Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 Discussions Incoming!! We Need Your Input!!

@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

@g_cracka88 quote:
@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

Hello there people who are graciously reviving the game that I have poured about 150+ hours into.  I feel like I need to request a "full wipe/reset button" to the game because I want to feel the successful feeling of getting those achievements again, getting the mana, ect. I keep on seeing all of these updates and I want to experience some of them through a fresh new game. That would be appreciated if you could do that. Thanks ^-^ 

You could always make a new Steam account and start from scratch -- you don't really need the CDT in order to start again ;)

Well yeah I would love to do that. Except, I'm not going to buy all the dlcs again. I know a lot of people are happy with what they have, but isn't a reset all button kind of mandatory for a lot of games? You can't even go into the steam files and reset your save you have to delete your cloud save for that and that would be easy if I haven't played 100s of other games with a steam cloud save.

That is a fair point... But wanting every DD player in existence to lose all of their progress and start from square 1 just because you want to is a little self-centered, don't you think?

Request: Adjust target-point to be some units above the ground. Currently missiles are flying to Z=0 above ground. I could not build the Reflect Beam any other... Copters were always shooting underneath the Reflect Beam.

8F2327145ECC1F191DFAF51407C43D54EC55ED6B

@g_cracka88 quote:
@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

Hello there people who are graciously reviving the game that I have poured about 150+ hours into.  I feel like I need to request a "full wipe/reset button" to the game because I want to feel the successful feeling of getting those achievements again, getting the mana, ect. I keep on seeing all of these updates and I want to experience some of them through a fresh new game. That would be appreciated if you could do that. Thanks ^-^ 

You could always make a new Steam account and start from scratch -- you don't really need the CDT in order to start again ;)

@g_cracka88 quote:
@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

@g_cracka88 quote:
@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

Well yeah I would love to do that. Except, I'm not going to buy all the dlcs again. I know a lot of people are happy with what they have, but isn't a reset all button kind of mandatory for a lot of games? You can't even go into the steam files and reset your save you have to delete your cloud save for that and that would be easy if I haven't played 100s of other games with a steam cloud save.

That is a fair point... But wanting every DD player in existence to lose all of their progress and start from square 1 just because you want to is a little self-centered, don't you think?

That does look bad but I'm not saying that.

I'm saying an optional button in the settings that allows you to wipe your OWN player data. I'm not saying we should all be reset I'm saying we should be able to reset if we want to.

@EagleOne quote:

Request: Adjust target-point to be some units above the ground. Currently missiles are flying to Z=0 above ground. I could not build the Reflect Beam any other... Copters were always shooting underneath the Reflect Beam.

I've had this exact problem on Embermount:

D9D9B70D7D8D72D31E5643B408CE7518E98CEC53

You can see the rocket has passed under the reflect wall there.  Sometimes they reflect, and sometimes they pass underneath.

@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

We can't reset your achievements. You can reset your progress on Open/local by simply deleting your save file, however. You may be able to contact Trendy through the support site and have them delete your ranked save if that's what you really want. I don't think we can make a button that does that.

I know it's probably been discussed many times but it seems like it's needed to keep the competition side of dd1 alive.

Infinite Rounds.

Basically, the survival mode with NO ROUND CAP.

As far as I'm aware, the reason why this has yet to be implemented is due to computers not being able to handle it. That's why I propose a different system.

create an update that allows this game mode that, once the enemy count reaches a certain number (i.e 3000), increase the enemy's attack damage / movement speed etc.. this could be done in many ways such as * the previous rounds' damage by an increasing variable as the rounds increase which could easily be tweaked for each difficulty.

One other suggestion is to replace normal enemies with harder enemies like ogres.

Sorry for making this sound like a rant but I really want to bring back the competitive side of dd1 for the most advanced players like me who have too OP gear for nmhcsmm matches.

I know hackers will likely jump on this to be at the top, that's why I suggest allowing the community decide if they were hackers or not. simply store the top high scorer's match data such as weapon stats. allow people in the community to vote if they hacked and if they are voted as hackers, then you guys check their player data to see their inventory and such... You then remove their status as top dog and give them a warning. If they repeat the match with hacked equipment, ban them from playing that game mode.

