Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 Discussions Incoming!! We Need Your Input!!

Really, almost any type of talent has a place. I myself have personally been hoping to find someone with musical tallent- but that's definitely a real challenge to come across. :P

Also maybe a toggle render for auras and traps or anything that eats fps might be a viable idea?

*Edit*

Possibly a sort function within item boxes as well

I thought of a easy way to get rid of hacks ( make them less overpowered ). Simply cap all stats at max possible. with 12k or something auras cant be as big as the map and they have to learn how to build even with hacks. This way we can get rid of alot of hackers.

@Alhanalem quote:

Really, almost any type of talent has a place. I myself have personally been hoping to find someone with musical tallent- but that's definitely a real challenge to come across. :P

I know we have had this conversation a few times, but what kind of music are you looking for. Its hard for one artist to recreate another artists music point to point so I don't know if I could do something similar... but I could try.

I'm in a poetry class this semester for school and my poems are always set in a musical like theme and eventually incorporated into songs so I could easily work on both projects at once. Send me a message with an idea of some themes you could be looking for and I can see what I can whip up with a couple of the free music makers. If I need to get a paid program I can but I won't worry about it till I get a "Yes, we will take this stuff" since the good ones can get a little high in price.

So i have 2 of what i think are great ideas. 1. Add a button on every item thats prevents it from being accidentally sold to tav keep. Personally i have already sold multiple drills and some nice armor to tav keep on accident. 2. Make there be a way to price ALL items in same folder at 1 time. I have got 15 pages of trans armors in my shop that i wanted to make the same price, and yet i spent like 2hrs pricing each and every one individually. This would save countless players a good chunk of time.

@starfox64_0 quote:

@Alhanalem quote:

I know we have had this conversation a few times, but what kind of music are you looking for. Its hard for one artist to recreate another artists music point to point so I don't know if I could do something similar... but I could try.

I'm in a poetry class this semester for school and my poems are always set in a musical like theme and eventually incorporated into songs so I could easily work on both projects at once. Send me a message with an idea of some themes you could be looking for and I can see what I can whip up with a couple of the free music makers. If I need to get a paid program I can but I won't worry about it till I get a "Yes, we will take this stuff" since the good ones can get a little high in price.

At this point it's probably a little late for what I had in mind, but we had to use existing DD1 music for the Polybius temple because of legal issues (it's not exactly what you might expect though). I suppose we could add something after the fact, but if you have some experience in this area feel free to message me with samples. You can also play the Workshop version of the map which is still freely available on my workshop to get an idea of the sort of style (it's more ambient than most DD tracks but it still felt like it fit) http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228141056

(Disclaimer: the map is undergoing substantial updates for the CDT but the basic structure is still the same)

Of course we can also try to get you on board if you think you can/want to contribute on a reuglar basis, but there's some legal stuff. If you're curious about this you can PM ddace to find out more.

1. Add a button on every item thats prevents it from being accidentally sold to tav keep. Personally i have already sold multiple drills and some nice armor to tav keep on accident.

There is already plenty of features in the inventory management to help you not sell items accidentally. Adding buttons on the go for individual items would mean unnecessary coding. If correctly I understand what you mean -- basically it will come down to -- if you have 600 items, it would require 600 individual buttons for each item. Where you gonna fit that? There is already a lock all button which you should use along with making folders to move your gear and another folder to move looted gear. Not that hard.

2. Make there be a way to price ALL items in same folder at 1 time. 

That is a good suggestion. Although right now you can copy paste prices which is not ideal but its better than pressing multiple buttons. If you don't know how it works -- Select an item, set a price for it. Then again open the pop-up for changing its price, only this time press CTRL+C then accept the price. Now select another item and press CRTL+V to paste the previously selected price. That's way faster than individually pricing items.
In case if the in-game CRTL+C doesn't work for you, you can open up notepad or a steam chat window, type your price in and copy that and proceed to paste it on the items.
Although an option to set prices for all items at once from the folder would make life so much easier.

