Sign in to follow this  
Baugoti

Idle Flow %

Just wanted to confirm something,

I keep reading that 80% is the best to get on Idle flow, they are older posts/stats.

I have one that is 66%.. is that bugged.. or have the stats changed on it?

Ya I got that.. Everything i keep reading (doing searches ect.) all I find is 80% is the lowest it can go.. just wondering if it changed, or is 66 incorrect and i should be looking still for an 80

It was before patch man. 80 was the lowest. now the lowest is 60 i think?

@zsolesz79 quote:

So still the lower the value the better? Desciption says "by X%" now...

I confirm, the text has changed with last update:

Before it was: Serenity Aura now slows enemies inside it to X% of their speed.

And now: Serenity Aura reduces enemy move speed by X% inside Serenity Aura.

I've been farming a lot to finally get a 65% with empower too. I really hope still the lower is better since I've burnt the old ones...

I have one with 95%, so I need to find one that its 65% cause its better ? Why? 

Serenity Aura reduces enemy move speed by X% inside Serenity Aura. 

doesnt this means that speed will reduced that amount? so, 65% its like the half when 88 its almost all speed, what I am missing? 

@Sennin quote:

I have one with 95%, so I need to find one that its 65% cause its better ? Why? 

Serenity Aura reduces enemy move speed by X% inside Serenity Aura. 

doesnt this means that speed will reduced that amount? so, 65% its like the half when 88 its almost all speed, what I am missing? 

It is "to X%" no matter what the tool tip states. Because if you think logically 1 passive reducing movement speed by 95%, does not make any sense. So ya.. the lower the better.

Of course lower is better. Isn't it super incredibly obvious that lower is better? If the tooltip was accurate and it decreased movement speed by instead of to 95%, that would almost root them in place especially when combined with frostbite.

@MasterCat quote:
@zsolesz79 quote:

So still the lower the value the better? Desciption says "by X%" now...

I confirm, the text has changed with last update:

Before it was: Serenity Aura now slows enemies inside it to X% of their speed.

And now: Serenity Aura reduces enemy move speed by X% inside Serenity Aura.

What's funny for me, I had a 65% Idle Flow BEFORE the patch as in "SA slows enemy to 65% of move speed". NOW it reads "SA reduces enemy move speed by 65% while inside SA".

If there was an actual change, then my 65% Idle Flow should be changed to a 35%... except nothing. AFAIK, the move speed effects are exactly the same before / after the patch [8s for a shrek to cross my SA, before and after the patch] so it seem as if they changed the description and that's all that was changed [they left the 'ofr' typo alone though. And other typoes / cut-off text].

IF the description is correct, BEFORE the patch, the LOWER the %, the better. AFTER the patch, the HIGHER the %, the better. I find this kind of change as annoying as the "lowest votes wins" contest to choose which map they put in next.

Hopefully someone at TE clarifies this or admits the mistake or something.

There is no "if the description is correct". We absolutely know that the description is not correct. We've seen Idle Flow roll with 95%. Just think about that. There is no chance in hell that idle flow slows movement speed by 95%. Absolutely none.

It's the same exact issue with ghastly halberd. The text reads "by XX%" when it means "to XX%". A lot of apprentices are running around with 90% halberds only to get blown up by a single kobold.

@ApexStorm quote:

It's the same exact issue with ghastly halberd. The text reads "by XX%" when it means "to XX%". A lot of apprentices are running around with 90% halberds only to get blown up by a single kobold.

And we kobolds and goblins love that ALOT! gobu gobu gobu. Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

IamIsom confirmed that lower is better over here:

https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/138891/idle-flow-higher-is-better-now?page=1#1237915

I can't even fathom how anyone could consider that there's a remote possibility that higher number is better with idle flow. You know it can roll up to 95%, and you know that enemies do not move at 5% of their movement speed when they are inside of it. Case closed. There shouldn't even be a discussion about this.