Also, remove any hacked weapons found. That should also deter hackers from even trying.

↓ please like this post to get it read ↓

That sounds weird because 32 seems a lot for many... but i frequently have to delete a hero or switch gear between them... would it be possible to increase heroes from 32 (4 pages) to 40 (5 pages)

- 6 trans-armored builders
- 6 full mythical builders
- 7 hybrid heroes
- 7 DPS: Monk, Initiate Huntress, Ranger, Jester, Squire, Barbarian
- 2 Upgrader: Jester, Summoner
- 4 Special: 2k barbarian, lvl 70 dps monk, lvl 60 lab runner, shop-agent

@[GB] n0ught quote:

I know it's probably been discussed many times but it seems like it's needed to keep the competition side of dd1 alive.

Infinite Rounds.

As far as I'm aware, the reason why this has yet to be implemented is due to computers not being able to handle it. That's why I propose a different system.

create an update that allows this game mode that, once the enemy count reaches a certain number (i.e 3000), increase the enemy's attack damage / movement speed etc.. this could be done in many ways such as * the previous rounds' damage by an increasing variable as the rounds increase which could easily be tweaked for each difficulty.

One other suggestion is to replace normal enemies with harder enemies like ogres.

Sorry for making this sound like a rant but I really want to bring back the competitive side of dd1 for the most advanced players like me who have too OP gear for nmhcsmm matches.

I know hackers will likely jump on this to be at the top, that's why I suggest allowing the community decide if they were hackers or not. simply store the top high scorer's match data such as weapon stats. allow people in the community to vote if they hacked and if they are voted as hackers, then you guys check their player data to see their inventory and such... You then remove their status as top dog and give them a warning. If they repeat the match with hacked equipment, ban them from playing that game mode.

Also, remove any hacked weapons found. That should also deter hackers from even trying.

rather hard to believe that ember nmhcmm is to easy for you on a summ... 

there is an endless surv for buc bay in challenges though

@[GB] n0ught quote:

Infinite Rounds.

Likes dont get a post read more than others.  As harry mentioned though there is an endless map as you have described.  Try pirate invasion and see how many phases you can clear.  

Note:  You are likely looking for armor which this really isnt geared towards.  However it will give you an idea of what such mechanic looks like.

@EagleOne quote:

That sounds weird because 32 seems a lot for many... but i frequently have to delete a hero or switch gear between them... would it be possible to increase heroes from 32 (4 pages) to 40 (5 pages)

- 6 trans-armored builders
- 6 full mythical builders
- 7 hybrid heroes
- 7 DPS: Monk, Initiate Huntress, Ranger, Jester, Squire, Barbarian
- 2 Upgrader: Jester, Summoner
- 4 Special: 2k barbarian, lvl 70 dps monk, lvl 60 lab runner, shop-agent

can i triple second this one i want more characters i now have to find room for trans builders plus my main and myth builders. along with dps and fun character that i want to make like a full health squire with block.

Is it possible to increase the melee character's reach? (the area they hit around them) because I have no use for one for DPS since you need so much health for end game. Not by a huge amount but could you add more attack range for the melee characters. You could revert it if people don't like it but I think it will encourage people to use melee DPS more.

i was going to purchase the barbarian but there's no reason since I have a level 91 dps huntress that doesn't lose health so has no chance of dying.

I'm not telling you what to do, I just think it could be an interesting change that could balance things out a bit since almost everyone uses the Jester for DPS.

thx ♡

@[GB] n0ught quote:

Is it possible to increase the melee character's reach? (the area they hit around them) because I have no use for one for DPS since you need so much health for end game. Not by a huge amount but could you add more attack range for the melee characters. You could revert it if people don't like it but I think it will encourage people to use melee DPS more.

i was going to purchase the barbarian but there's no reason since I have a level 91 dps huntress that doesn't lose health so has no chance of dying.

I'm not telling you what to do, I just think it could be an interesting change that could balance things out a bit since almost everyone uses the Jester for DPS.

thx ♡

Melee characters' attack range increases with the size of the weapon you are holding.

How about the ability to stop a characters progression?  For those who may want characters that stay at level 74 or level 60 or whatever.  That way we could play those characters without worrying about getting XP.

