Sign in to follow this  
Amish Drive-by

SA/PDt

Not suppose to, but yes as of now they do.

@Zkurcrow quote:

If they're not supposed to stack, which would take precedence over the other in a scenario where a poisoned enemy dies inside of a Serenity Aura?

@g_cracka88 quote:

@Zkurcrow quote:

If they're not supposed to stack, which would take precedence over the other in a scenario where a poisoned enemy dies inside of a Serenity Aura?

SA ( i believe ) 

@Zkurcrow quote:

@g_cracka88 quote:

@Zkurcrow quote:

SA ( i believe ) 

Hmm, I appreciate the heads up, but I still don't love the idea of them not stacking - have the Devs commented on the topic and already determined that they're going to change it one way or the other?

I have no reason to believe they're not supposed to stack.   In fact, right when the poison shock bow was released,  they didn't stack and the SA functioned making the PDT useless. 

yea dont listen to zkurcrow here ...why wouldnt they be supposed to stack? PDT's explosion is one of the weakest explosions anyhow (80% of dp if u have max roll)  and if these two arent supposed to stack then archers explosions shouldnt as well - makes no sense!

@Jaromir quote:

yea dont listen to zkurcrow here ...why wouldnt they be supposed to stack? PDT's explosion is one of the weakest explosions anyhow (80% of dp if u have max roll)  and if these two arent supposed to stack then archers explosions shouldnt as well - makes no sense!

I don't know where I read it, but I'm pretty sure they said they aren't supposed to stack.

@Joghurt Dipper quote:

@Jaromir quote:

I don't know where I read it, but I'm pretty sure they said they aren't supposed to stack.

They are supposed to stack but they used to not stack, which was a bug.

@Joghurt Dipper quote:

@Jaromir quote:

was never said it was a "bug" it was said by RQA team "it is now stacking, so enjoy the cheese while you can"

so make what you will of it

I think they should stack, I don't really see any issue with it... Why make multiple defenses that proc on death effects if you are going to make them not stack? Forcing someone to forgo the benefits of a serenity aura to take advantage of poison spreading seems counter intuitive. 

Edit: For example, should Weapon Manufacturers also not gain stacks within a Serenity? Or should it override serenities and PDT's? Granted it's a different type on on death effect, but it's still an on death effect that, granted indirectly, results in damage.

@Jaromir quote:

Archer's explosion is on hit, not on death. That is an entirely different scenario that isn't relevant whatsoever.

@mindlessdefender quote:

So if they not supposed to stack which one would Overlap the other, meaning what explosion will over ride what?

Before Serenity overrode PDT. I'd assume they'd make it that way again if they did change it.

@Jaromir quote:

Before its nerf it was the most devestating you could find. 1 explosion could kill entire lanes where the SA would often stop quite early.

But i do agree its better if they stack.

Even if they didnt stack, wouldnt the PDT still spread its poison? If the explosion was mechanically needed for the poison to spread then the PDT would be useless so I hope that doesnt happen.

@Vindicit quote:

Even if they didnt stack, wouldnt the PDT still spread its poison? If the explosion was mechanically needed for the poison to spread then the PDT would be useless so I hope that doesnt happen.

Pretty sure the explosion is what causes the spreading. Though, I don't use the PDTs much. Wouldn't make much sense to me, otherwise, though.