Sign in to follow this  
ddace

CDT Update 3 Discussions Incoming!! We Need Your Input!!

Greetings Defenders!!  Update 2 has arrived and the CDT is already looking forward to what we can bring to you in Update 3.  We are looking to bring new maps  along with some other previously requested improvements.  We also want to still continue to evaluate the towers that were rebalanced in Update 2 to and look at perhaps a couple more.  There are also a few ideas that center around progression we have had and would like to get your opinions on them.  

So please be sure to stop in and provide your input on changes you would like, dont like or provide other suggestions to help improve the game we all love.  

Note:  We want to see if we can keep this on a shorter release cycle than update 2 though so we may not get to all your ideas.  Keep them coming though.

Thanks and Happy Defending!!

Great thank to the CDT

Feature i would like to have and alot of other ppl would like too

the Tavern Style :

changing the Tavern style would be a great relief however staying on 1 Style will be boring 

if we have the ability to change between the three styles (Volcano , Moonbase , Normal) that will be great and thanks ^^

I would like to start with a huge thank you to the whole CDT.

However, the one thing I'm really interested in at this point is the mac/linux branch. Is there any update to that apart from "it might come in the future when Trendy has time to do it"? I personally use mostly linux, so at the moment its a huge hassle just to play the game for me. I also personally know one person who had to stop playing because all he had was a mac.

What I would like to see is one of two things:

1)  We get word from Trendy and they definitively say that they will not patch for mac/linux. In this case that really sucks, but its better than no word at all.

2)  We wait for Trendy to get the game to the same patch for mac/linux and then keep patching the game, adding more maps etc. But we KEEP THE MAC/LINUX BRANCH UP TO DATE.

Like I said at the start, I love the work that the CDT is doing, its keeping this game and the community alive. On the other hand it has also alienated a small portion of the community by splitting it essentially into two games. I would vastly prefer less frequent updates if that means we can keep the mac/linux branch up to date.

/(%/&%/&$/($()/ forums, typing this the 3rd time...

Not to let it fly under the radar... the community has placed an order I guess for the Hero Info button at the pause menu. It also seems that removing the hotkeys wouldn't be a big deal for the community, so I'd say go ahead. Future updates could still re-introduce the hotkeys when the actual issue has been resolved. If anyone still wants/needs to vote then do it here -> https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/137066

I'm awaiting openly communicated and discussed tower balance changes for Update 3. I assume we all agree that Apprentice needs some love, especially now with an even better Squire, just done better than before. I have a few ideas to improve his towers and make Apprentice again a viable choice. I already did some comparisons to the Squire, Apprentice' biggest competitor. Some numbers will look strange and overacted but they are plausible when we compare them to Squire. However, I'd love to see an Apprentice exclusive tower balance thread in the next days to not confuse users with current changes.

A request I mentioned somewhere before but most likely overlooked because of the heated discussions :) At the hero creation screen we do have a label called Player Skill Level which states Novice, Medium, Veteran and Master. I believe this label is misleading but at least inaccurate nowadays. I'd like to see a heroes role mentioned, e.g.

Apprentice -> Tower: Main / Hero: Support
Huntress -> Tower: Support / Hero: Main
Monk -> Tower: Support / Hero: Main
Squire -> Tower: Main / Hero: Support
Series EV -> Tower: Support / Hero: Main
Summoner -> Tower: Main / Hero: No Role
Barbarian -> Tower: No Role / Hero: Main
Jester -> Tower: Main / Hero: Main

Something like that, probably you guys have a more distinct suggestion. Viewing this, Jester is most likely the strongest character considering both aspects of the game. Her new main defenses can compete Squire's best defenses when we take DU costs into account. Too strong? Well, let us discuss balance changes in appropriate threads.

And as last request for now... I'd like too see Endless Boss Rush ported to Ranked with "more" bosses. More as in some are missing now, not more frequent :) Also Meltdown would be cool but with a tougher boss and the WoF should not take any affect on the boss. Talking about boss... I'd like to see a Golden Super Sharken (Captain Sharky and his crew) with insanely boosted abilities (like the Santa Imposter) spawning at the ship on last wave from Buccaneers Bay. A serious request!!!

Nerf I mean "balance" the monk to be more equal with other classes.

(i'll get soo much hate for this...)

@Pjtor quote:

hehe, yes you will as much as me while I want to slightly weak towers from Squire. You are right though, when we compare other heroes abilities like Call To Arms, Enemy Drain, Remote Defense Boost, Blood Rage which require mana as hell over time. A slight mana costs increase for Monks abilities while a slight decrease for mentioned above would make them more balanced.