Or perhaps a way for characters to give back experience for those of us that may have already leveled a character too far.

Maybe I'm the only one.  Would anyone find this useful?

@[GB] n0ught quote:

Melee DPS is already very good and doesn't need to be improved.  Melee monks and barbarians are both excellent DPS characters, with monk generally being the best DPS in the game.

Like Caimen0 said, your range scales with the weapon size, so with a very small weapon you can miss the tavern dummy even at point blank (bug?), and with a large weapon you have plenty of range. 

IMO health is a mostly useless stat in this game, except for on the squishiest heroes (DPS summoner / DPS adept).  For most characters, you just need to max your resists, which are far more important than health.

Can you make it so we can put apostrophes in item names?  Like, if I want to name an item "Plane's Seahorse" rather than "Planes Seahorse".

@[GB] n0ught quote:

thx ♡

Well umm first of all, jester comapred to a monks dps or a barbs dps is incredibly insignificant so idk why you are saying everyone uses jester for dps.

But everyone before me said, a melee chars range is a factor of the weapon they are holding. Also you do not need much hp on endgame maps cept for Ember

Can you allow mana bomb / purity bomb on assault again, but with a lower range than normal?  Assault isn't as fun without mana bomb :( 

@Plane quote:

IMO health is a mostly useless stat in this game, except for on the squishiest heroes (DPS summoner / DPS adept).  For most characters, you just need to max your resists, which are far more important than health.

Or if your connection has a funny habit of lagging out. Being able to tank a few seconds of anything can be mighty helpful for some of us kobold.png

Please, can you increase the visibility of the buff beam effect that appears on buffed towers? Especially on the archer minion from the summoner, it can be really hard to see what towers are buffed and what towers might need another buff beam.

I can't remember if I saw this suggestion somewhere else or not but maybe seeing EV's on Lab Assault would be a nice addition

@Milkman quote:

I can't remember if I saw this suggestion somewhere else or not but maybe seeing EV's on Lab Assault would be a nice addition

Or at least make them unstuck themselves. (This is more a quality-of-life change rather than making it easier)

@[GB] n0ught quote:

Please, can you increase the visibility of the buff beam effect that appears on buffed towers? Especially on the archer minion from the summoner, it can be really hard to see what towers are buffed and what towers might need another buff beam.

The effect isn't visible at all on ogre minions.  Maybe the ogre is too big, so the red beams appear inside its stomach?

After a few Mistymite survival runs, there's something about the map I've noticed: Misty is extremely picky about giving out its unique map drops.

Of the 2 runs I've done so far, I have gotten 3 ults and 3 supremes, which I consider pretty good for a Mistymire run.

The problem is that of those 3 ults and 3 supremes, only 1 ult was a unique weapon drop when normally you would be lucky to see more than 1/3 of that be armor. This cannot be accounted for simply by the armor drop rate change, as Embermount Volcano drops Carboard Tubes like no tomorrow. Of the rather generous amount of trans, there was a grand total of... 2 unique map drops total from both runs. You literally cannot farm unique drops on Mistymire right now.

@CrzyRndm quote:

Will have to investigate what controls the addition of those weapons and where it could have changed

This could be happen due to loot despawn feature. Just saying.

________

Re-thinking of item quality colors

Currently Trans and U++ are almost the same color, makes it hard to recognize a U++ drop... at least for me.

Do you see the U++?
8AAD745F439509F5FF197870F919835CFE44C44E

For a better color distinction I would completely reorganize the color scheme.

• Blue for Mythical
  • Turquoise for Transcendent
  • Green for Supreme
  • Yellow for Ultimate
  • Orange for Ultimate+
  • Red for Ultimate++

This way we have a clear distinction between lower and higher quality items. The drawback of a change is that probably some people will be confused at first, people who have not taken any notice about it. Anyways, could we please try this within the next beta?

As for the green colored indication for an upgrade. How about showing them up as a little star on the minimap instead of a dot. For Godly- a white star, for mythical a blue star.

Aside this suggestion I would love to toggle between following setup on the minimap.

• Show defenses and upgrade icons
  • Show defenses but no upgrade icons
  • Hide defenses and upgrade icons

This helps to determine drops between similar defense and upgrade colorization.