Sign in to follow this  
mindlessdefender

I feel timers should be adjusted so playing with others not so bad.

You should not be given 1min to decide if you want to replay or go to tavern. That should be reduced to 30sec 20sec.
And when map ends and opening chest,  should be reduced to 70 sec instead of 115sec.
Many just afk during these times making the games last longer then they should. With this change we all just saved are selves  85 seconds of are time.  Which I think is a big deal.

Honestly, 10 seconds on the results screen should be the max.

Either stay in or get out, there's only 2 options, shouldn't take so long to choose.

@VincentX3 quote:

Either stay in or get out, there's only 2 options, shouldn't take so long to choose.

Naw 10 seconds or not long enough. Sometimes we have to talk about what we want to do now.
So 30 seconds like mindless said should be good.

@Joghurt Dipper quote:
@VincentX3 quote:

Naw 10 seconds or not long enough. Sometimes we have to talk about what we want to do now.
So 30 seconds like mindless said should be good.

You have the entire post-final wave to say if you want to repeat or not.

Hell, you even have more than enough time after chests spawn before everyone justs G's up.
I don't need to spend 30 seconds on a results screen because that one guy cant decide what to do.

I wouldn't mind this, if the salvage NPC worked, he doesn't unless you actively loot items when your bags are full.

So no from me, as if my bags are full and i need to sell a load of stuff, i hate being rushed by a stupid timer.

@Zimmermann quote:

I wouldn't mind this, if the salvage NPC worked, he doesn't unless you actively loot items when your bags are full.

So no from me, as if my bags are full and i need to sell a load of stuff, i hate being rushed by a stupid timer.

Why can't you do that back in the tavern? Why do ya need to hold everyone else up? There is no way you're looking through greens and probably not blues

I see Zimmerman's point sometimes you do need to clear your bag before opening the end game chest, if you have done multiple runs.

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Why can't you do that back in the tavern? Why do ya need to hold everyone else up? There is no way you're looking through greens and probably not blues

because of the point i made. pressing G with 100% bags or even 90% back = chest items + legendaries on floor going poof, especially when the ground is littered with blues/greens.
Secondly, I rarely hold anyone up as i play solo mostly and when I do play multiplayer this happens maybe 1 in 5 games when my bags are finally full.

What they need to add is an option to leave early or if you hit reply you are moved to a new room of the same map.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

because of the point i made. pressing G with 100% bags or even 90% back = chest items + legendaries on floor going poof, especially when the ground is littered with blues/greens.
Secondly, I rarely hold anyone up as i play solo mostly and when I do play multiplayer this happens maybe 1 in 5 games when my bags are finally full.

What they need to add is an option to leave early or if you hit reply you are moved to a new room of the same map.

Should not be a problem if you dedicate 1 bag to legendary items, as there is no way you will find 32 legendary items in 1 run.  Also 70 sec is a good amount of time to clear bag of white/green items.  And at the end of every round people will look through there items and delete the garbage as you not gonna find over 30 items in 1 round to have to look through.
For how long you saying you need to look through bag, you pretty much saying Onslaught is not an option for you, with the endless rounds.

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Should not be a problem if you dedicate 1 bag to legendary items, as there is no way you will find 32 legendary items in 1 run.  Also 70 sec is a good amount of time to clear bag of white/green items.  And at the end of every round people will look through there items and delete the garbage as you not gonna find over 30 items in 1 round to have to look through.
For how long you saying you need to look through bag, you pretty much saying Onslaught is not an option for you, with the endless rounds.

I understand you disagree with me, however its important you make a clear argument. Claiming a game mode (onslaught) is not possible due to wanting to clear ones bags without being in a rush is a about as far from reasonable and as clear a strawman argument one could ever make. Onslaught has no timer after each set of 3 waves, no rush... so what is your point?
Just accept, I do not like being rushed, if the timer was a little shorter maybe i still would not feel rushed, but at some point the timer because an issue for me... that exact point is unclear to even me.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

you do have that option 

@Jaromir quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

you do have that option 

no you get ported to town if you leave early, which i would assume is not what the rushing guys want, they want to replay asap. I am also not 100% sure if you receive your reward/medals if you leave early. 

At the end of the day, this entire post by the OP is because you cant leave early without forfeiting something they want, as they are "forced" to wait out afkers who refuse to press G.

@Zimmermann quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I understand you disagree with me, however its important you make a clear argument. Claiming a game mode (onslaught) is not possible due to wanting to clear ones bags without being in a rush is a about as far from reasonable and as clear a strawman argument one could ever make. Onslaught has no timer after each set of 3 waves, no rush... so what is your point?
Just accept, I do not like being rushed, if the timer was a little shorter maybe i still would not feel rushed, but at some point the timer because an issue for me... that exact point is unclear to even me.