@Pjtor quote:

i'm afraid if i say this they will nerf it so badly that he's useless but i agree 

BUT DON'T MAKE HIM USELESS ... if your going to nerf him anyway :P

Thanks CDT for all the work you have done i look forward to later patches but for now here i go on my tangent of stuff i think would be good.

1. I think that the menu hero info is a good idea if you are able to keep the stealing thing from not happening again.

2. I really like the idea to swap between taverns since it can add some more flavor to your tavern and make your unique like i would most likely always use this new ember one.

3. I feel that there should be a boss added to the pirate ship *tips hat to pew

4. More maps as always since they keep the game fresh

5. Now faster release schedule is a interesting one i do agree it is nice to have more content quicker but you need to insure that the content is properly thought out and high quality (not saying you guys would rush stuff) but if stuff gets rushed since you want to make a new patch every 4 months lets say. but you actually need 7 months to make a proper well thought out balanced and high quality patch that we all know you can. Then you need to take your time on the patch take the 7 months don't risk the 4 months to get it out fast since then it will just upset people it is much smarter to take your time and make sure it is the best you can make it before releasing it. This is a fan project you don't have corporate schedule and deadlines for when content must be made so there is no need to set these kind of deadlines on yourself at the cost of quality. But lets say you can make the patch in 6 months instead of 7 months but maybe give it a few less features but it is still a large patch with relevant high level content and adds alot to the game then i would say stick with that and add the few changes that the 1 month would bring into the following patch.  Focus the patch creation around the main content and carry the quality of life and other features the patches at a steady pace. Mainly i don't think that the time of release and cycle is that important over the content itself unless it is like the moon-base patch taking 2 years. Take the time you need i will wait and i'm sure lots of others will too.

6. Can we add hot keys for the new jester towers they still don't have hotkeys to the best of my knowledge.

7. More Acc sets and cosmedic sets.

Now for me having wishful thinking and dreaming about stuff that may never happen.

1. I would love to be able to set coal costs in shops i sell sup armor for 2 bill in my shop that is bad and i would love to change that to 1 coal but i can't and i really don't want to argue with people that offer 1 cube for a ult capping tower set. (i see the implications of this since some shops will just put everything for coal but i guess then they will not get many sales)

2. Can we do fancy acc events again i really miss having acc events they look so nice for making color matching sets and i want them back. since i don't really care about stats im fine with a event having 25 in all stats and being a mask or hat, or bracers.

3. I really want a root and stone sorta map like the Yggdrasil from norse mythology that you start at the top of the tree fighting on branches where you can fall to your death after maybe 3 waves you pull a CD and fall to ground level where they are roots and stone / grass defend there for around 3 waves before falling into the depths of the tree where you battle for 2 waves the first one being a swarm of monsters where you have little time to build a set up since the bottom level would be at 2 crystal map. and the second wave would be a boss wave where you fight a giant serpent that spits poison like the ogre spit ball but in a large spray and barrages of the djinn fire balls at the speed of a magic missile tower. after you beat that the map is over. Maybe you can even put a boss at each of the floors. That is basically my dream map the top one would be a 4 crystal map and the mid one would be a 3 crystal all wave total to a 8 wave map.

So now that is over i am going to copy and paste this just to make sure that i don't have to re type this post... That would suck. The bottom 3 are just me having fun theory crafting stuff but i think the first 7 or so are possible and would be nice.

oh and those event acc i need those they are my favorite.

> Atherial

Oh wow, it's here.  Awesome!

I'll have to take a look at it tonight, but what I've been wanting more than anything lately is just a nudge of stat progression.  I love the feeling of getting more powerful in this game.  Sorry that I've been out of the loop, but here's to hoping that there's a bit of that in CDT update 2, and perhaps more in the future!

The only other change I suggested a while back involved a bug with proximity traps, where overlapping explosion radii would result in inconsistent damage.. I'll have to look it up later.

Looking forward to trying this out, thanks so much for the work you've done.

Edit: Holy crap, you picked it out of the weeds.. thanks!  From patch notes: The highest damage dealt to a target by chained proximity mines will be dealt instead of the first to deal the damage

There are a few things I'd like to see implemented, some easier than others and some more likely to have strong opposition.  Not entirely sure what resources there are to work with or what time tables you have, but I figure might as well put it all out there.

