Sign in to follow this  
GadaiGER

Playercount is getting lower

I think its because the game is still in alpha and every has pretty much completed the content. And the fact you have a limit to how many characters you could make. Plus the amount of defender coins it costs to get a new hero. who knows.

For me, the game has no reason for me to grind good gear. I dont need to get beyond 650 ipwr to easily complete every map by myself. The game doesnt feel as fun as DD1/DDE was when Monster Fest was released and so far there is no mode that is as fun as Monster Fest. I dont even think DD2 could do a mode like Moster Fest and have it work well. Onslaught mode is extremely boring and I wish it was gone. Theres no reason for me to continue to play.

It seems a lot of people have the same problem. Besides the fact that there simply isn't any content that demands 700+ gear, there is always the chance that the next patch makes all your gear useless/subpar. So it really feels like a waste to maximize your gear. 

@Zyozu quote:

It seems a lot of people have the same problem. Besides the fact that there simply isn't any content that demands 700+ gear, there is always the chance that the next patch makes all your gear useless/subpar. So it really feels like a waste to maximize your gear. 

If they're going to tweak around gear again, then maybe do it with increasing the lvl cap and bringing out new max gear.

@Charr Legion quote:

That's not really the point I was trying to get across but sure, here are the following useless & underplayed defenses in the game (Not viable in NM4 and NM4 Incursions)

• Flameburst
  • Arcane Barrier
  • Earthshatter
  • Lightning Aura
  • Skyguard Tower
  • Explosive Trap
  • Geyser Trap
  • Boom Balloon
  • Cannonball Tower
  • Training Dummy
  • Reflect Beams
  • Weapon Manufactorer
As far as Skeletal Rams and Colossus are concerned, sure they're pretty good if you're actively using them but the fact is that the rest of the current meta does everything better even when it's not being used. PDT / Archers / Harpoon - etc.

As far as hero builds are concerned, yes the original four are indeed viable - especially Monk.

Keep in mind that balance is an ongoing process. It's not a one-and-done thing; it's a series of changes to get the defense vs. defense balance in a good place.

For example, Flamebursts should be getting more love in next week's patch. :)

@iamisom quote:

@Charr Legion quote:

That's not really the point I was trying to get across but sure, here are the following useless & underplayed defenses in the game (Not viable in NM4 and NM4 Incursions)

• Flameburst
  • Arcane Barrier
  • Earthshatter
  • Lightning Aura
  • Skyguard Tower
  • Explosive Trap
  • Geyser Trap
  • Boom Balloon
  • Cannonball Tower
  • Training Dummy
  • Reflect Beams
  • Weapon Manufactorer
As far as Skeletal Rams and Colossus are concerned, sure they're pretty good if you're actively using them but the fact is that the rest of the current meta does everything better even when it's not being used. PDT / Archers / Harpoon - etc.

As far as hero builds are concerned, yes the original four are indeed viable - especially Monk.

Keep in mind that balance is an ongoing process. It's not a one-and-done thing; it's a series of changes to get the defense vs. defense balance in a good place.

Charr Legion

Useless defenses? I honestly don't like it when someone puts up such a list and labels it. I have seen even to many people not even gearing for these and not even TESTING defenses and just labeling defenses. I love to test stuff out alot and so I kinda must disagree with some mentioned defenses.

Training Dummys are still very strong and cheap.

Earthshatter are ROCKING! Literally they easily kill stuff on all maps in Inc and normal NM4 and i see them very often used. They reach up to 700-800k damage per hit and have the DPS which easily rivals Archers.

Lightning Aura sure is not that high damage but it is still incredible strong and AOE. Give it a few frostys or a buff beam or a boost aura or whatever and it melts stuff.

Weapon Manufactorer is still one of the strongest defenses even though you need to be active like with the colossus.

Reflect Beams well they still kill everything on Spawn, it is not about their reflecting, its about their damage you know, and this is huge.

For Geyser and Cannonball i can say they are abit low on damage side, but their Utility is what makes them usefull. Both can kill frozen monster instantly and stun monster. They have a VERY VERY high instant kill rate and huge CC.

Flameburst and Skyguard and Explosive Traps I agree with you XD.

I do not envy you, isom. Having to deal with all these impatient whiny entitled people every day. I mean just look at how often patches comes out... I don't understand why these people always assume the current state of the game is the intended final decision on everything. 

