apply.

Could you guys try to optimise CD ? That map isn't really fps friendly...
You could try to have a look into Winter Wonderland and Akatiti too.

Also, would it be possible to add a feature to change the entry level during a run ? In the pause menu for example.

And make a AA sign to display in the tavern too pls.

Ogres in particular have both a high poly count and a lot of bones in their skeleton- seriously, every toe and finger has a bone and can be articulated for animations. So the ogre has a higher than average performance drain per enemy than any other enemy except maybe the bosses. (originally the ogre itself was treated as a boss). This may at least partially account for why performance drops more substantially when many of them are spawned vs. other mobs.