-Wave Timers:  I mentioned this one before, but I'd really like to see Wave Timers as a toggle, similar to hardcore/mixed/survival/pure strategy modes for even more customization of handicaps (Hell, I wouldn't mind seeing other handicaps people could play around with like buffed monsters or half mana in chests or something).

-DDE Content: I'm assuming there will be plans to release the other DDE maps such as the siege tank and wasp maps, but I also would like to see some of the mechanics DDE had.  In particular: Pet activated abilities, dashing, weapon swapping and consumable items.

-Progression: I don't know what the CDT's plans for progression are, but I think it would warrant a separate topic.  There's a bit of a chaos knowing "what to do next" when leveling.  For the most part, it's hard to figure out where the next challenge lies once you've beaten the campaign.  Do you do bonus maps like Glitterhelm?  Do you go on to the Crystal Shards?  It's hard to say, as there are massive steps in some of these maps.  For example, my friend and I went through on hard and breezed through it, but jumping to the shards on hard was a massive step in difficulty, even after Glitterhelm.  I'd like to see a clear cut progression system weeded out, rather than the one we have now.  For example, maps like Palantir are welcome, but when the "hard" version of the map recommends level 80, there's some problems with the system.  It might just be me, but a map on one difficulty should not be easier than an earlier map on an even higher difficulty.

-Item and Stat normalization:  This is where I imagine most people will start throwing things at me.  I feel like items are a tad bit *too* random in the RNG.  While I had many issues with DD2, one particular thing I liked (ignoring that it was poorly implemented) was the clear distinction between items of certain qualities.  When an orange item drops, it's going to be better than a blue item.  In DD1, an item might be a better "quality", but it can roll with only 1 upgrade level and essentially lose significant amounts of value.  Building off of this, I think (bracing for impact) things such as item upgrade levels should be slightly more (if not entirely) standardized.  Item upgrading feels like its escalated rather extremely (though admittedly this is just a symptom of the general stat inflation itself).  I'd like to see something like a godly weapon has X amount of upgrade levels, whereas an ultimate has Y.  I'd argue for significantly less total upgrade levels, but I imagine that would spark some frustration, even if general stat pools were modified to compensate.  Still, I would at least like to see some discussion on the RNG related to items and stat inflation in general.

-Weapon "Balance"- I understand people enjoy the rarity of super weapons, but there could still be some balance so that people aren't shoehorned into specific kinds.  For example, the actual stat for weapon damage isn't particularly indicative of how valuable that weapon is given the hidden variables that aren't mentioned.  For newer players, this is incredibly frustrating to experience.  Essentially, it boils down to "The game told me this weapon is better, the stat is higher!" but because of varying weapon speeds and whatnot, it ends up being a loss in effectiveness. 

Is it possible to add the total number of times a map has been cleared to the all-time statistics page?  I bet it's not, because if the game kept track of that, it would probably already be on the page, but I wanted to ask anyway :) 

[[98289,users]]

Hotkeys should be on all new Jesters and Jesters created prior to update 1 can rebind them like every other class (open the action wheel, hover mouse over the key you want to bind, hold down hotkey you want to bind to for a second or so)

Apprentice mana bomb feels like garbage to use. Still.
6k Ab2 app- 60m damage every 40 seconds

6k  hatk + 3.5k ab2 barb - ~75m damage every 4 seconds (with cat ofc)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tbh it might be balanced as is but it feels like garbage to use, esp since barb can be boosted and apprentice can't. (see: 3k boost takes aforementioned barb to 300m)

I fully understand how broken mana bomb is when boosted, so I strongly suggest bringing the cooldown to ~25-30 seconds so you can actually make use of it vs stuff like Old One.

@CrzyRndm quote:

Atherial

Hotkeys should be on all new Jesters and Jesters created prior to update 1 can rebind them like every other class (open the action wheel, hover mouse over the key you want to bind, hold down hotkey you want to bind to for a second or so)

Thank you for that ill have to change that later.

Let's consider raising the level cap.  I'm not talking about adding new tiers of equipment, or anything like that.

I feel like it would be nice to gain more out of a long survival run where no item upgrades are found.  Just a trickle of power, nothing crazy.

First of all, huge thanks to the CDT and community for helping keep dd1 alive.

Now, a couple ideas i have: 1: I think it is odd we have seen absolutely NO endgame hammers or axes. So i think it would be very cool to add a hammer or axe in update 3. Said hammer or axe would swing VERY slowly, however, have great hawk dmg. This would add something new to the boring old steam saws. 