I talking about playing with others, solo sure you have all the time in the world on Onslught, but with others when 2 ready up you only given about 70 seconds to go though your items, which is around the suggested time I am arguing for. 
But with that said, we could come up with a way for others to leave early and remake without having to wait for those who want to spend a lot of time going though items.  Because when poeople make a 700+ game they expecting for people who are not new to the game to join that look through every green and white item taking a long time.  As if you have a 700+ character you will know only legendary items matter or a well rolled mystic at best, which do not take long time to go through. So maybe we could have a shorter time limit for NM4 games only instead.

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Chedeuine quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I talking about playing with others, solo sure you have all the time in the world on Onslught, but with others when 2 ready up you only given about 70 seconds to go though your items, which is around the suggested time I am arguing for. 
But with that said, we could come up with a way for others to leave early and remake without having to wait for those who want to spend a lot of time going though items.  Because when poeople make a 700+ game they expecting for people who are not new to the game to join that look through every green and white item taking a long time.  As if you have a 700+ character you will know only legendary items matter or a well rolled mystic at best, which do not take long time to go through. So maybe we could have a shorter time limit for NM4 games only instead.

the part I have underlined is what I suggested also, it would be an easy fix and make both parties happy. Also, regarding multiplayer onslaught, I simply do not do it. However I do believe the salvage guy works as long as the game is not ending, which in the case of onslaught would solve that issue.

The point I have regarding time limits, is not "give me enough time to check every blue" but rather, give me enough time to take a sip of my tea, crack my knuckles, and open all pet loot boxes, delete all items, put all legionaries in 1 bag for upgrading my gear... and here is the important part: without rushing! Simply opening pet boxes before deleting will have made me literally millions of gold.

@Fionnbharr1 quote:

Or just buy gems to get more premium bags for valuable loot. [Kappa]

With all the characters they coming out with you pretty much have to, assuming you getting all them.  I hope they give us a stash maybe in the tavern to hold items, because with all the new characters coming out we gonna run out of room.  I like to have 1 stash for each character.

I bought the starter Council pack way back when, which gives me additional bags, but by the time I have one dedicated to the uniques for the four basic classes and the AL/GW I spent the gems on, I've used up most of my bags and am down to two I can use to sell away stuff. Part of that's because I'm a hoarder and lazy about deciding what's actually worth keeping, but considering how worns and sturdies never stop dropping, it's a bit much for inventory management to be P2W.

This one should be more simple and user friendly than it is.  Why do (up to) all 4 people have to repeat for there to be a repeat?  Steal from Warframe if this wasn't obvious enough - you have stay column, drop column, show who has gone where.  Shrink timers as asked - 60/70 sec for the end,  20/30 seconds for the tavern or redo.  

But frankly here is where a miss is.. why not allow the 'squad' or team to stick together?  An obvious example is 'lets try a harder one now', I've told my group I'm making the same map, next NM one for example, we crushed it.  I guess (imagine?) you can convert to a group in some fashion but that might even be a part of that end screen.

My biggest beef is we still don't have EASY filters/sorters across ALL inventory of ANY kind.  That was supposed to be coming, I'm sorry but that customize bag option doesn't offer any real tangible help we desperately need.  There are some really easy things that could be done here too.. but I'll find / save that for another thread I guess.   

@Fionnbharr1 quote:

I bought the starter Council pack way back when, which gives me additional bags, but by the time I have one dedicated to the uniques for the four basic classes and the AL/GW I spent the gems on, I've used up most of my bags and am down to two I can use to sell away stuff. Part of that's because I'm a hoarder and lazy about deciding what's actually worth keeping, but considering how worns and sturdies never stop dropping, it's a bit much for inventory management to be P2W.

- I've suggested a system where new bags are purchasable with gems, but then whose capacities are upgradeable with in-game currency or can be "leveled-up" the more you play or something (they'd have to balance it so that you couldn't max them out extremely quickly though).

- The system would be a win-win really -- Players win because we'll have finally received a system where storage is manageable, and Trendy wins because bags purchasable with gems (i.e. real money) are more desirable! (I'm honestly kind of surprised they haven't implemented something like that yet...)

Bags should have some Medal path too IMO, or at least some help in some specific areas eg. pet expansion.

Warframe works with the platinum economy very well - people buy stuff directly but they can also chip away at other items through other means that just don't demand cold hard cash only.  Inventory is too critical to not have some other pathways - I too bought the expanded starter set back in the day and still hit hard walls.  I'd rather spend my money/gems on cool outfits though and support that than necessarily supported the overflowing mess that is inventory with pets and items (considering alternate builds and additional character purchases).  Frankly more bags / size without real tools concerns me too, it's already a nightmare in my opinion (recent post made).