@Black Mamba quote:

1. Add a button on every item thats prevents it from being accidentally sold to tav keep. Personally i have already sold multiple drills and some nice armor to tav keep on accident.

There is already plenty of features in the inventory management to help you not sell items accidentally. Adding buttons on the go for individual items would mean unnecessary coding. If correctly I understand what you mean -- basically it will come down to -- if you have 600 items, it would require 600 individual buttons for each item. Where you gonna fit that? There is already a lock all button which you should use along with making folders to move your gear and another folder to move looted gear. Not that hard.

Even with the lock feature, when you equip an item to a character and then place it back into a box, the item can occasionally be unlock when removed from your character. I have this happen with items frequently and it gets really annoying. The current item locking needs fixed because its really inconsistent with equipped items.

Yea that has happened with me and needs to be fixed so that any time you equip an item -- it automatically gets a lock.
Also any-time you pick an item from the floor or in-game it automatically gets a lock, floor items already have this if you have tavern lock enabled, so it can be easy to apply on maps as well. Also removing items from shop get a lock on them as well by default.

But I'm not sure if [[57870,users]] was suggesting that, unless I've misunderstood his point.

But for the time-being I always make sure I have all the items locked before i put them one.
Not to mention the fact that I have separate chars for separate uses/requirements. A dedicated lvl 80 jester for Shop Management, another one for Lab Runs, another one for Upgrading and another one for DPS. I've come to terms in swapping chars and making new ones as the need arises rather than swapping items in-and-out for the same char. After I accidentally sold my Howling Werewolf, I've decided not to swap items on chars other than 1 or 2 pets at max.

i have a good suggestion 

when your trading for mana you can only add mana using the arrows wich is not accurate 

7YNGNmd.jpg

so i suggest that we add adding mana using the keyboard numbers wich can very accurate other using arrows  

@kg4q quote:

i have a good suggestion 

when your trading for mana you can only add mana using the arrows wich is not accurate 

7YNGNmd.jpg

so i suggest that we add adding mana using the keyboard numbers wich can very accurate other using arrows  

This one has been mentioned by several players before and has already been implemented for update 3.  :)

I would suggest Item box with sorted folders with different colors for each kind. Like pets, weapons, accessories, armors with different color folders. Something like the main folder is already inside within the game which cant be deleted but the function such as adding,creating,renaming,deleting is still available inside the main folders. Maybe 1000 instead of 600 items after achievement completed & 500 for Hero Shop.  

Thanks CDT nicely done so far!!!

As for things I would really like to see

1. Ability to point/aim up/down 90 degrees

2. lvl 100 toons have 2440 mana for two 3 star upgrades

3. Remove tower limit cap on guardian pets.  That 5 tower limit really makes those pets limited

On the subject of loot beams, I think an option to alter the intensity of the beam would be useful for visibility purposes, as I often find that the loot beams are hard to see within a minion line on top of a buff beam with traps and stuff in the way.

I also second the character limit increase to 40!

@Inferno.0b quote:

On the subject of loot beams, I think an option to alter the intensity of the beam would be useful for visibility purposes, as I often find that the loot beams are hard to see within a minion line on top of a buff beam with traps and stuff in the way.

What do you mean by second the character Limit increase to 40 ???

@kg4q quote:

@Inferno.0b quote:

He means he supports the character limit increase to 40. 
"I second that/it" = You support/or are in agreement with an argument/proposal made by someone else. 

@Black Mamba quote:

@kg4q quote:

@Inferno.0b quote:

"I second that/it" = You support/or are in agreement with an argument/proposal made by someone else. 

you just made it more complicated :D

does he mean the limit to create heroes is 40 ?

@kg4q quote:

@Black Mamba quote:

@kg4q quote:

@Inferno.0b quote:

you just made it more complicated :D

does he mean the limit to create heroes is 40 ?

He wants the character limit to go to 40

What I (and possibly a lot of other people, including those I know) would really love to see, is the adaption or removal of lab assault.

IMO the loot the map rewards is way too good, given how easy it is. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the game, as in making it to high waves by building good defenses, by just allowing people to abuse an obvious glitch and end up with better items most of the time with way less effort.