Idea 2: Add a new item type (yes you heard me). My idea for the new type, would be the magic item (only an armor type). The magic armor could double cap ult,  and fit into any set (would receive the ult set % bonus). On top of this, if you manage to wear a full set of magic armors, all of them would receive a 70% set bonus. The magic armor should be slightly rarer than ult++ armors, AND could only be found on survival mode (Thus giving a player a better reason to do survival over lab sometimes). 

Hope you liked atleast one of my ideas :). If not, thanks for taking the time to read it. 

Hello there people who are graciously reviving the game that I have poured about 150+ hours into.  I feel like I need to request a "full wipe/reset button" to the game because I want to feel the successful feeling of getting those achievements again, getting the mana, ect. I keep on seeing all of these updates and I want to experience some of them through a fresh new game. That would be appreciated if you could do that. Thanks ^-^ 

What I also like besides the quality filter is an option to specify a minimal amount upgrades to show items on the minimap. I've farmed Kings Game recently and a lot of Trans/Sup but also Ults spawn with 120-220^. Taking forever to check all stuff just too see it has that low upgrades.

btw i have a good idea 

the tavern keep stuff is 100% SHEEEAAAT so why don't you guys make it better and maybe after each mission something interesting will appear like a superme or ult armor or weps :)

Revert djinn-goldened enemies bonus to pre-patch values.

I don't mind my defenses getting stomped on by ogres, shot to rubble by copters, torn apart by sharkens, etc. This only means my build wasn't able hold out and got overwhelmed. I DO mind however when a single golden orc walks past everything straight to the crystal and smashes it with a single blow.

Some may consider it "increased difficulty" but it's a freaking mostly random thing which *might* happen. (Oh cool, everything works fine, 2 waves till boss, then a crystal blows up mid-wave without any indication) On old (pre-moonbase) maps alike. Yes I know I can change the build around to handle these/get better statz but I don't plan doing either. I prefer "speedrunning" which gets seriously affected by the new mechanism which encourages "turtling".

(if you have overall 4k+ stats and running any standard/shards campaign map with +3 afk last wave takes longer than 25mins you probably don't understand this)

Optinally

a) make the buff affect only maps added in the game after tinkerer's

b) make the golden enemies follow the same aggro mechanics like the ogres do

@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

Hello there people who are graciously reviving the game that I have poured about 150+ hours into.  I feel like I need to request a "full wipe/reset button" to the game because I want to feel the successful feeling of getting those achievements again, getting the mana, ect. I keep on seeing all of these updates and I want to experience some of them through a fresh new game. That would be appreciated if you could do that. Thanks ^-^ 

You could always make a new Steam account and start from scratch -- you don't really need the CDT in order to start again ;)

@Pjtor quote:

Revert djinn-goldened enemies bonus to pre-patch values.

I don't mind my defenses getting stomped on by ogres, shot to rubble by copters, torn apart by sharkens, etc. This only means my build wasn't able hold out and got overwhelmed. I DO mind however when a single golden orc walks past everything straight to the crystal and smashes it with a single blow.

Some may consider it "increased difficulty" but it's a freaking mostly random thing which *might* happen. (Oh cool, everything works fine, 2 waves till boss, then a crystal blows up mid-wave without any indication) On old (pre-moonbase) maps alike. Yes I know I can change the build around to handle these/get better statz but I don't plan doing either. I prefer "speedrunning" which gets seriously affected by the new mechanism which encourages "turtling".

I had my first bad experience with the stronger gold enemies.  I usually build a buffed aura stack on the center of CD (third part) along with a pair of gas traps.  But in one game, a golded wyvern flew past all that and killed the legendary hero, so I guess I can't do that anymore.

@g_cracka88 quote:
@Ra1nb0wDrag0n quote:

You could always make a new Steam account and start from scratch -- you don't really need the CDT in order to start again ;)

Well yeah I would love to do that. Except, I'm not going to buy all the dlcs again. I know a lot of people are happy with what they have, but isn't a reset all button kind of mandatory for a lot of games? You can't even go into the steam files and reset your save you have to delete your cloud save for that and that would be easy if I haven't played 100s of other games with a steam cloud save.

The only reset for ranked is to delete all heroes/gear and drop all mana somewhere. Achs / map completions / etc cannot be reset

Local / Open progress can be reset by deleting the DunDefHeroes.dun and .dun.bak files in "Binaries/Win32"