Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie

Your favourite DD1 non campaign map

Trendy seem to be slowly working through the campaign DD1 maps but which non-campaign map would you like them to reimagine soon.

For me it would be Sky City for the best boss fight, best pet drop and the Steam Saw.

Crystalline Dimension.

It was nice to fight 3 *spoilers* at once, and I really liked the *spoilers* boss fight. And let's not forget the fact that it were like 4,5 maps in 1 map. But those unlockable skins... so cool...Summoner_minimap_icon_c.png

i dunno, but i definitely liked the outdoor maps over the claustrophobic indoor ones

was a big fan of endless spires and its verticality so maybe i'll vote for that

@Fozzie quote:

Trendy seem to be slowly working through the campaign DD1 maps but which non-campaign map would you like them to reimagine soon.

For me it would be Sky City for the best boss fight, best pet drop and the Steam Saw.

Isn't sky city a campaign map ? If not then i vote Aquanos.

Otherwise Knights game would be non etheria shards campaign.

@Fozzie quote:

- By non-campaign, do you mean maps outside of the original 12? Or the Challenge-specific maps?

- If the former, then both Mistymire Forest & King's Game were some of my favorites -- Misty for the general layout of the map + boss fight ; and King's Game for its lack of obvious choke points and the craziness of the special tiles)

- If the latter, then I loved the layout of whichever Monster Fest challenge had the large, broken sunken ship (I would imagine said Monster Fest was introduced at around the same time as Aquanos, but I cannot remember if that specific map had a name)

Mine was City in the cliffs.   Nothing like 6 people just afk at the main crystal!

OK.  Joke aside, on harder difficulty, the map had a 'fun' flow to it.

Aquanos, King's Game and Sky City are hands down my favorites from DD1.

Kings Game was a slew of madness, Aquanos being the best in almost every aspect in terms of layouts and music, and Sky City because its a darn fun map to play in general. Good layout, cool wind pads around the map, and the boss fight is fun.

@Vespulax quote:

Sky City and Talay Mining Complex Emoji_Kobalt.png

Talay Mining Complex?? You must be a sadist... (lol just messing with ya - TMC had a really cool layout, I think I just have bad memories from trying to farm a good BF Drill for far too long off the challenge at the same map...)

Tavern Defense! Bring that back. Defend the old tavern! And then add "Defend the Town" map. That would be really cool! "The Old ones have invaded the town...protect it & the merchants!" and keep the catapults in that map, too...cuz...why not?

@SpiderDanX quote:

Tavern Defense! Bring that back. Defend the old tavern! And then add "Defend the Town" map. That would be really cool! "The Old ones have invaded the town...protect it & the merchants!" and keep the catapults in that map, too...cuz...why not?

Ooh, I like that idea! It would be pretty neat to be able to use the catapults as some kind of environmentally-triggered enemy-damager on a town-based map (though hopefully said trigger would be worthwhile to use, unlike the current ones...).