It's just very counterintuitive. 

Either the glitch or the loot should be adapted.

Problem in nerf-ing Lab Assault would be the sheer outrage that will follow. And Trendy doesn't handle the development of the game, so the CDT will have to face backlash, from newbies and from players with 5-6k+ stats alike. Having it nerfed all of a sudden will be a massive issue to deal with given how many people rely on Lab Assault for gear and trading.

IMO,  Lab Assault has practically crashed the entire armor, pets and accessories economy since its release.  You should've raised the issue about Lab Assault offering way too much stuff for way little effort back when it was released. But I guess everyone was busy with getting better gear with it, and only now it seems broken.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

@MrSossenbinder quote:

What I (and possibly a lot of other people, including those I know) would really love to see, is the adaption or removal of lab assault.

IMO the loot the map rewards is way too good, given how easy it is. It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the game, as in making it to high waves by building good defenses, by just allowing people to abuse an obvious glitch and end up with better items most of the time with way less effort.

It's just very counterintuitive. 

Either the glitch or the loot should be adapted.

that is a bad suggestion (No offense)

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask / suggest these things but having recently picked up the game again since Embermount, and a big thank you to the CDT team for releasing new content, I feel I can comment again.

Bugs:

On Embermount Survival I am seeing a lot of items despawn if I open chests at the end of a wave. As I thought it could be because the floor is full I would sometimes pick up several items before opening a chest but I would still see items despawn. Ususally if two items came from a chest one would despawn before I could even check it.

Rewards:

Speaking of Ember (again - great map, looks good, really challenging boss) I would love to see the rewards match more closely the difficulty of the map. I know RNG is a tough mistress so I will say nothing on the weapon rewards but I did find it odd that, after about 30 runs, I was getting more than 75% of my accessories being Cursed.

I suppose Rewards would lead onto Lab, particularly as the above posters have raised it as an issue. I agree with Mambo that there would be some temporary outcry at nerfing lab but I do believe that it would be temporary and would not kill the game. As before, when it was last discussed, I would be happy at seeing Lab modified somehow to balance the game as a whole. The last time this was seriously discussed there was still a very strong lab running economy. Unless this has all now gone underground it seems less prevalent now.

Ideally, and I can imagine that this must be very hard to do, I would prefer to see Survival drops be improved to match the difficulty and commitment required to run them and perhaps this is the best way to 'nerf' Lab.

Question: 

Wow, another smooth segue, could the CDT explain the mechanics of Survival. By this I specifically mean the impact of playing with more than 1 player in the map. Now, I know that having 2 players means more mobs than if there was only one player. But does it also mean:

a) MORE drops?

b) BETTER drops? (individually, not by definition of having more drops and therefore more chances of a good drop)

c) INCREASED number of items staying on the floor without despawning?

Could the CDT indicate the effect of the Mixed Mode modifier please? Again, I think I have a working knowledge (from chat room explantions) but other community members might like to understand it too.

I highly doubt if the outcry will be temporary. There is hardly any active playerbase and whatever other players are left rely heavily on Lab to get gear considering the current situation with Golden Wyverns in Survival. I did easily clear Sky City wave 30(I love this map's survival) a couple of times with some tweaks, but I have 6-6.5k stats across, the average player that does Lab for gear grinding doesn't have that. Given how cheap armor is people barely make a profit from Lab running alone, and nerfing that would most certainly upset a lot of them.

Any time you check the lobby-list/browser, there are at least 2-3 runs going on. So people are still actively running it. While I would personally want Lab to be balanced, I doubt it will be done. 

In my 2 Sky City Runs (post wave 23 as 2x Summoner) I had ZERO Supreme armor dropped, forget Ults. And a grand total of 9 Trans armor dropped, yes 9 after wave 23. Rest EVERYTHING was Myth(regardless of how high end) and CURSED Armor for crying out loud. Cursed armor on NMHC Survival runs DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!!! If I wanted Cursed Armor, I'd go and do Lab a few times. I get plenty there everyday, I don't need Cursed Armor from NMHC Survivals.