@iamisom quote:

@Charr Legion quote:

• Flameburst
  • Arcane Barrier
  • Earthshatter
  • Lightning Aura
  • Skyguard Tower
  • Explosive Trap
  • Geyser Trap
  • Boom Balloon
  • Cannonball Tower
  • Training Dummy
  • Reflect Beams
  • Weapon Manufactorer

Please dont ignore Sky Guard, for its cost its in a sorry state of affairs, made worse by how strong ground/air unites like archers/PDT's are as simple anti air towers.

I am extremely well geared and I struggle with my anti air in solo, in public its way way below par to the point of not working due to scaling enemy HP pools. 

I should not be alone with close to perfectly rolled 762-779 ipw gear able to use them and only scrape through maps due to anti air issues, while people with 740~ ipwr and sub par rolls simply would have to use other anti air options.

Shy Guard got a bad rep when people were using a clump of them plus Betsy boots to murder poor old Betsy, and got hit hard with the nerf hammer and have never recovered They were also used to kill ogres by taunting them and making them jump away from towers and the AA towers would wipe them out.

They used to be OP now just surplus to requitrement so need some serious love, along with LSA.

@Fozzie quote:

Shy Guard got a bad rep when people were using a clump of them plus Betsy boots to murder poor old Betsy, and got hit hard with the nerf hammer and have never recovered They were also used to kill ogres by taunting them and making them jump away from towers and the AA towers would wipe them out.

They used to be OP now just surplus to requitrement so need some serious love, along with LSA.

agreed re SGT, but LSA is a lost cause, not even worth trying to get that back in the game.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

I do not envy you, isom. Having to deal with all these impatient whiny entitled people every day. I mean just look at how often patches comes out... I don't understand why these people always assume the current state of the game is the intended final decision on everything. 

- There is a difference between offering valid suggestions to improve the game and simply whining. Which post did you read that sounded like the latter rather than the former? (Remember, having a means of providing suggestions for improving the game is probably the biggest reason these forums exist in the first place!)

@g_cracka88 quote:

Which post did you read that sounded like the latter rather than the former? 

How about the very 1st line of the 1st post on this thread:

[...] AND YES THERE IS ALOT OF COMPLAINING 

He even admits himself that this thread is all about complaining, not about providing constructive feedback.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:
@g_cracka88 quote:

Which post did you read that sounded like the latter rather than the former? 

How about the very 1st line of the 1st post on this thread:

[...] AND YES THERE IS ALOT OF COMPLAINING 

He even admits himself that this thread is all about complaining, not about providing constructive feedback.

- Alright, I'll give you that one... lol - I've sort of been on and off following this thread, meaning that I haven't read the first few pages in a while, but the last page and a half of comments that I read sounded like solid constructive criticism. I agree that the post you mentioned had more whining than suggested improvements.

- (But I still think the whine-heavy comments constitute a minority of total posts in this thread ;P)

I stopped playing because of all the bugs they never seem to fix.. Example: the large spheres don't do *** anymore after last patch. i'm just tired of the BS new stuff out but they can't fix the old ***.Just saying.

@Zebrahash quote:

I stopped playing because of all the bugs they never seem to fix.. Example: the large spheres don't do *** anymore after last patch. i'm just tired of the BS new stuff out but they can't fix the old ***.Just saying.

Like I mentioned in my stream on Friday, we're working on revamping our bug reporting system so players can give us more visibility on which bugs/issues are more pressing than others. This is an Early Access game and bugs are to be expected, but we want to make sure we're tackling the bugs and issues that are causing a lot of frustration while we continue to develop the game.

Right now, bug reports are given to us everywhere (bug form, official forums, Steam forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, support tickets, private messages, etc.). By having everything fragmented, it can be difficult for us as a small team to gather all of that together to understand, okay, these are the most pressing bugs we need to fix because these are having the most impact on your gameplay. Also, the main way of gathering bugs (our in-game bug reporting form) is not public and forces players to submit all of the details on a bug, which is stopping some players from telling us about bugs. The new system we're investigating would allow players to "upvote" bugs they're seeing as a way of saying, yeah, I'm experiencing this, too, and please fix this before other bugs.

TL;DR We want to fix every bug, but we're working on a system that lets you tell us which bugs to prioritize over other bugs.

(Also, the broken skill spheres should be fixed in our next patch.)

(Also also, I have "please look into Skyguard balance" in my community feedback report this week.)

Awesome, I have not played the Demons Lair for a couple days, but I was only getting 3k XP in NM4 by doing it, if this is still the case, will this get fixed or was that intentional?

Be nice to communicate to the community what is intentional or not.. For example, lot of passives stack, but Big boy passive for Eve does not, we do not know if this is a bug or intentional.

iamisom :

- We appreciate your responses, but don't feel like you need to respond to players who aren't really offering anything constructive / helpful in their posts.

- I will be quick to admit that I have my frustrations with certain areas of the game as well (a lot of areas**, if we're being honest...), but even when it sounds like people on the forums aren't saying anything positive about the game, I hope that I can convince you (and the rest of Trendy Entertainment) that we're still all rooting for you guys! (and we know that you guys want the game to be as great as we want it to be, as well!). I could probably learn to be a bit more patient in the future though... (sorry...)

@iamisom quote:

TL;DR We want to fix every bug, but we're working on a system that lets you tell us which bugs to prioritize over other bugs.

(Also also, I have "please look into Skyguard balance" in my community feedback report this week.)

Firstly Legend.

Secondly, I really need to use that ingame tool more often, I will be reporting bugs via that from now on, rather then flooding the forums.

@iamisom quote:

@Zebrahash quote:

Like I mentioned in my stream on Friday, we're working on revamping our bug reporting system so players can give us more visibility on which bugs/issues are more pressing than others. This is an Early Access game and bugs are to be expected, but we want to make sure we're tackling the bugs and issues that are causing a lot of frustration while we continue to develop the game.

Right now, bug reports are given to us everywhere (bug form, official forums, Steam forums, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Twitch, support tickets, private messages, etc.). By having everything fragmented, it can be difficult for us as a small team to gather all of that together to understand, okay, these are the most pressing bugs we need to fix because these are having the most impact on your gameplay. Also, the main way of gathering bugs (our in-game bug reporting form) is not public and forces players to submit all of the details on a bug, which is stopping some players from telling us about bugs. The new system we're investigating would allow players to "upvote" bugs they're seeing as a way of saying, yeah, I'm experiencing this, too, and please fix this before other bugs.

You mean that Friday stream where the one dev said "I don't fix bugs, deal with it"  XD something around that line hehe. Gobu gobu gobu!! Goobu gobu gobu!!! I don't know if i should cry tears in sadness or from laughing. The stream was pretty funny.

(Don't want to namecall so people can look the stream up themself and enjoy the fun)

On a sidenote, i still don't like the voting system at all. Better set a high priority to bugs which actually influence the gameplay, like crashes and lags. These should be obviously fixed first so the players have at last an enjoyable experience playing when they choose to do it.

The issue is that management and executives (the people who decide what work gets done) really only care about flashy new things that will look good from a marketing perspective. A new map, a new incursion, and a new hero is a much sexier update than oh we redid skill spheres for a couple of heroes, tweaked some passives, and finally fixed ogres walking over walls.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

The issue is that management and executives (the people who decide what work gets done) really only care about flashy new things that will look good from a marketing perspective. A new map, a new incursion, and a new hero is a much sexier update than oh we redid skill spheres for a couple of heroes, tweaked some passives, and finally fixed ogres walking over walls.

- "Aye, there's the rub" ----> I feel like a good percentage of Free-To-Play games suffer from the same curse unfortunately =( ---> One of the only F2P games that I can think of off the top of my head that almost flawlessly combined "payment-only" exclusive item content updates (that you didn't need to play the game) with actual new content updates is Trion Worlds' "Rift", but now I'm starting to compare apples and oranges, given that Trion has approx. 200 employees , and TE has... well... a lot less than 200 employees (in other words, TE won't always be able to simultaneously push new content updates & Bug Fix updates, like a larger company might be able to -- it's a delicate balance between improving existing content to keep the current playerbase happy, while trying to create new content that will generate some income).

- Perhaps DD2 could have benefited more from a one-time payment business model + additional paid DLC-content (like DD1), but we'll probably never know the answer to that question.

It's not just free to play, and I did not mean to target that comment at Trendy, I think it applies to every business that creates software. The company I work from sells a product with ridiculously expensive subscription fees and we suffer from the same problem. 

[[4370,users]]

Top two bugs for me are lag when more than one player places towers and their range overlaps, and the skill spheres.

The build bug which causes a lot of lag is the biggest by a factor of 10.

[[4370,users]]

Any news on special pets returning? I've seen so many posts asking for them, yet no response.

@iamisom quote:

@Zebrahash quote:

Early Access...lmao i've been playing for almost a year. I;ve been dealing with the bugs..just got tired of it, gonna wait till full game maybe. When an if it comes to full game that is.  Its been a great game so far.