What could be balanced in Survival is that stop dropping Myths(or lower) post Wave 23 on certain maps and drop only Trans or Higher. On my second Sky City run at Wave 28 there was ZERO Trans Armor. Right now Lab gives me more trans armor than a late-game wave in Survival. This is not acceptable, and I'm dead sure this wasn't the case with Survival prior to the CDT days. Surely someone has messed up the numbers and needs to take responsibility of that and fix Survival to where it was earlier. And if anything give it buff.

Pretty sure in the v7.5xx days that wasn't the case with Survival. I dunno whether Trendy changed survival drops criteria/numbers or CDT messed it up, but is messed up right now.

Therefore considering that Survival is dropping garbage right now, and has become hard all of sudden due to one enemy type, the only viable option for people to get gear is Lab Assault. Therefore there will be outcry, a lot of it, if Lab is nerfed.

Hardly anyone does survival when maps like Lab Assault, Moon Base, Akatiti, etc. give you good enough gear to clear the game on NMHC. Right now there is no incentive to do Survival given how long it takes for some maps. In that much time I'd have collected double the amount of armor AND pets AND accessories from running Lab.

My suggestion would be to make survival like Lab. Give people an incentive to run it.

Here is an idea: Boss Reward weapons were supposed to be good, but other than the Oculus, Monk Wrench, Krytytal, Steam Saw and Lemurian hardly anything from Shard's Bosses are worthwhile. So have those drop on Survival too. Not the core drop version, but the actual reward versions. One per player depending on the class-type and with Supreme or higher quality along with a 2-3 high quality random accessories that may go with that map theme.(We can come up with Map specific themed accessories if required)
Have accessories awarded after wave 25 and weapons awarded after 
completing Wave 30.

Nerfing Lab isn't an option. Much rather have some decent buff on Survival as mkjo mentioned.

→ Hmm, I'm actually very much in agreement with the general sentiment of your post @Black_Mamba , but I was actually about to create a thread asking if the CDT at some point improved the drop rate of higher-quality armor on Survivals. I ask, because I've been running King's Game & Moonbase survivals, and once I got into waves 20+ , there were like 5-6 Trans pieces dropping per wave (albeit I was playing on Summoner). The Moonbase Trans armors all seemed relatively sub-par for some reason, but in one KG Surv, I had a few multi-capping Trans upgrades (my builders haven't seen upgrades in a fairly long time...), 2 Supremes (they were both garbage), and an Ult piece from a chest (usable DPS stats, but it wasn't anything fantastic).

→ Maybe the Survival rewards from the earlier Eternia Shards' maps just don't have as good of a chance to drop higher-quality items? I dunno... (but I figured I'd share my experiences just for the sake of conversation!)

→ Also, while I admit that I personally only run it on occasion, I think I'd personally be against nerfing Lab Assault rewards, since I think we'd be missing the root problem if we did so. Recall that Lab Assault is supposed to be incredibly difficult, so good rewards make perfect sense. IMO, if we're nerfing anything, it would make much much more sense to decrease the area-of-effect for the BF Drill, rather than nerf the rewards from Lab Assault. Again, I'd prefer if it were left alone (say what you will about me), but perhaps removing the BF Drill exploit for Lab Assault would springboard us toward what I would imagine was Trendy's original intentions for the Lab Assault Challenge, where successful completion requires a solid team of active DPS-ers (though in that situation, I think we'd actually need to improve the reliability of Lab rewards for it to be worth requiring >4 active Players in order to beat it in the time limit).

--------> ;tldr = If we nerf Lab Assault, what we'll have leftover is simply a map that is STILL exploitable, but that no one plays anymore. If we nerf the BF Drill, and leave the Lab Assault rewards alone, we [might...] have a Lab Assault that requires a team of well-geared, active DPS-ers in order to win, and that rewards these Players accordingly! (Am I being too optimistic for thinking that could be possible? ;D haha)